Wanted - Driver 308/328/348/355 for Charity Events | FerrariChat

Wanted Driver 308/328/348/355 for Charity Events

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by TGreene, Feb 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TGreene

TGreene Rookie

Feb 29, 2016
    Ventura
    Full Name:
    Trevor Greene
    I am looking for a 308/328/348/355 that has been well maintained and is ready to be driven. High mileage Ok, but must be decently presentable and drive well.

A few years ago I was at a charity fundraiser and the silent auction was made up of muffin baskets, spa day coupons and sports memorabilia. I had the idea that an exotic car for the weekend would be a very effective and fun way to raise money for good causes. After doing research and speaking with event organizers, I decided to make it happen with a 80s/90s Ferrari and I have been lurking and saving since. Now I have cash in hand (as well as a maintenance fund) and am interested in finding the right car - one that can be put to work offering charitable donors a good time in exchange for their hard earned money.

I am looking for a solid driver. The plan is to put it to work, keep it maintained, and make it one of the highest mileage cars around.

I have been browsing and have seen a lot of viable cars either here or on other platforms. I am going to do this either way, but I am making this post to see if there is anyone who might be interested in getting involved by way of selling me a suitable car at below market price with the understanding that it will be raising a lot of money for various charities, including any that this individual might be interested in. (Terms can be worked out)

I know this is unorthodox, but I am serious and want to pursue any avenues that might make this even more of a success. I am in my early 30s, a recent veteran, and am going to graduate school. Again, I can and will make this happen on my own, but if I can get somebody else as excited about this as I am who maybe has a car they were looking at parting with anyway, it would let me hit the ground with more support and more saved for the inevitable repairs.

If this piques anyone's interest, or they know of somebody who might be interested in speaking about my plans, I'd love the chance to talk or even to sit down with them and go over my plans for whatever car I end up with. I am in the outskirts of Los Angeles, and am able to travel within ten hours of the city.

Thank you,

Trevor
    Ventura, CA

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Trevor, cool concept and good on you for doing something unorthodox.

Thank you for your service too. I have a GT4 I'm working on myself, it's a solid car and will be running well soon enough after some work, maybe something like that would work for you, I'll probably drive it sparingly before finding it a new home, and it will be below market.

Either way, good luck with whatever plan ends up coming to fruition!

3. TGreene

TGreene Rookie

Feb 29, 2016
    Ventura
    Full Name:
    Trevor Greene
    Thanks Ken, I am really looking forward to getting this moving. It will be great to help contribute to a lot of the good organizations out there, and to do it with something as pure and fun as a Ferrari. I know I will come across a lot of people who will be looking around for things to bid on, and will be pleasantly surprised to see a 328 GTS parked outside, and a weekend package to take it up to Napa for the weekend open to bidding all in the name of whatever worthy benefit. There are also other ways of putting it to work to raise money that I have in mind. It will be fun to see what works, how well it works, and to keep tabs of what the car is able to achieve.

I don't know much about the GT4. Most of my decision making really focused me in on the cars I have listed. Although they are all stylistically quite different, they are all easily identifiable as Ferrari. I think they will elicit the desired responses from both gear heads and the greater general public. They also all seem relatively easy to maintain (with certain exceptions specific to each chassis), with much of the scheduled maintenance already being documented online, and easy to follow if you have a bit of experience in the garage.

Trevor