488 Replacement | Page 68 | FerrariChat

488 Replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    I agree with you but interiors start to look very very old. They have at least to make major changes in them ;)

Motorwerks likes this.
  2. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    If you are worrying about interior of present V8 mid-engine models, Ferrari will have something for you in Geneva. :)

3. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    In my opinion, terms like facelift and restyling suit better to unibody framed cars, where usually the meanings are "facelift" for body modifications not involving sheetmetals, and "restyling" when there are new or modified sheetmetals.
    On a spaceframe (or tube framed) car this distinction could be misleading, you could have a whole new bodywork without changing the frame and viceversa

Inviato dal mio BAH-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

4. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Interesting read if you would like to understand more about demo cars, prototypes, mulotipi etc.
    https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars/2018/06/26/news/mules_to_prototypes_how_ferrari_s_dreams_become_real-43134/

This quote made me laugh, by the way:
    “We disguise the car on public roads, using a lot of creativity. It’s sometimes amusing to read press reports. For instance, we put a bumper from a different model on a prototype after one had broken, and it was reported as a new design feature!"

Shows how easy it is for rumours and speculation to start and spread.

Caeruleus11, kandi and Doug23 like this.
  5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Dashboard for a road vehicle
    Sep 2, 2016 - Ferrari S.p.A.
    A dashboard for a road vehicle; the dashboard having: a digital screen; and an analog instrument, which is provided with a circular support element and a pointer that moves inside the support element; the analog instrument can be arranged in an operating position, in which the analog instrument overlaps the digital screen so that the support element of the analog instrument covers a corresponding part of said digital screen; and the support element of the analog instrument is opaque and has a plurality of through openings, through which the light generated by the underlying digital screen can come out.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    I like the analogue rev counter in ferraris but I hope we get a dashboard where is no need to move instruments into and out of operating position. And I hope no "overtake" button etc.

7. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    That makes me happy my friend ;)

kandi likes this.
  8. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    If I'm not wrong, few friends whose dealership is Ferrari Dubai, are hearing that the 488 restyling's interior isn't revolutionary; some changes here and there and updated graphics, etc. The real revolutionary should be the Big Brother, whose technology should trickle to other upcoming Ferraris after it. Is anyone hearing the same?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Could be a brilliant solution if properly executed. Thanks for sharing!

10. Thelovelyrock18

Thelovelyrock18 Karting

Feb 15, 2016
    That makes sense to me, I knew that facelift 488 won’t have much different inside, that’s why it’s facelift:(

11. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    No. I cannot confirm or deny. But if dealers saw the car they could say so. Did they say anything about power increase?

12. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    Nothing about power increase, so far. But, just to note they haven't seen the car as of yet so, whatever they're 'hearing' may end up to be completely the other way around. That dealership usually gets private access to new models sometimes 1-2 weeks in Maranello before the actual unveiling, so hopefully they get to know more.

kandi likes this.
  13. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    They still don't know yet, hopefully an access by mid to late February, they're hoping it's a lot different to what they think it would be.

CChung likes this.
  14. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #1689 kandi, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Caeruleus11 and crinoid like this.
  15. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Will the 488 replacement be a Hybrid? I am hoping for a NA Hybrid car. Current once are too expensive. Is the expected release date 2020? If I try to reserve a spot with a dealer now, would it be enough?

16. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Send us some info and pics will you? :p

17. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    How about 760 cv? ;)

18. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Our friend 'ppg70' had the meeting for his Pista spider tailor made at Maranello today. He should have some news to tell us. Please stand by! :D

kandi likes this.
  19. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Can someone reply?

20. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Short term replacement will be turbocharged, no hybrid (current platform doesn't allow it). Real placement (twin-turbo V6 + hybrid) is due in 2021 from what I've read/understood.

21. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    Its still a Turbo? :( . What is the cheapest NA Hybrid sports out there?

22. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Finally back from Maranello but unlikely no any relevant news and specially no photo.
    Since one week the V8 assembly line was closed to any visit.....officialy for “restoration“ but in the reality for assembly the 488 FL

I was at the beginning/end of the assy line two times for 10 min each and there were more than 10 finished pista coupè. all colors and livery including military green, blu, orange and two Piloti in red and blu. In the pipe line a mix of 488 and Pista. So 488 production still ongoing. But they stop me at that point because in the middle of the line they were working on some prototypes.

Btw confirmed Geneva for 488 FL world premiere! But we know it since pag 20 more or less

At first floor, V12 assy line, there are building a new brand and dedicated assy line called LSS (limited special series).....if I remeber well. And I saw something in a strange color like dark green that could be the big brother.....but I repeat “could” because I was faraway and protected by barrier and some security staff.

Finally I complete the config of my Pista Spider and I am very happy with the final results.....wait begins!

23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Any 488 Pista Spiders on the line?

24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  25. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    thanks for the update - any renders of your spider?