GTC4Lusso joins my 458 Italia | FerrariChat

GTC4Lusso joins my 458 Italia

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Expat458, Jan 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Expat458

Expat458 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    The Sand Pit
    Full Name:
    Paul Healey
    Makuono, R J, crinoid and 5 others like this.
  2. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Looks great. Would appreciate a write up of what you think of the Lusso versus the 458. I know two different cars for different purposes.

3. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Buddy great combo! Amazing.. congrats. Mabrook as they would say in that "sand pit" .. anyhow post some pics of the interior when you can. I have a TDF blue LussoT on Beige being built. I love Sabbia but had that before and wanted to try something different.

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Beautiful color, congrats!

5. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats OP great stable.....

Not comparable in a write up. Completely different animals. Nothing compares to the V8 sitting right behind you, and nothing compares to the V12 you sit behind. The Lusso ticks every box because I can put 2 car seats in the back. That’s priceless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! This is quite an amazing pair to own!!

7. Expat458

Expat458 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    The Sand Pit
    Full Name:
    Paul Healey
    R J, Caeruleus11, TSOYBELIS and 3 others like this.
  8. bruno787

bruno787 Karting

Nov 1, 2010
    PHILIPPINES
    do you have a spare tire? please post details photos on how it is attached and how the carpet and rear trim looks like.

i attempted to do a retrofit but ferrari italy got confused

9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Enjoy your Lusso. Can’t stop driving mine, I love it. Most likely doesn’t apply to you but the Lusso with winter tyres still comes out when the others dare not!

10. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Very handsome car, congratulations.

11. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
  12. Expat458

Expat458 Karting

Feb 27, 2017
    The Sand Pit
    Full Name:
    Paul Healey
    See your Inbox, sent PM.......

13. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Congratulations, you will enjoy the mix of the 458 and Lusso. I speak from experience on that. I have the same garage just different colors..... and snow tires on the Lusso

cavsct94 and Expat458 like this.
  14. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Ill try to give you a comparison between the two.

The 458 is like a jet fighter for the road. It responses are so quick. You have a great seating position, you can judge the car easily. Bonding with the car is nearly instant and you quickly learn to trust it. So much that the immediate throttle, the way the engine revs, the way the mass is controlled and how it pivots around you, it becomes telepathic. It feels lithe and wants to go. Its also much more stable at high speeds (on highways) than the 430 ever was. Add in the sound of the engine behind you and its pure magic. You have to wind the engine out if you want to keep up with the latest and greatest of today, but with 560hp you still have some firepower! And the car is very friendly in its handling. The 458 is always whispering in your ear: lets go have fun! This is great for any driving that's less than about 2 hours. Everyone will have different tolerance for this, but for me, after a few hours, I am happy to get out of my 458. Of course, I have an exhaust on my car so it could be partly that!

You sit further back in the GTC4- have a look at pics where the drivers seat is from the front wheel compared to the 458- its considerably further back! And your first few miles you will notice this distance. However, with familiarity the car does begin to feel like a natural extension of yourself. Its never quite to the telepathic nature of the 458. Such is the difference between a smaller super sports car and a larger and ~1000lb heavier, super sports GT. However, you also have a nuclear power plant of an engine, that revs to the sky, and those smaller pistons, inherently balanced, rev even faster, and the sound is even sweeter. The steering is quick, any quicker would be too much. But the stiff chassis and RWS mean the car always does what you ask. The car is surprisingly nimble for what it is. And the AWD means you can deploy the power almost whenever you want. So this makes it fun in all seasons (provided you have the proper tires). The car reminds me a lot of when I had an E39 M5. Most don't know what it is, or what to make of it, and thus, don't really react to it. It's supercar fast, yet it's also luxury car comfortable. It really is. The seats are comfortable and have heating and cooling. The sat nav, radio, etc all work and the upgraded stereo sounds amazing. This is a car I could drive for hours and hours.

So there you have it, the very best sports GT out there, and I think the most fun "supercar" out there too. Hard to beat this combination.

cavsct94 and Expat458 like this.
  15. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Beautiful cars! Congrats and enjoy!

16. Bmill

Bmill Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 13, 2011
    California/Minnesota
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Great summary.. I had a E39(and wish I still did) that is a good comparison.

However I almost wet myself of the “ nucular power plant for a engine” comment

E39 ( wish I still did). Good comp

Caeruleus11 likes this.