360 - What Do You think of this 360CS? | FerrariChat

360 What Do You think of this 360CS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Feb 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I have officially began my hunt for my next car. Although the 512TR is in the lead, followed by my love hate relationship with the FF, I recently visited SF Sports car and fell a true appreciation for this stradale. It has miles but at least it can be driven, lots of service, full clear bra.
    Not sure what you guys think of it? I think it might be closer to 160k than 180k but lovely example nonetheless.

https://sanfranciscosportscars.com/vehicles/737/2004-ferrari-360-challenge-stradale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Brad is great guy. I bought my CS from him when he was managing the Ferrari of SF store. Just a get a PPI and see what it shows.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

He is really nice! Very professional!

4. Reddesire348

Reddesire348 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    My god try to buy one in Oz...! Two on Carsales at the moment, one at $AUD 495k and the other $AUD 615k.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with jet, just do a ppi. It’s high mileage (for a US car), but that’s not always a bad thing.

You probably know already but this car is not totally stock. It has a fire suppression system, capristo exhaust, had racing harnesses (you can still see the attachment points in the rear wall).

http://challengestradale.com/135061.html

6. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    CS is so much more fun to drive than the TR or FF. Light and responsive. One is a sportscar the others are GT cars. Drive them all and buy what you like the most.I would not let the mileage scare you away. They are not fragile cars.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Thanks for this great link!
    I guess those are the kinds u do drive!
    I’m not sure how much those things dévaluante the car though (if at all), was there any point putting the capristo on those when the stock exhaust is supposedly already so good?

8. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Come on guys you really need to get in touch with reality, 25k works out as a mere 1.6k miles a year! You can drive that in less than a day on a good run!

I know it's Ferrari and blah blah blah but it's hardly high miles, this mileage obsession. You all really need to start enjoying these cars, the most fun of the series.. a crying shame that they are only being kept with enough miles under their wheels to maintain the engine seals from drying out (barely!). You know full power is only achieved out of the engine from 20-25k so all these sub 25k cars will actually drive slower and likely be worse performing !

9. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That’s why I said ‘for a US car’ :)

25k miles / 40k km’s is low mileage in Europe haha

10. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Yep they need to be driven and enjoyed, do not be like some poor soul that never drove his cars and then wend he dies his wife gets to give it away to some one like Wayne Carini just saying

FORZA 62 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    25k, red with strip, and $179k???

I'm calling them, flying out, and buying this!

kes7u, 360trev, docf and 2 others like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

I know another one at that price same mileage

13. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

15. brookliner7

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Putting the clear film on the ENTIRE car was a huge and costly mistake unfortunately...I'm out.

16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Interested to understand rationale and why it's a deal breaker for you? Accident damage I get but PPF?

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Can you elaborate on this? Clear-bra’ing the whole car is the norm in my part of the world.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

I’d say it’s a great thing though

19. brookliner7

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

Seen enough Ferrari's original paint pulled off it and when trying removing film...even with steam/heat.

20. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I believe that would mean the base clear coat on the car has already disintegrated / been worn down too thin and so it would’ve needed a full paint restoration anyways.

I’d be more concerned about plugging all the holes on the car if I wanted to remove the fire suppression system tbh.

Track day inspection also typically requires up-to-date service paperwork on extinguisher fluids etc so could be a tedious annual chore refilling that crap...I don’t even know where to go anymore for that...funny how that becomes a blocker yet cars that have no suppression system are free to enter the track...never made sense to me

21. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    I’m astonished that the 512 or the FF are even in the running with this car. The fire suppression system is a plus in my book and the tri-color pizza stripe is a negative. 25k miles is nothing.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Well the 512 is the most beautiful car ever made to me that’s why, the gg well I got twins and that’s easier for my wife to say yeahhhhhh;) lol

23. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Looks aside, the 512 is a cumbersome GT at best, the CS is a laugh out loud “how is this even street legal?” race car. Two totally different cars. I can’t comment on the FF, it’s a nothing car to me. Probably cool I guess. You are a lucky guy though, enjoy your choice!

24. Natkingcolebasket69

Thanks I come from a TR so I’m used to that family; I just love them. The FF I grew to like but I’ll agree it’s more of a car than a Ferrari;)