New Ford GT | Page 86 | FerrariChat

New Ford GT

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by atomicskiracer, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #2126 TheMayor, Feb 1, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    So I'm still waiting for you to tell me what advantage it is for Ford GT owners to be forced not to sell their cars for a profit if they want to anytime they want to any way they want to. How does this benefit any consumer? You know... the people who gave Ford $500,000+ for the privilege of being selected or the people who were not and just want to own one before they kick the bucket.

And please show us some other product that benefits the consumer with a similar restriction. Real Estate, stocks, bonds, art, coins, stamps, Star Wars figures.... Pez dispensers?

Please.... enlighten us. We are waiting to be "schooled" by you.

2. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    Point proven. Never change! (except to decaf)

Boomhauer likes this.
  3. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Apparently “free market capitalism” now means selling only on terms approved by Mr. Mayor. Sounds liberating.

TTM647 and Boomhauer like this.
  4. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You can't argue with Ford fanboy DBK Mayor. And I completely agree with you. Ford **** all over the buyers with this "requirement". When 2 years goes by we will see a huge drop in prices in these cars because EVERYONE will put there car up for sale in hopes of gaining that huge profit. (A few won't, of course). So what's the ******** difference other than waiting two years?

5. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

This post is a perfect example of why I quit the Ford GT forum. You truly think you know more than anyone else and your so called "status" with Ford is bandied about to make yourself look important. Flame away I really don't care.

And NO I didn't apply for one. Still think they look like a cross between the old Ford GT and a Lambo so not to my taste. And now they will get their ass handed to them on the track by the Pista, Performante , etc so why bother?

6. SteveA

SteveA Karting

May 21, 2006
    Sandpoint Id
    Full Name:
    Steve Ard
    #2131 SteveA, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019

7. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    #2132 dbk, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    I don't think I know more than anyone else. I periodically point out easily obtainable facts. Example: You "quit" Ford GT Forum, but started a thread on 1/29/2019. That's a debatable example of "quitting."

TheMayor loves to argue; everyone knows this. But he's making straw man arguments that rest on a variety of inaccuracies. It shouldn't be controversial to correct those inaccuracies, nor does it take any special talent or status to do so. The facts are what they are, and they are available to all.

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    first deliveries were April/May 2017, IIRC. so I guess we'll see in a few months how many hit the market.

9. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    There are a handful of cars at the 2 year date already.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  10. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

How many posts have I made on your GT forum in the last year for full disclosure DBK?

11. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark

1 post in 1 Year bub. Check it

12. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Agreed. This will be interesting.

13. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    If I sold you real estate for 75% of FMV and asked you not to resell it for 2 years, would you feel abused?

You beat up your keyboard earlier in this thread about Ford’s decision to sell the GT at MSRP, rather than FMV. You don’t question whether that benefited the buyer, since the answer is obvious.

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    SO explain to me why the free market shouldn't apply to the Ford GT. Why shouldn't Ford charge $1M for it if people want to pay that much for it? Ferrari and McLaren do. Its somehow unethical to let the market decide what is the price of something?

There's some kind or terrible act for making money for making a desirable product? Like and Iphone that costs $1000? We should chastise Apple next? How DARE they!

Every time someone messes with the true value of something, all you do is hurt someone. In this case, Ford decided it should be OWNERS.

I find it incredibly amusing that people who made a lot of money thanks to the free market end up trying to find some way to justify Ford ignoring it and hurting its own best customers in doing so.

15. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    I’m really not sure why anyone even bothers responding to posts.

DIGMAN52 likes this.
  16. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. Lacquer

Lacquer Rookie

Jan 26, 2011
    #2142 Lacquer, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    My take on this. Most publicly traded companies offer stock options at a fixed price to their executives and employees for retention. The stipulation that they cannot cash them in for a period of time is there for them to give value back for the agreement to stay and perform what they applied and were brought on to do for the company. The people that applied for the GT were picked basically because they said they would be good ambassadors for the GT, and in essence would be marketing the car. Ford is selling a special car that is meant to showcase and is not part of their usual sales offerings. This special marketing car could easily go twice what they are asking the selected applicants pay for it, only asking that the applicants do what they agreed to do in their application for two years. After 2 years, do what you want, it is a free market. I just don't see how this would be against anything that is already in our free market.

flat_plane_eddie, SteveA and dbk like this.
  18. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    You’re clearly a Marxist.

GuyIncognito and Boomhauer like this.
  19. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    While not free market capitalism, the offer Ford made to its customers did contain a requirement regarding length of future ownership which the buyers knew before said purchase was made. I think I have this correct. While Fords could have front-ended the huge profits to be made by raising the MSRP or the dealers could become *******s and add an ADM but they decided not to in exchange for the 2 year wait until resale. Maybe Ford misjudged the market or had some other corporate reason for not making their customers over pay? The dog and pony show to get the car is a little annoying but that's their decision too.

It would be hard to believe that the value of the car will drop below MSRP at the two year mark.

20. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    It is my understanding that Ford will buy it back in the two Years at what was paid?

Joe

21. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Ford allocated the cars the way it did precisely to prevent ADMs. Ford knew ADMs would be through the roof. I’m not sure what the values will be in the future, but Ford developed this program with the best of intentions to protect buyers.

Ford has a right of first refusal for the original purchase price.

Despite the nonsensical criticism of some, people should be appreciative that Ford gave those selected a chance to buy this car at MSRP.

22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Oh wow. So let me get this straight. You paid for the car knowing you couldn't not only sell it at a profit, you have to give FORD the ability to buy it back from you so THEY can sell it at a profit. Is that right? And you're good with that?

Talk about bent over with no vaseline...

23. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Not really, but maybe that would improve your mood.

Boomhauer and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  25. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Final Allocations will be made on April 5th!
    Good luck everyone!

Joe

DIGMAN52 and amenasce like this.