Ferrari 0855 Ellena | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 0855 Ellena

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Sep 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thank you - you all have been a great encouragement pushing thru the details....

Yesterday - how long does it take to put in 2 hood latches, cable system and release handle ??

Simple system, complicated hookup scenarios and multiple R&R! 4 hrs later.....and i think i need to
    do one more R&R when i check it over this am!

colombo2cam likes this.
  2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Unless you do this work, one will never, ever, understand the massive hours it takes to do what seems like a simple task.

John Vardanian and BMWairhead like this.
  3. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    i would never tell anyone how long it takes me to do, seemingly, simple things. “You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.”

4. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    And then there is the left-side, right-side rule with these cars. It can take me a few days to assemble something on one side, then the same thing on the opposite side will take a few hours.

john

5. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
  6. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Getting my thoughts together on how to attach the grill......

doing a structural fit....having new slates made, longer so i can trim them etc.....

what is in the car now are the old pieces so i could study the implications and approach.

kandi and colombo2cam like this.
  7. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Tomorrow - laying in the wiring harness to rough in the placement.

colombo2cam likes this.
  8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  9. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Just be careful in the engine compartment. Remember to build a way out. I remember a story when I was a kid about a stem shovel that got stuck in a basement when it worked to hard.

BMWairhead likes this.
  10. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Ed, beautiful work as always. I have four pieces of 8x12 lumber that I use in the same manner as you are using those black blocks. I put them on their sides, that way crawling in and out is easier and I don't have to call out for the honey as many times. ;)

john

11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    great engine
    1 man power :)

12. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    Top work Ed!!! ;)

13. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thanks guys.....

John, yes those block work out well - i bought these for displaying the yenko cars at various shows - race ramps is the manufacture.

14. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Pushing thru the wiring harness - I had a new one made thru Y&Z in california. They did a great job in duplicating my old one.

When i got the car, al the wiring was disconnected from the fuse box and gauges etc....so i had to do a layout in the garage to figure this out.....anyhow here is the restored fuse panel and wires installed...more to come, but everything works as planned!!

Sometimes i amaze myself!

Also - the body side moldings we made a yr ago and fitted to the car and polished - i could not wait, so i installed them yesterday to add a little more to the car!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. clucchini

clucchini Rookie

Aug 7, 2017
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Christian Lucchini
    Ed, The Elena looks amazing! Thanks for sharing her make over with us. She is a Beaty queen!

turbo-joe likes this.
  16. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Chris - thanks for the following the thread......

Lemacc likes this.
  17. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Another update from the this past weekend.....Headliner install!

I sent my orig headliner over to Henk at HVL. He had access to the orig material and having my original headliner available to me i sent that plus the sun visors and the grab handle for him to make new.

Saturday, Sonny our upholstry guy who does all our cars did a house call and i assisted him with the installation of the headliners. I was worried at first as there was a ton of bunching up on the headliner, but Sonny was the master and knew the process to lay it in correctly and stretch it out etc. Im really please with the results, Henk did a great job stitching it up and the sun visors and grab handle were a piece of art as well.

Here are the pics....... Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

colombo2cam and Dave rocks like this.
  18. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #369 enio45, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    The screws for the grab handle are temporary - new ones are out getting chromed. (in case someone with good eyes notice :) )

The headliner will settle out over time and even up as far as the stretch and fit.....we will probably do another heat gun pass and call it a day if there seems to be any imperfections.

As soon as i get my screws back from the chrome shop, ill install the sun visors.
    The rear view mirror is just getting completed - if you recall we made the mirror and i just got around to have the mirror arm shaft made - then out for chrome as well.

Based on what i can see, no reason to NOT install the front glass at this point. This week item to do.

turbo-joe, colombo2cam and Dave rocks like this.
  19. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Ed,

As I want to hate this thread, because I gave up on my Ellena, as it was so difficult to get support.

I keep watching, but there is NO DOUBT 0755 would be a better car today had I not thrown the towel in.

Shawn

20. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Shawn, your contribution to the cause was the tail lights - obviously i restored them :)

This is a hard project for sure - but I'm close - working to be ready for the FCA event here in Phoenix
    early Nov - then to Cavallino in Jan 2020.

Hope to see you at either one....

Dave rocks likes this.
  21. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You just gave me the best reason to attend Cavallino again in 2020 ;)

22. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That dash is magical! Nothing like it :)

23. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    Great job, as always Ed. Where did you end up getting the heater hose?

john