New Year project | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Year project

Discussion in '206/246' started by swift53, Jan 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Alberto, this is beautiful. Like all of your posts it is always a treat to see what you have been up to in the workshop. I'm glad the 908 was posted. That was my first idea as well- do not paint it. You can mount it and always go back later to paint. There is something magical about the actual shape itself, raw and unencumbered by the covering paint would provide.
    You're right about the bananas... the detail(s) can drive you crazy if you let them. For me, the simpler (less) the better. The form is such a strong statement.
    As for the hanging/backing, Enzo provided a very elegant solution- although not easy- the skeleton you would see in superleggera construction. Of course this is not correct for Dino construction, but using a series of small tubes welded together could provide a very flexible way to connect the body and the wall.
    Well anyway, these are just one set of ideas. I'm sure what you will decide will be fantastic. Thank you for publishing this project and sharing more of your great work with us.
    Dave

2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  3. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

What's that project (the boat) that is next to your Dino-on-a-Half-Shell in your first post? That looks interesting too!

Mark

4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Mark, that, is a "Conger" sailboat built by Blohm & Voss shipyards( of 'Bismarck' fame)
    sold to me by a German gent that brought it here when he came to work from Germany.
    The boat, rigging, and stainless steel is finished, only paint needed.

Meanwhile, another photo.
    Regards, Alberto

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    We finally figured out how to hang on a wall, and the results are very good.
    Next step will be to apply white primer and block sand what little is left to be done.
    Then, paint.

I don't know if we ought to eliminate the key lock indentation and the hole for the door opener.
    I think that the step for the rear glass is redundant and breaks the line. Opinions are welcome.

Regards, Alberto

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Alberto,

Looking great! I hope you don’t mind but I adjusted the attitude of the nose down a bit so the main feature line lines up.

Freeman

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you for pointing it out Freeman! We shall :)

Kind regards, Alberto

8. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    energy88 likes this.
  9. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Beautiful, most likely quite pricey, as huge efforts involved. Not to mention the space required...
    Thank you for posting :)

Regards, Alberto

10. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    GIOTTO likes this.