Omega Speedmaster | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Omega Speedmaster

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by ronfrohock, Dec 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Hi Ron. If the Omega doesn't work out for your son, what about looking at a Tudor? They are such beautiful pieces and costs less than a Rolex Sub.

2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    That’s a great suggestion. I know he really likes the brand.

He sent the watch in and was hoping to get some special consideration based on the circumstances but no.....

We’re both disappointed with the lack of customer care.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Omega rep said there is no concrete info as to delivery dates and production numbers yet.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  4. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    For what it is worth, this was posted 2 days ago on the Rolex Forums Omega thread.

"Just got a call from my contact at the Boutique on 5th Ave. He's authorized to take deposits on the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary edition. He said it's NOT going to have Caliber 321. There will be two versions, both housing Caliber 1861, one in steel on a bracelet, and the other in gold, and probably on a strap.
    Pretty sure I'm not interested, but just thought I would share the update here."

5. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Taking early deposits is a normal thing with hot watches and more often than not, it's without exact information and release dates.

This boutique is just locking in customers.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Thanks. That confirms what I read a week ago or so. I'm no longer excited...I passed up on a NOS apollo-soyuz watch recently holding out for this...so far a mistake.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/omega-caliber-321-back-production/

7. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    I have that one still. I let me Speedy Pro go, which I regret. They seem to have jumped in price a lot and I'm not really interested at the new price points :-(

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    First of likely many variations of a 50th anniversary Apollo 11 Speedy released today. All gold homage to the 1,014 made in 1969-73. https://www.fratellowatches.com/gold-omega-speedmaster-apollo-11-50th-anniversary/

Expect the others to be announced during Baselworld late next week and into the weekend. Swatch will be holding their own event in Basel for retailers only. It is separate from Baselworld as Swatch no longer is part of that event.

9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    TWK and ronfrohock like this.