NFL 2019 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    OK, people, it's time to look forward. Paul's sobering up after the big parade, Gronk's got his shirt back on, I'm starting to not give a rat's patootie about Gurley's alleged health issues, and Jerry has another lacky lined up to replace Garrett.

Looking forward to another great year of chatting with y'all about the NFL. And, you heard it hear first, Dak and co. raise the Lombardi next February!

Let the trades, prognostication and arrests begin!

T

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I just watched Inside the NFL. It was a really good end of season show.

Last I saw the Boys were 20-1 to win the SB next year!

3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Tom, Tom, Tom.

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Let's take a look at what Tom said at the start of last years thread.:)

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Picking NE is boring. Which team will be the Cinderella team this year?

6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

I am going out on a limb this time and agreeing with Tom. Dallas wins the Super Bowl February 2020. (*notice I didn't predict anything of the sort the last 2 years).

tomc likes this.
  7. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    America's Team BABY! The Dallas Football Cowboys!

(Flame suit on)

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Better start looking for glass slippers.

Me? Based on what little I saw, I'd say Indy.

9. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think Indy definitely has potential, but I still think they're just shy of going all the way. However, now that Luck has a full year under his belt after all that time away, he could be even better next season.

I think the Chiefs have to be in the running again.

I was talking to one of my "buddies" at the gym yesterday. His son's friend is Bryce Callahan of the Bears. They grew up playing ball together and he was telling me he could see from a young age he knew the kid would likely go all the way. Kinda cool to hear some stories of pro-athletes during their youth.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    OK, Jason, let us parse the NFL 2018 thread opener! :D

OK, SB LII is in the rear view mirror, the riots in Philly are subsiding, etc. Time to look forward -

Jimmy G got huge dosh,... Didn't earn it! TBD.
    does Nick Foles stay content being a backup in Philly, ...still no closure on that, but it is looking like the answer is no.
    Combine & Draft,... is it possible that CLE made a great pick @ QB? I sure thought Baker was going to be a bust
    who's the 1st Cowboy to get arrested ...Terrence Williams :p
    does Roger Goodell have any idea watch a freaking catch is,...No. And let's add DPI & roughing the QB to that list!
    who's Keith picking for SB LIII,...Iggs. And, if they got past the 'aints, I think they might have run the table.

Ah, sweet, closure! :D

T

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Vegas Road Trip!! :D
    T

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hallelujah, Brother Mark! My only question, who's going to be coaching the SB LIV champion Dallas Cowboys?!?
    I think we have the players. Our division will be very tough. I am not sure I have faith in JG to lead us to the promised land.
    T

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If Marlon Mack can play like he did when they first started him. I think this is a good pick from AFC. Pitt is in complete disarray. CLE may be a bit too far away. CIN is hopeless, as is the rest of the AFC East other than Pats. Jax too unless they land a legitimate QB1. HOU has Watson, who I think will be a special QB before it is all said & done. KC can't be discounted, but I reserve judgement until I see what they do on defense. DEN - rebuilding (sorry, Phil). LAC - have to do it, before I believe it. OAK - uh, no. So, long range prediction we're gonna get a replay of the Deflategate game, and it'll be epic! :)

T

14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Judge Chamberlain Haller (aka Paul):

Mr. Gambini (aka Tom), that is a lucid, well thought-out, intelligent objection.

Vinny Gambini (Tom)i:
    Thank you.

Judge Chamberlain Haller (Paul):
    Overruled.

(Apologies to My Cousin Vinny and the secret love of my life, Marisa Tomei.)

15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    LOL. Fred Gwynne was great in that movie.
    Marisa Tomei and I are almost exactly the same age. Both born in Brooklyn. I am going to go out on a limb, she's aged (and is still a lot prettier) than I.

So, Paul, are you overruling Deflategate II next January?!?
    I, for one, would love to hear the non-stop coverage of TB12 and how he likes deflated balls! :D
    Y

16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well if you're from Brooklyn you'll understand when I say, "I gotcha deflated balls right here!" :D

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  17. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I honestly could be happy never hearing the term deflategate or any connection to it ever again. I still can't believe it became an actual thing.

18. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Oh ye of little faith....

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  20. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Just a wild guess from a guy who does not follow the NFL closely, but I'd say a team that has played 10+ years in a pitiful, non-competitive Division and can write in a 6-0 Divisional record before the first kick-off every year and thereby literally guarantee a first round bye would be worth consideration.

nicholasn likes this.
  21. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Go Lions!

I know nothing about football or I wouldn't like the Lions...……….or so I have been told!

22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mark
    aint that the truth....

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Interesting hypothesis. For a long while, Indy (HOU, TEN, JAX) was in a pretty lackluster division, and only caught lightening in a bottle once (SB XLI). Of course, I think the 6 easy games per year helps them, but as a first place team they should be playing the first-place teams in the other AFC divisions. Hmm. As I recall, they've pretty much owned PIT, and whomever from the AFC South, a revolving collection of NFC West teams depending on who was u or down that year. So, certainly, BB & TB12 have benefitted from a weak AFC. But, not to the extent of 6 Lombardi trophies and 9 SB appearances IMO...T

24. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Keith, your "wild guess" is way off. Actually your Steelers play in a weaker division than the Patriots. Here is how the divisions performed when removing the best team in each division from 2000 to 2017 (doesn't include the 2018 season).

"What happens when we remove every season's division winners from each division?

Division W - L - T Win Percentage
    AFC East 395 - 469 - 0 .457
    NFC East 390 - 472 - 2 .451
    NFC South 394 - 501 - 2 .439
    AFC North 368 - 493 - 4 .425
    AFC South 365 - 499 - 0 .422
    AFC West 363 - 501 - 0 .420
    NFC North 361 - 502 - 2 .417
    NFC West 347 - 515 - 4 .401"

So you can see the AFC East teams have done better against all other opponents than the Patriots than any other division teams fared against opponents not their division winner.

The myth of the Patriots playing in a substandard division is just that, a myth. Basically, since 2001, it doesn't matter what division the Patriots are in, the rest of the teams in their division would be sucking wind.

If you really want to see the difference between the Patriots and all other teams, watch the last episode of Inside the NFL (Showtime) and NFL Mic'dUp (NFL Channel).

(Here's my source for the info in italics - https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9vu0yi/the_myth_of_the_easy_afc_east/ , but there are others.)

AceMaster and driller1 like this.
  25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Very interesting stats. That's not an order I would have guessed...T