575M HGTC? GTC? FHP? Confused? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

575M HGTC? GTC? FHP? Confused?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ghardt, Aug 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Paul- You bet. This gentleman has the Workshop Manual, Parts Catalog, P-Code breakout, Flat-Rate Manual (how many hours it takes to do each maintenance), and Technical Bulletins. Can be kind of expensive separately, but I bargained for most of them at once on a DVD. Tell him I sent you.

kurt white [[email protected]]

Taz
    Terry Phillips

2. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Terry , as I am now becoming a closet parts list researcher, thought you should know that on the UK web site, Eurospares, they quote that part number 70000962 £366 for FHP is replaced by part number 70001079 after stock exhaustion. (does not say if FHP or not £460). So what is that all about? Brembo making a mod to the pads? No such change for rear pads.

Paul

3. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #78 tazandjan, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
    Paul- Whenever a part number says "replaced after stock exhaustion" it means there is essentially no difference between the two parts and the replacement part is most likely a different batch or made by a different subcontractor. When a parts change is accompanied by an Assembly Number, it means a new and improved part was fitted after that assembly and earlier parts are now considered spare parts for earlier cars.

That is why I said there would be little functional difference, if any, between the 197211, 210674, and 205619 Shock Absorber ECUs.

Ricambi does not list the replacement front FHP pads you show, and must have good stocks of the old pads. My parts catalog only shows
    70000962, too, so the new pads much have been part of a parts catalog change I do not have. The Technical Bulletins carry updated Parts Catalog pages, but updated FHP pads were not among them. The Eurospares price is much better than the US price for FHP pads.

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=272758

The 575 Superamerica was also available with FHP and I just added one to my list today. The updated pads may actually be in the 575 SA Parts Catalog, but I have been unable to find a copy of that document. Ricambi does not have it online, either.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

4. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony

Hi,

back in 2009 you posted he locations for the Steering and Suspension ECU's. I'm still wanting to locate on my RHD car. Can you enlighten me a bit more if possible. I've taken the right hand panel on the drivers side off but am not sure if thats the right location. I can't seem to see any large ECU boxes there.

Appreciate your help,

regards
    Tony

5. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    I have an early 575m. Got 205619 from Euro spares to replace 197211. Noticeable difference. Porpoising eliminated or at least greatly reduced. No floating. BTW I always use sport mode but the improvements are noticeable in regular drive mode too. Did not change springs or bars. The improvement due to shock ecu swap was enough to satisfy me.
    GTS Bruce

docapl likes this.
  6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Tony: ten years later and you're really testing my memory but I'm as sure as I can be that both were located as described in a UK car

Try looking for the part numbers on whatever you find in that area to cross check what you find

7. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Looking through this old thread, we have learned a lot since then, as well as burned through a large number of FHP/HGTC NOS parts. Many are NLA.

8. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks for the thoughts. I've had both drivers and passengers side panels off and the steering ECU is not on the passengers side (LHS on a RHD car). Only the suspension ECU is there. I'm not sure what I am looking for. Is the steering ecu the same size box as the the suspension ecu? When I look on the pats schedule it appears to be a smaller box. I've read so many threads on this but still not sure where to locate it as I want to order an upgrade from Maranello Skunkworks as I will be in the US in 10 days. Can anyone shed more light on this please.

9. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    #84 Ozeskiman, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Hi Taz,
    I gave you my cars details a few weeks back and suggested that the previous owner had put the HGTC F1 ecu in. At least that is what he told me. However after reading all the posts I have since checked and it is actually the suspension ecu. The new one is 201674. Did you ever get to try the HGTC F1 ecu? One last question. If I upgrade the steering ecu to MSW ecu, will it cause the suspension light to come on?

10. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Glad you found the suspension ECU

Sorry if the old post is not clear but the steering ECU is about an inch cubed and definitely by the driver's right ankle on an RHD car

11. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    201674 is not the HGTC suspension ECU, but it is a good one for early (pre-AN 52556) 575Ms. Have not fitted the HGTC F1 ECU yet because I need to new Motronic ECUs to make it work. The MSW/FHP steering ECU does not affect the suspension lamp. It only schedules hydraulic boost.

12. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    I make my friends in the neighborhood think I have a hgtc carbon brakes on my 575 by never changing my brakes or rotors.

When I roll thu stop signs and they hear that sweet squeak. They know who is the boss.

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  13. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony

Thanks guys for the help. I want to check which ecu I have for the steering I think I've located the steering ECU. On the RH foot well, wheel side of the car, there is a curved panel. Thee is a cluster of what look like 4 control boxes. Is one of these the steering ECU. I cannot see nay identification on either of the two visible boxes (green and black). These all seem to be locked together and I cannot separate any of them from each other or even pull the box of the cable side. The whole cluster appears to be attached by one nut holding the top black box the the car.

Am I looking at the correct module? If I am, how do I get them apart to look for any markings to see which ecu I have in the car, before I order an updated one?
    Any help is appreciated. Here is a picture looking up from the floor.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
  15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I think your steering ecu is the black box above the green - as I said its ten years now since I looked - they are both tight fits into their sockets (grey & black with wires emerging) but no other attachment - maybe you now need to look at the parts drawing again for items 33 & 34 (as it says above) to see what makes sense (even transposed for rhd)

16. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  17. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks for the info. The top black box seems to actually have a moulded lug attached to enable the units to be attached to the car..you can see the nut. But I will check again. Just wish I could read the ID info. I can see a small bit of writing on the black box beside the green one. Just cant get them to seperate away from the wired connector.

18. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    The steering ECU itself does not have a molded in tab however the connector it plugs into does have a tab

19. Ozeskiman

Ozeskiman Karting

May 15, 2016
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanks to all of you for the input on the steering ecu location. I can see the ecu but its hidden behind another one and no matter how hard I try I simply cannot get the green one to separate away from the wiring socket. Nor can I slide the green box away from the top box. It moves but they must be locked together somehow. So I'm just going to have to enjoy the car as it is. It still drives fabulously.