Ranger 7000 Quik Jack | FerrariChat

Ranger 7000 Quik Jack

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by dersark_painclinic, Feb 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dersark_painclinic

dersark_painclinic Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Any experience with Ranger Quick Jack 7000?
    This is the only low / midsize lift in the market that accommodate the length of lifting points of 550 Marranelo as 65 inches apart. It is 7000 pounds and $ 999 at Costco.

https://www.quickjack.com/about-quickjack.html

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Depends on how much garage space you have and how low your car is. It also depends on how healthy you are.. These ramps devices are really heavy (watch your back... even if you only have to lift one end of a ramp off the ground).

Here are some views on the 5000 in relation to the F355...

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/oil-change-with-quickjack-lift.593349/

Read the instructions carefully (also, watch the videos on YouTube). When letting the car down, open the valve very slowly.

3. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Hello Ian, there are 5 different models 3500/5000/7000 pounds lifters. only 7000 EXT and 5000 EXT which accommodates the lift point distances on 550 Ferrari ,
    I watched several videos all together is 200 pounds including the motor. Lower the car you just have to press lowering button on remote controller there is no valve to open slowly. Reviewing the threads commented by others, with 550 you do not have the option of raising the care with floor jack and find a place to put the jack stand for support like rear engine Ferrari's. I bileave this product is either made by bend pack or marketed by them, Parts are available by them. Using this in tight garages is ideal.
    The Costco price is great.

4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I probably should have said fast button push and releases. The car goes down really fast if you hold the button.

It really is the same with the F355. There is no room to put a floor jack and the 5000 (at least not at the side of the car). The jack goes almost from tyre to tyre. There are only a few inches clearance at either side.

I guess there are tight garages and then there are really tight garages. Because there are wheels only at one end of the jacks, and they are not castored, they are difficult to manoeuvre. You basically have to lay them next to the car and push sideways on them with your whole body weight. That's ok if your garage floor has a shiny, low friction surface. The jacks are heavy and if you're pushing them on bare high friction concrete, it's difficult to get sufficient leverage if you don't have enough garage space.

5. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    My garage does not have a shiny low friction finished and I had no issues sliding the Jack's under the car to adjust position. I did do lot of adjusting the first time I used it, to get it just right
    As for using your whole body weight to slide it? Perhaps if you only weigh 75 pounds. I found them very easy to move around with the wheels on the one end, and also not that heavy to just lift up and move by picking it up in the middle.

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    The guy who delivered them refused to lift them alone. I guess it's easier for some than others...

Specs for the 7000: Individual frame weight - 96 lbs / 44 kg
    With the Quick Jacks laid alongside the car, I have less than a foot to the walls of my garage. Just saying... worst case scenario.

7. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    I just found out Costco sales only the 5000 series not the 7000

8. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

That is correct. There are two ongoing threads currently in the detailing section I believe. I have the 5000 series and it is the cats Pajama's on my 308. After some practice I can connect lines and have the car in the air in fifteen minutes.

9. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    FWIW, I purchased the 7000 model about two years ago for use on my 360. I found that the gas cylinders needed to be refreshed from time to time with my tire air pump. Otherwise, it is a remarkably robust device, and when the 360 is at the limit of travel -- approximately 2 feet above floor, the car does not rock at all. It does provide a significant sense of safety for me.

I have also used it to lift a MB ML-320 SUV.. As with the 360, I found that it too was remarkably stable 24 inches above ground.

As for dropping the car from maximum lift, I would first unset the safety bars, and then slowly use the down control in an off and on routine. This was a compromise to just dropping the vehicle in a single motion.

The frames are heavy, no doubt about that. I would typically sit on my but and move the frames with my feet. They are really heavy to lift on one end and move around. The tiny wheels on one end are virtually useless if one raises one end and tries to maneuver the frames in position this way. Ideally, I would like to come up with new wheels that would make them better functioning, but to date I have not taken any steps in this regard.

I bought the frames from the manufacturer.

Qavion likes this.
  10. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I found the rubber pads that come with the lift are no good so I use hockey pugs the work much better

11. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    I just recieved my 7000EXT very heavy. The pads appear very solid, but hockey pugs have much shorter high than the fram height, I will come back with more information on mine.

Qavion likes this.
  12. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    Yes I know you have to stack them up as high as you want you can fill the tray with them so your line up with the car frame is not so critical,the are only $1.00 here in Canada