Testarossa Price Trends | Page 66 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Those are different markets. What I’ve done is, in fact, present an apples to apples comparison by quoting the same markets from the same time period year over year.

Since these cars are not like stocks where each unit is identical to one another, many adjustments are necessary to get more precision, of which mileage and history are just a couple. This was a back of the napkin calculation, as stated at the outset. But the size difference so far cannot be ignored nor explained away.

Xtreme5053, Shamile and xplodee like this.
  2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The wise parnelli is off the bat less wise than us because he never bought a TR and if the prices increase he wont be so wise at all haha

turbo-joe, blkdiablo33 and Shamile like this.
  3. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I’m presenting facts and analysis. Let’s not get personal.

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I'll disagree slightly. I find the auctions set the tone for the year. I remember whe the prices ran up in 15-16, the auctions set the bar. All of a sudden, there was a run on the models that did well. The Diablo and Testarossa featured prominently.

We'll see over the course of the year if the recent auctions have set the price bar....this time up.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

xplodee likes this.
  5. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Way less than it is worth it!! It was a falling knife reaching zero!!! And now he wants it back and that is why he is pushing the prices lower!!
    Haha I am messing with him, it was fair market value almost a year ago!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Or so he wants to believe haha. You have a nice car!

7. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Actually a great example, he really took care of her
    I will gladly buy another car from him!!

xplodee likes this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    U guys all talk about the market why dont u say what the car was bought/sold for? I paid 82k for my 94 in 2009.

9. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Most of us already have on this thread. I paid $96k for my 28k two owner ‘87 in 2018

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i dont remember how many miles were on mine but i think it has 14k KMs today.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I saw all the cars. The white car, is pretty beat, only thing going for it was color combo. Ill post more info on that one in the specific thread about it. The red 86 was terrible. Oddly enough the yellow one on a quick visual wasnt too bad however first and foremost it was so dirty that the people were drawing on the dirt while it sat. It had high miles, I think 36 or 38K, no mention of services. The interior actually was pretty decent.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I will provide you a real analysis tomorrow . I calibrate anti money laundering platform for a living, I can do that all day in SAS, R or Python - If u were to compare similar examples that would be fair but ignoring that variable and other platforms is not a fair comparison nor does it define a market; solely a subset of it.Again if it is meant to go
    Up, it will be verified like shamile points out by other platforms- plain and simple.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

U did excellent. Ur car is likely with 200-220k because it’s a 94. You bought pre-peak and triple your investment.
    It’s a much harder thing to do nowadays on either model, specially the tr which had 7k units vs 2k for the 512tt. The tr is amazing but I doubt In the near future it will reach countach prices...could be wrong;)

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I did well with my Countach anny as well. Paid 92k the same year - 3k mile car

15. Natkingcolebasket69

U probably did even better on your countach;) I guess we should ask u for advice on what to buy next!

16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I met him over 10 years ago in his tt Gallardo nice guy

17. Natkingcolebasket69

U are nice too! When we meet I want to see the red book in the flesh;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  18. C1C7M

C1C7M Karting

Jun 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You are just now performing a ‘real’ analysis? That is quite the revelation to this audience.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Compared to urs my friend! My goodness u are so silly! Please don’t start playing on words, I would want to believe that you know that a 6 car analysis is not big enough of a sample
    To establish much?Please subscribe to hagerty’s valuation. It’s free. A real Not a skewed one on a small sample...

20. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I think Hagerty just limited how much you can see with a free login. Anyone else notice this?

21. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    But a car still in the wrapper is desirable so someone that invests in cars will buy a 0 mile Testarossa who might not even like them. And those buyers may have come specifically for that car and nothing else. Its just a commodity at that point. B-J auction is not known for getting the dough for Ferrari's. Pimped out 58 corvettes with repop bodies, aftermarket chassis' and special construction titles yes. I would never run my BB through there, I would get hosed.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m including in my later to come today analysis;)

Jay R likes this.
  23. Natkingcolebasket69

All right so I started to work on this...
    Firstly I am attaching the TR asking price index from the Ferrari market letter. You will all notice the prices going down. As far as ask at least.
    I also am attaching the hagerty valuation as well as how they get their numbers.
    Then I went across bonhams, Sotheby’s, eBay, BaT and analyzed quickly each car sold or not. I limited without discrimination my sample to 40 cars and included the BJ cars.
    Please note- and no one talked about it- there is also a car that sold at bonhomme Scottsdale this weekend for 85k, black, classiche certified as per the ad.

The ongoing analysis yielded the following:
    Out of 39 cars for sale 28 recorded a bid - the average mileage is 18k miles for an average price of 100057,1 USD with a major done in the last 2 years.
    From those 28 only 20 sold- average 17505 miles and 101k usd. I was fair and kept the 2 220k car in the analysis... that reinforces my analysis that a good tr with 20k is worth 100k.
    I will continue maintaining the spreadsheet . It’s only for testarossa for now. Will add 512tr later.

Happy mlk!ATTACH=full]2656755[/ATTACH] Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

turbo-joe, Shamile, xplodee and 2 others like this.
  24. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    So if you were to give your own Excellent / Good / Fair valuations, you’d say Excellent = $100k then.....?