Wanted - Pearl Vision Backup camera | FerrariChat

Wanted Pearl Vision Backup camera

Discussion in 'Other Parts & Collectibles' started by Flyingbrick242, Feb 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Hey Guys,

I am looking for this back up camera system from my research it as awesome reviews unfortunately the company went out of business shortly after opening the doors.
    If any of you have one in good shape and working and may consider selling it pls give me a shout..
    Thanks, K//

2. vipertestarossa

vipertestarossa Karting

Aug 3, 2004
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ron
  3. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Hey Ron,

Thanks for reaching out...!

Kaspar

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    They were bought by American road safety you can still buy them, now they are cheaper.

Flyingbrick242 likes this.
  5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Hi, I just bought one from them directly. Www.pearlauto.com. $299

Flyingbrick242 likes this.
  6. Flyingbrick242

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    It’s good to know this awesome product is now available for all to enjoy...!
    It sure seems to be head and shoulders when compared to other options....clean, simple install and very effective at giving the driver a full perspective when backing up.

Maybe for another thread...would love to hear feedback on its behavouir in our F cars...
    I will be receiving my unit the end of this week coming...
    My only concern is it’s permanent residence within the OBD port...if it’s only utilizing this location for power up we have other options..
    I will know more when I see the pins within the obd connector from pearl.
    Thanks for the feedback so far..
    K//

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Pearl was your typical Silcone Valley VC joke/failure. A bunch of ex Apple people arrogantly thinking they could do no wrong burning through $50 million in start up capital and employing over 80 people to create a reverse camera that cost $500 (when competitors can be had for $50). You would think that the owners would take note when EVERY person who hears the price gets a shock and instantly loses interest. When they shut their doors they cited the typical BS but in reality they had no clue of the market they were getting into and would not listen to experienced people who tried to steer them straight.

8. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    No problem. I just received mine and we can compare notes once I install it.

9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I remember reading about them and thought "Perfect, just what I need" then I saw the price. Closed the browser window!

Nuvolari likes this.
  10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I bought mine when they were offering them at $399, I used it for a about a month (in my 4C) and once I got to know the car I took it off.

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I think it uses the port for more than power, it activates the camera when you go into reverse.

Graz likes this.