maserati sebring serie 2 mirrors | FerrariChat

maserati sebring serie 2 mirrors

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Jhoniks, Jan 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    I have a pair of Talbot Mirrors this are damaged, but i don´t know if are the originals for maserati sebring. i see in images of others cars are had mounted a vitaloni model of mirrors.

vitaloni was the correct manufacturer?

kind regards.
    jonathan

2. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Mirrors were not mandatory. Maserati did not install mirrors then, they were installed by dealers, what ever the customer fancied. As long as they're period correct, any sporty mirrors are fine.

3. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    thank you, would have problem if I consider not to place mirrors if at some point present my car in a contest? ... the judges would qualify this? ...

4. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Depending on the jurisdiction of the country in which the car is registered, you will have to install mirrors. Look at some Sebring/3500 GT/Mistral or Quattroporte pictures: (here pictures of about 450 different ones: https://tipo107.com/Maserati107/Welcome.html ) and take your pick. You can spend hours studying it... turn it into a science. German cars, for instance, often had Talbot, Berlin, mirrors. If your car was first registered in the US, you might want an American brand etc. Good luck chasing the appropriate mirror on ebay or swapmeets.

5. Jhoniks

Jhoniks Karting

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    jonathan
    thanks Alfieri, about the jurisdiction, the car was sales in a italian dealer firts one, you know a italian mirror brand to considerer.

6. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Hmm. In Italy at the time, hardly anybody fitted mirrors (it was definitely not mandatory). So often they were fitted later, when there was more (autostrada) traffic, in which mirrors were quite helpful. Maybe you'll find something on ebay.it:
    https://www.ebay.it/sch/Specchietti-esterni/36682/i.html?_sop=3&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_nkw=specchietto+d%27epoca&LH_PrefLoc=2