1st Real Drive in My Testarossa: Impressions | Page 4 | FerrariChat

1st Real Drive in My Testarossa: Impressions

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Anymac, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The factory actually made those too and came on European delivery US cars. We had to remove them when the car came to the USA but we had to surrender them to Ferrari.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Great story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #79 Steve Magnusson, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Pics of the F factory precat bypass pipes 142166 and 142167 that Brian mentioned:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

IIRC, I bought this set from T. Rutlands circa 2005 (and sold them to a fellow FChatter some years ago), but don't know if you could still get them. They are "wrap insulated" in the same manner as the stock headers.

Side note: Bit of a technical error for Tubi to put a thermocouple fitting on their precat bypass pipes -- doesn't hurt anything, but not needed, and the thermocouples should be mounted in the fittings at the cat outlets if using precat bypass pipes. Also, the exhaust sampling port should still be there like on 142166 and 142167.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

6. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Cool, where can you get them now?

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Eurospares.co.uk for like 1k or custom made by a shop which will be cheaper.

xplodee and MOSS like this.
  8. 53ford

53ford Karting

Nov 13, 2009
    I think I got my pre cat bypasses from hyper flow. Its been a few years though...could be wrong. I do remember they were pricey.

9. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    The right is almost 700 and the left is 2600!!

10. Natkingcolebasket69

U must not be looking at the tubi ones, the pair is like 1100 for 2.

xplodee likes this.
  11. carnut360

carnut360 Rookie

Oct 13, 2011
    near brighton
    Full Name:
    steve b
    I have a 512TR which i think is the best of the breed,(obvioulsy biased), and i hear what you say about oversteer, which was why i chose the TR, however talking to a couple of people in the UK who have Testarossa with TR wheels, that helps alot, probably because of the lower profile on the tyres, also i have a stainless steel exhaust fitted, and the sound in my opinion is only bettered by the 250LM, as a flat 12 on song is just like music...ie i have never used the radio/cd system in the car...I think those two modifications could be relativly cheap and give you a much better driving experience, but hey, you do have one of THE most iconic ferrari's ever..so its all relative, just enjoy it looks if fantastic condition..Steve

Anymac and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  12. Anymac

Anymac Karting

Jul 27, 2015
    What exhaust do you have?