360 crash after F50 cut him off | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 crash after F50 cut him off

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFR33458, Jan 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #51 BMW.SauberF1Team, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Both driver's are dumb, but it was the F50's fault without knowing the lead up to the camera car. Crossing over 2 lanes into the slow lane at a high rate of speed obviously caused all of that. The 360 driver probably has slow reflexes and wasn't fast enough to brake and instincts said to go left.

I will place more blame on the 360 driver if I see video prior to overtaking the camera car. If the 360 was always speeding in the slow lane, he's less at fault as the F50 driver should have known a speeding car was in that lane before blindly moving 2 lanes over there. If he (360) was behind the F50 in the fast lane and cut to the slow lane prior to the camera car and F50 didn't know back then, the 360 is more at fault.

2. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Could have been avoided by checking mirrors and using brakes, or not taking the bait in the first place. Pure Adrenaline, which shows they were into it with each other before, is pretty obvious. Nobody comes out on top racing on public roads. Even if you “win”, you both look the fool.

3. Craig Campbell

Mar 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Craig Campbell
    360 driver is not a very good driver. They were both playing around in traffic and if you watch the video closely the 360 actually sped up to cut off the F50 too late in his blind spot. 360 had clear vision of everything and is at least 90% at fault.

4. msnare

msnare Rookie

Dec 21, 2017
    Boys race on the street. Men race on the track.

paulchua likes this.
  5. Douglas Apelian

Aug 27, 2018
    Green Cove Springs, Florida
    Full Name:
    Douglas Apelian
    Dangerous stuff like this should be left on the track boys where everyone knows the risks and accepts them. That being said I would never want to drive near the 360 even if it was on a track. Many ways he/she could have avoided the destruction of a beautiful auto. In the end if you want to play you better be ready.

daytona355 and paulchua like this.
  6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    The problem is, when’s the last time someone on this forum, any other sports cars forum, or for that matter, any man, has said “...I’m not a very good driver...”? Never. No man is ever that self aware/honest with themselves...and I’m willing to bet that applies to some people here as well.
    That’s why it’s best to keep it to the track. Otherwise, you have a false sense of security that accidents like this only happen to dummies and therefore, it’s acceptable for you and I to drive like this on streets.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #57 Streetsurfer, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    I think many professional drivers can with humility and lack of arrogance and no false sense of security call themselves good drivers, or they may not have chosen or excelled in the profession. I am willing to admit my mistakes, most of the time, hehe. Even to they law that stopped me, when In fact, I was the one that flubbed it.

When I see stuff like this highway confrontation, I think of the ways it could have been avoided, the principles I was tought in helping to avoid accidents, and as well, the many times something did go wrong and what I learned from it and purposed to do instead going forward.

I’ve rode with terrible drivers and I think you are right.....not likely they’d say they weren’t a very good driver, in spite of all the miles they’ve recklessly logged.

I'm 360 Canuck and daytona355 like this.
  8. Oversteer40

Oversteer40 Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    I agree that racing on the street is irresponsible and dangerous and people should be held accountable for their actions, especially with powerful cars it should be done on a track in a safe environment.

However the 360 driver's skill level could have been tested in other less reckless situations everyday out on the roads, seen it many times when trying to avoid an incident/collision, drivers over correct/react(usually brain fart and give up) and loose control, and its the faulty set of inputs/lack of useful inputs to the car from the driver that are the cause 100%.

Its not like the car been driven, is not more capable than most of good handling characteristic.

Wouldn't want to be driving on hwy at speed or on a track with the 360 driver ever.

Man's gotta know his limitations.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Could have just been 2 guys guilty of DWA. :)

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I wonder if either of the drivers, or owners of the cars if different, are members of this forum and are reading our comments! It would be good to get their first hand account of their actions, bet their versions are more bullish than conciliatory!

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  11. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    In that situation, what do you think happens if the 360 sees the F50 coming in and decides to go through the gap before it closes and floors it? The F50 backs off or it ends poorly?

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hopefully he’d have the good sense to realise the F50 has the power to blast him away, so he wouldn’t dare make such a stupid move, it would only end in two destroyed beautiful cars.... at least only one got totalled, and it was the less rare and expensive model

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Christ, someone decided a Toyota sedan was sporty, and decided to race with a similarly unlikely cheap SUV? Those people terrify me, cos they must be ****ing crazy anyway.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yeh people in that part of the world are generally a bit placid/lazy ...but behind the wheel a LOT of them turn into crazed idiots,with no manners /common etc etc sense you name it.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Worst places I ever drove for nutters had to be the various emerging countries of the old soviet empire..... those guys seemed to drive in a daze, but usually fast cars around them bred some kind of sense out of them (they probably thought we were Russian mafia and they’d get shot if they got in the way) but people that take the most unprepared sedan and try to race in it are just nuts..... no handling, no brakes, and likely a pretty underachieving driver behind the wheel makes for some terrifying manoeuvres!

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.