03532 1972 GT for sale through Gooding | FerrariChat

03532 1972 GT for sale through Gooding

Discussion in '206/246' started by Neelfryer, Jan 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
  2. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    It’s a different one! Looks like a really nice example in great colors!

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Wrong toolkit of course, but otherwise it looks very nice (lovely colour:)). The phrase "the next owner should anticipate further mechanical attention before use" rings alarm bells.:(

375+ likes this.
  4. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Unfortunately, it was not repainted in its original Blue Dino Metallizzato. The interior is odd. Light gray leather now (should have been beige/Sabbia) and from the photos (and the catalog itself for the current auction which I have) the doors are finished in light gray AND beige/Sabbia just above the door pockets. I have extra leather though that would complete it in the original interior color! And I have a NOS AC system if there are problems with the AC on this one.

5. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    It looks a lot nicer in the pictures ..I was at the auction had some paint issues and other issues the rear trunk would not open had a crack on rear qtr panel looked like maybe some filler t one time sold for a fair price considering

6. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

The Gooding website says it sold for $240,800, but that doesn't appear to include the Gooding buyer's commission.

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I beleive that includes the commission...it was a weak car in my opinion

8. DinoLasse

DinoLasse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2009
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Yes, it does include the comission. The hammer price was only 215,000 USD if I remember correctly. Bidding was very tentative.

Agreed it had a weak sales appeal. It needed both interior and exterior refurbishment. Still, not an impossible car, though.

I consider it a somewhat reasonable deal for the buyer.

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The buyer paid $ 240 K and if he adds another $ 200 K (at least) for a nice restoration he will end up with $ 440 K or more.

Marcel Massini

10. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    I don't know where to spent 200k in a normal Dino restoration, beside the fascinating projects of Matthias.
    But sure, everybody can spend as much money as he like to do.

11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I dont know what the coat would be but this car needed some significant work to be a number 2 car ..I would have rather paid 350 or so for a nicely done car

375+ likes this.
  12. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    Again - I contend that finding a nicely done car for 350k is a bit tough. And I mean this in the good spirit of loving these cars and being a relatively new owner - I am coming up on a year of ownership and I looked and shopped on and off for a few years and I continue to look for them as a hobby and fascination.

There are very few cars on the market - a good sign for owners - when I was looking I paid for 2 private inspections on cars I didn't buy and I saw the one first hand that I ultimately bought.

The brokers, weasels and collectors I chat with all seem to feel like the DINO market is on a gradual rise. After watching Barrett Jackson this weekend - (total apples to our oranges I know) but I feel like the collector car hobby is really strong right now.

Bluebottle and LARRYH like this.