Ferrari 599 GTB. No paint match | FerrariChat

Ferrari 599 GTB. No paint match

Discussion in '612/599' started by john edwards, Jan 18, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. john edwards

john edwards Rookie

Sep 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Edwards
    I have a 2008 599 GTB that needs the rear quarter panel, rear bumper, passenger door and trunk repainted. The body shop is telling me they can't match my dark blue paint. They say that they requested a match from their supplier and also reached out to Ferrari directly. My vin is ZFFFC60163216. The paint shop wants me to paint the entire car and of course charge me more. They say if the whole car isn't painted the repair will be obvious. I bought the car damaged so do not have insurance handling the expenses. Can anybody lead me to the right decision. Thanks John

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    That does not sound right .. where are you located .. I am sure there will be fchatters in your area that know I good shop ..even if you have to travel

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

This sounds like all kinds of wrong.

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Well, matching colors can be very challenging. Is the color metallic? That's harder.

Even with spray out panels and tinting, it can be difficult to panel paint and most shops will want to blend into adjacent panels. That said, I understand the suggestion.

You are painting almost 50% already so it's not that crazy of a suggestion.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  6. EP328

EP328 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I had several panels repainted on my blue tdf 599. No issues with matching. You may want to find another paint shop.

7. Michael_s

Michael_s Rookie

Oct 20, 2013
    NNJ
    Call Dan at Bradan for a second opinion.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat