Speciale has a new Roommate!! | FerrariChat

Speciale has a new Roommate!!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MuratC, Feb 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    So my lonely Speciale has a new roommate:) After finalizing my Pista order in November, I received the car yesterday from my dealer on a rainy day. So it was rather a quick delivery just about in 3 months.

First of all, I really liked what I ordered in terms ext. color and interior finish. My only regret is I wished to have more bluish stripes but the ones I've got are really quite dark, almost black without the sun. Anyway not a huge deal.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I must say that I was having doubts of ordering Charcoal Alcantara but when I saw it in person, it really looked quite nice with the blue stripes

It was quite nice this morning, sunny but bitter cold. So I took it out for a drive on some remote highways and twisty roads. First of all I must say that the sound is quite nice. As the revs go up it becomes much better. Of course, it is much more civilized and tame compared to Speciale making this car much more bearable on longer distances. Of course my Speciale with its Inconel Novitec exhaust system and 200cel cats has crazy sound but becomes quite tiring very fast.

Since I am a believer of breaking in the car, I was careful of not exceeding 5000rpm, so I really can not judge its amazing performance abilities. But I can say that acceleration is very easy and effortless. The ride and steering is quite easy and comfortable. 4-point harness is not very easy to use, hard to get in and out and a pain at toll booths. So, I'd recommend skipping it unless you plan to do some track time..

I didn't get any radio/nav system so I tried my cheapo JBL solution as well ;) I paired 2 Flip 3 speakers and ran them in stereo with my iPhone. Actually, they sounded very nice behind the seats and it eas great sound for 140bucks :D Of course beyond 4-5000 rpm the interior gets very noisy and I don't think any real stereo system will also sound nice when you are really pushing it.

The only thing I didn't like is the rear view camera. Maybe something is wrong with it (have to ask dealer) It just has a crazy low ultra wide angle which is quite useless.

After 40min of driving I returned back and tried to make some photos next to my Speciale. I must say that my 5 year old beast still LOOKS GREAT...

Camelot, DRPM, crinoid and 47 others like this.
  2. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Absolutely stunning cars! Love the spec. Congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health!!

JagShergill and MuratC like this.
  3. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Can't say it any better. Hope the weather clears up soon, so you can drive your fine machines...T

MuratC likes this.
  5. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo
    Gorgeous cars! Sorry to sound naive, but are you running the same plate on both cars? 34 MRC? Do the spaces count as characters?

MuratC likes this.
  6. Gofastr

Gofastr Karting

Jan 7, 2019
    MuratC likes this.
  7. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    Amazing combo congrats

MuratC likes this.
  8. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Congrats MyFriend!!

Stunning spec....super!! and amazing stable....bravo!

9. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Thank You... I erased the last two numbers on the plates when processing the photos. I guess I did it too well in Photoshop :D

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  10. Outrageous. Well done, sir.

Love to hear a driving report on a comparison between the Pista and Speciale.

MuratC likes this.
  11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations, beautiful cars! Thanks for the initial impressions!

12. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo

lol nice photoshop! I thought Turkey allowed spacing between the 34 and MRC for each car. Love the near-matching specs. Question now is.... How do you decide which to take every morning? Might I suggest a coin flip.

Heads for the Speciale, Tails for the Pista? lol

MuratC likes this.
  13. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A remarkable pair! Congratulations and enjoy!

MuratC likes this.
  14. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A beautiful sight to behold two of the finest- very nice and enjoy!

MuratC likes this.
  15. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    First, I congrats!

I would to hear the comparison between the Pista and the Speciale also.

MuratC likes this.
  16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Very cool pair. Is the Pista taller in the back or is that just the angle of the photo?

MuratC likes this.
  17. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Is that a "standard silver", argento nurburgring, or titanio? In any case gorgeous car/combo, love the specs. Enjoy in good health!

MuratC likes this.
  18. Redrrari

Redrrari Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Florida
    Great looking car. Congrats!

MuratC likes this.
  19. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    It is usually first, 2 numbers/space/3 letters/space/2 numbers. As for deciding which one to drive, it won't be difficult to choose. I will be driving the Pista for the next 2 months or so, so I can finish the break-in period and get it ready for tracking :)

I still have to wait for the break-in and get some decent weather to truly test it on track. Unfortunately, that's at least another 2 months :mad:

It could be the angle of the shots but of course the Speciale is lowered by an inch or so

Thank You... Speciale is Titanio, Pista is Argento

20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

So happy for you bro , they are both stunning. Safe travels man and all the best, Kirk.

MuratC likes this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Congrats. Beautiful. Amazing how similar both cars look. I really can't decide if one looks better than the other.

MuratC likes this.
  22. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Great side by side shots. Could you possibly get a shot of the 2 'nose to tail' (and nose to nose while you're at it). Thanks

MuratC likes this.
  23. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Thanks. I will try but not any time soon. Too much travelling in these months :(

24. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    Very nice cars

25. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    WOW!!!! Just WOW! Congrats, enjoy them

Just out of curiosity, and I assume you need more seat time. But is the Pista lacking in sound and emotion due to being turbo?