Max Verstappen | Page 57 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Just to be sure: did I mention it was not an assault?

2. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Did you guys hear about the fella pulled over by the cops. He had sodium chloride and a 9-volt in his car.

Timstudio likes this.
  3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003

4. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Ah, I did. Forgot about that. Thanks for the quote. So we're finally clear about it. It wasn't an assault. It was a push.

5. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    #1405 kizdan, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Ignorance is bliss. :rolleyes:

6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Okay, I blew it.

I should have worded it:

Stewards are investigating Max Verstappen for walking through the paddock with Sodium Chloride and a 9-volt.

But anyway, all legalese and definitions aside, perhaps many of us can agree Max would serve himself better (and maybe F1 as well), by tempering his anger just a bit.

I really tried to give him some benefit of the doubt on the touch-push incident as few of us can really imagine the fire flowing through one's veins during an F1 race. But I've been disappointed in his apparent doubling-down of arrogance in the aftermath. Oh well, so be it.

I rode a ski lift with a Brit exPat a couple days ago. He's a big LH fan (imagine that), but I had to laugh at his reply when asked his thoughts on Max: "He needs a good slapping"

(yes, yes...that might be an assault)

Timstudio and daytona355 like this.
  7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

KIZDAN,

Take a few days off. On me.

personal insults abound in your posts. 1 week site wide ban. Enough of this crap already.

I'm going back through this thread now, and anyone else who is baiting, or insulting, is gonna watch from the outside for a week as well.

D

E60 M5 and 375+ like this.
  8. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Now that IS funny.

daytona355 and Timstudio like this.
  9. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It is. Recording of series 3 ep. 1 started end of october. I saw some great pictures of it but they (me ex colleges) couldn't reveal any of the featured cars. So these photo's were showing the technical stuff used to record and produce the show (nerd stuff.) Recordings were at chipping norton, UK.

tifosi12, Nortonious and daytona355 like this.
  10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.planetf1.com/news/verstappen-reveals-plan-b-if-honda-swap-fails/ --

Max Verstappen has warned Red Bull he has a “Plan B” should their switch to Honda fail to give him the power needed to fight for a World title.

Next season Red Bull Racing will run Honda power have opted to drop Renault after 12 years together.

The Milton Keynes squad have blamed Renault for their inability to win a World title since the sport introduced 1.6-litre V6 back in 2014.

Red Bull, though, are adamant they will be back in the game next season thanks to Honda power.

Verstappen really hopes so.

“I really like this team and I’m sure we can build the fastest car ever,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We just need the engine to reach the right level.

“Next year we must try to go strong and set the stage for 2020, when the project is fighting for the title.”

He has, however, warned Red Bull what will happen if he isn’t fighting for the title come 2020.

“There is always a Plan B…” he said.

11. Timstudio

Timstudio Karting

Jul 22, 2008
    NL
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Smart move from him. RB drops drivers if they do not live up to their expectation. So it's logical that also works the other way around. Mercedes perhaps? That would make funny radio messages.
    Elton: 'Why is my car slow?' 'There is something wrong with this car!' 'I have no power!!'
    Max: 'Everything fine. Just Cruisin'

Or Ferrari:
    Ferrari: 'Forza forza Maxico'
    Max: 'pizza pizza'

12. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Kids push each other and jump ontop of each other in the playground every day. Are they assaulting each other ?

13. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

They are probably Under the legal age too ....

14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Under the legal age for what ?

A person of any age can still commit a crime, only the punsishment / sentencing differs.
    The tragic Jamie Bulger case underscored such.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's unlikely a child will be charged, then prosecuted and later sentenced just for simply shoving another kid during some horseplay.
    It's more likely that the adult responsible for oveseeing the playground could be disciplined in case of complain by a parent

There is a minimum legal age for criminal matters, in UK at least. The Bulger case underscore that as well. no Crown Court, no jury, no prison, etc ...
    Venables and his friend were judged in camera by a Juvenile Court, and detained in a "secure accommodation" by the social services.

Before them, there was the case of Mary Bell, etc ...

But maybe you are going to show us proofs that I am wrong?

16. st@ven

st@ven F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Man.. are we still talking abot this??
    Can we not just give it a rest and move on?

It's funny how some react on this topic. Talking about Max to grow up and getting his act together .... Well, some over here clearly could do with that same advice.
    F1 kindergarten over here.

Bas, maulaf, Finlander and 1 other person like this.
  17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehehe, I’m not a max fan, but I can’t help but look forward to seeing him bump a few guys again next year, preferably not Ferrari’s though Maxine!

Bas, Nortonious, st@ven and 1 other person like this.
  18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Now it makes sense: His dad was never that fast but this is where the real genes come from. :p

vinuneuro and daytona355 like this.
  20. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Call it what you'd like. It earned him a punishment. Punishments are the opposite of honors.

william likes this.
  21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Once she won a single one-event trophy where one of the drivers would later become five-time world champion (Davide Forè). Also racing in that event was Jarno Trulli, that would become karting world champion and then F1 driver.

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    His dad was actually fast, but got thrown into F1 too early, and had the misfortune of being Schumachers teammate and after that never got into a fast car again. There was the Honda project, which he was attached to that looked very promising, but when Harvey died Honda pulled the plug.

SimCity3, 375+, ypsilon and 1 other person like this.
  23. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    The rain races showed how good of a driver Jos Verstappen actually was.

He was def. a better driver than f.i. the Coulthards of this world. His PR and temper were quite a bit less favourable than the Coulthards of this world though.

375+ and Bas like this.
  24. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I rate DC. Not in the very top, obviously...but maybe in the Hulkenberg type category. Better than most in the ''middle field''

25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    We will see what stuff Hulkenberg is made of this year, it should be interesting.

Bas and william like this.