What f430 paddles are these? | FerrariChat

What f430 paddles are these?

Discussion in '360/430' started by goto35march, Jan 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
  2. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    They are $700. Go check out Carbonio— their front plate holder is the best thing since power windows.

I’d like to trade somebody my stock carbon fiber 430 Scud paddles for those aftermarket long ones since I track the car mostly.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    After using Carbonio paddles for several years, I do not think I could go back to standard length ones.

whatheheck likes this.
  4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Same here.

5. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    Ok awesome. Thanks boys. I wonder other goodies this car has.

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yup, have them for both my 16M and my Speciale

Sent from my 16M

whatheheck likes this.
  8. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Sorry to hijack this thread. I would like to remove the paddles on my 360 (assuming same as 430?)

I have read conflicting information as to whether the fastening screws are allen head or torx.

If allen head, then I'm covered. If torx, does anyone know the size? I would have to go ahead and order one of those.

Thank you!
    Kevin

9. autowerks9

autowerks9 Formula 3
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2009
    North Wales, Pa.
    Full Name:
    David S.
    The screws are M4 x 12mm. and an Allen drive head. We stock and supply them with our paddles. If you need a set let me know and Ill send you some.

The mount holes on the shifter plate is the same for the F430 and 360 although the arch of the arm are different.

David

whatheheck likes this.
  10. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Agreed... updated the paddles on my 16M and they're WAY easier to find.

11. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Agreed those paddles are amazing I can’t imagine driving the car without them..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you all for the positive feedback on our longer shift paddles. This is a universally loved modification and is not just for people who drive on the track. On the road the advantages are huge. I personally find myself using my pinky fingers a lot for shifts especially in traffic; something that is impossible with the stock paddles.

To answer Kevin's question, the 360 actually uses Phillips (star) headed screws from factory while the 430 and newer cars use a 2.5 mm Allen screw (which we include the tool) to fix the paddles to the column. It is a very easy DIY job and we include comprehensive instructions and offer over the phone help to our customers as needed.

kes7u likes this.
  13. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Interesting. Thank you. So it is a Phillips and NOT a Torx or Allen on the 360? It is amazing the conflicting information that arises from this question!!

Back to the main point. Do these longer paddles interfere at all with any of the other functions around the steering wheel?

Kevin

14. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Another very satisfied Carbonio customer. On my wife's 430 and could never go back to stock.

15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    For whatever reason Ferrari used Phillips on the 360 and Allen on all the subsequent cars.

As for interference there is none. The greater reach offered by the longer paddles makes shifting so much more convenient that it is almost impossible to ever go back to stock.

kes7u likes this.