2018-2019 NHL Thread | Page 10 | FerrariChat

2018-2019 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by AceMaster, Aug 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    I dunno Mayor. But Randy Carlyle is the salt of the earth. I suspect that is what took so long.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As is usually the case, I pay little attention to hockey until after the Super Bowl. I'm glad to see my Islanders playing so well, since they've been in the habit of starting well, then fading and missing the playoffs. They'd have to "fade" an awful lot to miss them this year! Let's just see how far they can go.

I've also become a bit of a fan for the Canadian teams collectively, since I have long-suffering friends in Ontario. After all, hockey is more important to the average Canadian than the average American, and it's been over a quarter-century since a Canadian team has hoisted the Stanley Cup. So it's good to see four Canadian teams firmly in the playoff standings, and another one (Vancouver) not far from a playoff spot.

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My thoughts exactly.

4. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mike. Are you in The Show now?

5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No sir

6. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  7. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
  8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ovechkin gets to 40 goals tonight. What a beast

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Add 2 more for Ovie, now he’s at 42.

I think he will get 54-55 goals this year

10. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Go Knights go!

11. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  12. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I am a huge freaking fan of Ovechkin. Cried like a damn baby when he grabbed that cup. I do not recall seeing anyone (in person) else score the way he does.

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’m not a Caps fan but I am a huge Ovie, Backstrom, and Kuzie fan. I was very happy for them when they finally won the Cup

14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Backstrom is arguably the most under-rated NHLer of the past 5+ years. Trade deadline Monday afternoon boys.

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Keith, as usual you are spot on. He doesn’t get enough credit. And the reason is because he isn’t Canadian first, and American second.

16. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thank you very much indeed, Mike. I wish I had this kind of respect over on the NFL threads, where Philly fans seem to have some kind of perplexing. bewildering and totally undeserved reputation for ungentlemanly behaviour.

17. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Good evening, colleagues. Seldom I fall ill, however if I had to have a bout of flu it would be this weekend. Broadcast this weekend were a couple NHL tilts Friday night, FIVE great games yesterday, and three today! Several into overtime and I think you will agree the level of competition has def. picked up. The trade deadline 3 PM EST tomorrow has hastened the pace. I'm loving the viewing - nbcsn, nhl-n, fox sports detroit, and cbc (off roof-top old school antenna clear as a bell!). :) I still have some gas, but in a minute the St. Louis Blues at Minnie Wild game begins on nbcsn.

18. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Gritty victory by Minny, Neal. I'll be watching the marathon speculation on TSN tomorrow. I would be very happy to see Wayne Simmonds in Carolina.

19. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Yes, GOOD game!

Las Vegas GK just got Mark Stone from Ottawa ;)

Simmonds to exactly the team that needed spark - Nashville.

20. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    That Stone trade plus his long term deal great news for VGK. They need some scoring punch and Stone instantly their top scorer. Simmonds back with Lavy and Preds fans are gonna notice. CBJ really bulked up. Canes did exactly nothing again. Two straight years of Ron Francis afraid to make any deal and missed play-offs. And now again. I like keeping Ferland but Canes have great defence depth and Toronto wanted a right hand shot defencemen...could have been Hamilton or Faulk for a much needed GOAL SCORER. Canes media and fans all would up about their 18-6 record since New Years but that is mostly against bad teams. The big surprise for me - unless I missed something late - was the Pens and Jimmy Rutherford failing to make a big deal.

21. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Work has kept me busy sadly putting me out of this thread and also away from seeing some home games.

Overall thoughts: Happy with the Leafs play to date but not a Stanley Cup winning play. Sadly we are also not a team known for turning it up a notch in the post season. Tampa Bay is simply on fire. Washington is humming along...no presidents cup needed or they don't win the cup. Where the hell did Calgary come from?! No other surprises with the top teams from my eyes.

On the negative side Edmonton simply can't produce at all. Terrible to watch this "rebuild" and McDavid can only do this so long. The Cali teams are not what I expected at all as we start drawing to a close. Has Philly found a goalie in the young Canadian?

22. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Cannot disagree at all with Stone. I wanted him in a Jets logo since he is a Manitoba boy and I think it would have added a notch more emotion. Blue Jackets certainly bulked up with Duchene. Not a lot of moves by Calgary considering the spot they are in. Maple Leafs did about as much as the Canes did if that helps!

It's almost that time ladies and gentlemen!

23. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Pens did acquire a big hulking D-man from the Blues. Tranna needed a right shot D-man and the Canes had two they were interested in. Canes needed a scorer. Tamas...Flyers find a goalie? I wish.

24. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  25. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC