When will the price threads ever stop? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

When will the price threads ever stop?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Bradwilliams, Jan 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i disagree these cars are special just like diablos and countach there not corvettes so i would not want to see a huge decline

2. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Everyday I see my car in the garage knowing this thing is mine and I can drive it anytime is forever priceless.

19633500GT, E_Man, sixcarbs and 2 others like this.
  3. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I’m just making an exaggerating point that’s all. In reality you are absolutely right. And yes it’s not a pos corvette. I own one day I can say it. Dime a dozen. But what your buying is cheap speed

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i wouldnt go there a vette is a pos its alot of power for the money not all can buy a ferrari or a lambo so a vette to some is there ferrari we are all fortunate to own exotic cars

Zeff and Jakuzzi like this.
  5. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    VColin, xplodee and Zeff like this.
  6. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  7. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Gosh you are obsessed with me;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Gosh you are obsessed with me;)

Ps : not you zeff

10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    lol ur the star

11. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    your well known on tr prices on here and bat,like i said before had a guy hit me up at supercar sunday about prices 80s and i said where did you see those prices he said ferrari chat i wonder whos posts lol ur a star at end of day i enjoy ur posts makes the forums fun

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Ha ha ha! Way too much credit for a Frenchman.
    Again u can tell them I said cheap at 80k, nice 100k with 20-30k miles and 120 for sub 10k- some colors like u might get more.

13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    met an awsome french american man a few weeks ago bought a g63 from him thought of u

14. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    As far as the price discussions go, it will always continue. It's just an asset class and moves based on market forces.

We talk about values because Ferraris are more than a car....more akin to artwork. It has value more that a mere transportation device. It has lasting appeal, heritage and models long past are kept in restored form for all to admire. That will always carry value.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Well said

17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I agree ur doing both best of both worlds red head gt driven last week end need to take 430 out it’s been way too long for her

Shamile likes this.
  18. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

#43 dwhite, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    As usual, absolute nonsense. I have been here since 2001(some stupid glitch in Rob's new older servers says I joined when the change happened back in '03). You can ask TomD he brought me to Fchat.

Many discussions of prices on service, parts, cars, insurance, tires, covers and everything associated with owning all throughout my time on Fchat for used and newer models. Lots of great info for newbies and those looking to possibly move to another Ferrari or add another to their garage. It's a market and price will always be discussed.

Brad, your are one of the one most interested in prices. When the prices come down, do you buy? When prices go up, do you sell? I've bought cars when I wanted one and actually have never, ever had one worth less than what I paid, but as I have said many, many times they are not good investments.

For me, it's the folks who are always trying to figure out when to buy their supposed dream car and never doing so because they have to get the lowest price on a perfect car and waste lots of bandwith and give halfassed opinions of cars they have never owned or will never own, which irritates me.

So, saying you keep hoping prices will come down so you can get whatever you want is afools game. It's a fairly nutty market, but it's not tulips. Ferraris have never been cheap and most likely never will in my lifetime.

Natkingcolebasket69, Newman and Zeff like this.
  19. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I have what I want, not really looking to buy anything for awhile. And no I am not the most interested in prices, and if you read my comment my hope was that if the market fell even further that the people obsessed with prices and speculation would leave and we wouldn't have to see so many of these lame threads. And lastly, people who are tyring to get the lowest price on a perfect car are the ones who are excercising financial responsibility. Maybe they'll get the car maybe they wont, it's their choice. That is all.

Xtreme5053 and George Vosburgh like this.
  20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Financial responsibility. Yes, those are exactly the words which come to mind when buying a vintage/classic/new Ferrari. I believe you mean procrastination. Sorry Brad, but you're trying to sell ice to an Alaskan with that statement.

My last question to you; do you believe in speculation?

TTR likes this.
  21. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I'm not trying to sell you anything dwhite, and I'm not procrastinating either. Enjoy Alaska. Of course I believe in speculation. But when a bunch of them come into buying metal with four wheels out of the blue following the herd then I reserve the right to make fun of them. The can buy them all they want, doesn't mean I have to like it.

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    The price threads will never stop ...remember how difficult it was before the internet to determine what Ferrari price was 'correct' unless you were a dealer?

Bring em on !:)

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh there is nothing financially responsible about buying an old car

24. E_Man

E_Man Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So please tell us how low do prices have to go for you to be satisfied? $80K, $60k, $40k? A really nice TR can be had today for $120k. Do you truly believe that number is influenced by wild speculators? Have you seen what a top of the line Mercedes Benz, BMW, Range Rover or Tesla costs today? We are talking about a car that was Ferrari's Flagship model, a car that inspired dreams for millions of people, if not a generation. Diesel pick up trucks today are selling for $60k and up. Keep beating the same old drum, we know you will.

25. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I like to see this kind of mileage, not only does it mean the car is solid but also that someone enjoyed driving it all those miles.