24hrs with 458 Spider, disappointed | Page 5 | FerrariChat

24hrs with 458 Spider, disappointed

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamtensta, Jan 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    You may disagree, but you’d be wrong. Lol

2. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    LOL ok boss

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’ll add that driving a 918, the sound at WOT is amazing.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    No I am not, I never drive my F-car in the town even though I live in Vasastan :)

5. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Understandable

6. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I’m late to the conversation here, but I can say that while renting any exotic will give you an idea of what the cars can do as was mentioned earlier many are abused so the aren’t an actual representation of an actual personally owned example. The best rental exotic I ever rented condition wise was a 488 spider last summer. It was new to the rental company with just over 500 miles when I received it for my rental period, and I more then doubled the miles on the car before returning it.

As far as preferring Ferrari over Porsche again it’s quite subjective, personally I’ve enjoyed the Ferrari’s and McLarens over Porsche and Lamborghini. I also think it’s unfair to measure a v12 GT Ferrari against a v8 mid engine Ferrari since they really are quite different.

There are several cars that are fun to drive for different reasons, I’ve had fun in each exotic I’ve rented ( usually rent an exotic every time on vacation) but I also know what ones I’d prefer to own from my driving experiences.

I wouldn’t say Porsche’s are bad, matter of fact they perform very well but for me personally they aren’t something that do it for me and aren’t something I would consider buying.

It seems the op enjoyed the 812 more then the 458, so it might be worth the op’s time and money to possibly aquire an 812 over a 458 assuming he can afford one.

Adamtensta likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No just no.

No automatic mode. Never.

Just plain wrong.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Every time I think give this guy Mike a chance- you say something like this.
    If you find the sounds of the car annoying, you find the drive of the cars boring, why bother even posting?

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Auto in an FF is tremendously capable and fun. Auto in a 458 isnt terrible from what i remember. Rent one for 24 hrs then you use the paddles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Auto in a 458 is amazing. Not that I would use it ;)

dustman and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Auto in both my 488 and 720 are terrible. The upshifts come way too quick. Besides I’ll do auto in my Range Rover, never in my exotics.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Would love to own a 812. There's one for sales in the whole country, but I think it's too expensive for a weekend car. For the same price I get three 458.

Also what I've learned in life is that even if you can afford something, don't kill your dream too fast. One day I want to own matte black lambo, sort of a teenage dream,, but I don't want to kill the dream yet.

3POINT8 likes this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Give it up;) This person is obviously trying to fit in this forum nicely;)

14. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Says the guy who's from the bay area

15. Natkingcolebasket69

I would personally never buy anything passed a 430 manual. I love my TR bc I feel like I’m a driver; those newer models feel too easy to drive to me. Fun, beautiful to look at, great on track but I don’t feel special driving them.Just me.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

?! U are a new member I am not, pretty different story.

17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Why fed the troll? Just ignore him.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    I vote for a new 458 owner's forum........:)

19. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    This thread has sidetracked. I just shared my first drive experience and many went nuts. Though I did say this might cause some fire and fury.

I'm not here to troll, I'm here to learn. If you stay stubborn in life then that's a pity.

Again, let's see what I end up with this summer. I've one more car to buy and I've not given up on the 458 yet

20. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Ok. I personally don't think there are much left for you learn anymore from 6 pages of collective ferrari owner experiences and opinions . A good number of owners including myself who had long experience with Porsche told you that the pdk is different, exhaust is different but could be subjective, and try out a non rental.

If you truly are not a troll, then be reminded of that your calling people names when people don't agree with you and your insinuation of people's location is definitely not welcomed here, especially when you are a new member asking for opinions in helping your next purchase.

21. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Please show me where I've called out people names? However, there's been awfully lot of sarcasm towards my post for unnecessary reasons

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Theres really nothing to learn. To me every 911 is a punch buggy. Ive owned them and i dont get them. I don’t care to get them. You dont get the 458. Its fine. Move on.

dustman likes this.
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #123 ttforcefed, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    That was for adam obviously

Drew_1 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  24. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    I've owned my first Ferrari(458 Italia) for just ten days and the very first time i'd been in a moving Ferrari(Driving or otherwise) was the first time i drove my new one..I've owned too many Porsches to count and currently have a 991.2GT3 PDK and a 981 Spyder which makes me pretty well qualified on Porsches.
    In my brief Ferrari owning time i can say without doubt its in a whole league above Porsche in terms of being special to drive.Its ride quality makes my Porsches feel like horse carts in comparison although i still love Porsches.
    Maybe i got lucky and bought a particularly well cared for 458, but even so i think its the most desirable and exciting car i've ever owned. And i bought mine totally blind without any testdrive or even saw it until it was delivered to my house.!

25. WLFerrari

WLFerrari Karting

Mar 17, 2017
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    That's an immature response as I am from the bay area too. Grow up. If you have the money to buy the car, put your money where your mouth is. And if Ferrari is not your cup of tea, move on. Otherwise, go find a bridge to jump off.