Should I restore/refinish these wheels? | FerrariChat

Should I restore/refinish these wheels?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 67bmer, Feb 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I am always wondering if I should restore or preserve. These wheels go to my 30-year-old spyder. They are in original condition. I have heard that we have an excellent wheel restorer nearby.

I recently had a brand new GAHH top installed and the seats repaired. A mouse had done some damage to the bolster in addition to the normal wear. Some of the leather had to be replaced and now the color does not match - which was very upsetting. However, I realized that ALL the leather was faded and it never matched, it just wasn't as noticeable as it is now.

This is the spare which is in good shape and represents the "original" look
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

these are the four wheels that are on the car
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I don't know if I should leave them as is, or have them refinished? I would be curious to hear what others think!

2. wsaarbib

wsaarbib Rookie

Jan 25, 2018
    You can probably touch one. I have done my wire wheels of mexico and they came beautiful. Rgds

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

3. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    I say restore them, it not only looks better, but also helps to protect the wheel as well.

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    71Satisfaction and MrMark like this.
  5. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015