348 Spider prices | FerrariChat

348 Spider prices

Discussion in '348/355' started by A12pilot, Jan 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hey Gang,

I’m looking to purchase a later year (94-95] 348 Spider this summer after our house is built and been searching here and there for good examples. Plenty out there, but sometimes the prices seem like they’re all over the map for the same condition car. I realize that maintenance history, records, etc., can command a little more since records are Uber important on these. I downloaded the 348 buyers guide and have been paging through that too. Can’t wait to get one, but don’t want to jump on a nice car that is priced way out of line. There’s a nice light blue one on eBay right now, and the price seems reasonable. But why? Shouldn’t that car be more? Is the color a factor? Obviously, this being my first Ferrari, it has to be Rosso Corsa. Any thoughts on the prices out there? I don’t mind a car that needs some work and know that factors into it. Thanks guys!

Cheers
    Dave

2. FerMaz

FerMaz Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2007
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Dave

I have a 348 spyder and love it. I think the best advice I can give you is to have a complete pre purchase investigation including a leak down test. Get a car that has been cared for and is in good condition. Don't take on someone else's problems. They usually are a lot bigger than you might think. Get all the service records showing that what needed to be repaired was repaired and by someone competent to do it. If you get a good car you are going to enjoy it and if you have to spend a little more it is well worth it.

Wade likes this.
  3. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
  4. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Looks nice

5. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Thanks for that reply. Good info. I'll take my time for sure and looking forward to Ferarri ownership shortly! When I find candidates, I'll post up.

Cheers
    Dave

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    when you rhink you found one do a compression and leakdown. I did, not just saying that. Good luck

7. A12pilot

A12pilot Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 11, 2018
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Oh, and Craig. If that 348 is available come late Spring, let’s chat!

Cheers
    Dave

calder1 likes this.