New Jersey Motorsports Park | FerrariChat

New Jersey Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dm_n_stuff, Jul 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#1 dm_n_stuff, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    How the hell did I miss this one for so long?

Seems like a dream come true. Not too much money, great location, and, unlike most of these projects, they have a history of success and are already breaking ground.

www.njmotorsportspark.com

Is anyone else here signed up?

Dave M.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ctkellett

ctkellett Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Havertown PA
    Full Name:
    Chris K.
    No yet, but flying under the radar on this was part of the plan. They learned a ton building VIR.

3. JohnnyDents

JohnnyDents Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2007
    philadelphia
    looks nice!!!!
    8 tracks for karting!

4. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I do't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm in.

What better place for us to thrash our cars about without worrying about anything other than smacking a wall. :D

Much rather learn and hone my skills there than by trying to keep up with Jon on 926.

I'm all signed up, application is in, deposit money sent, just waiting to get my invitation to the ground breaking in September.

Dave M.

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Too rich for my blood....

6. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I wonder if we can bring friends, like when I used to go to the pool as a kid and could bring someone for a couple extra bucks guest fee.

Still, would be cool to have a FerrariChat day at the track.

I'm gonna email the guy and see what the deal is on rental of the track, when completed) and on guests, etc.

DM

7. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    I have been "tracking" the progress of this project for two years. we have hosted the key members of this project in our monthly Porsche club meetings twice most recently two weeks ago. It is going to be a fabulous facility and sooooooo close we could go down to a track event and come home the same day!!! Very different than my usual four day excursion to VIR or Summit Point. We have made a reservation for a weekend track event and a weekday track event already. The head of operations is going to be at the August 18th dyno day running his Cobra R track mustang. You can ask him all the question then. Cant wait until next summer!!! Jon in Delaware

PS Dave if you find out you can bring a friend for a members track day I would like to apply for the position of "Friend" please.

8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Yes this is a old tread but I am thinking about buying a nice gearshift Cayman and joining the drivers club, they even have senior discounts.

9. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Sad part is no more drags. They make more parking cars.

10. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Funny, looking at the original sketch that was posted above, that is not what the layout is now (two separate tracks instead of one interconnected). They have two nice separate road courses. I race formula cars there and love both tracks :)

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I went to look at a gearshift 718 Cayman yesterday, and made an offer. I know that a PDK car would be faster but this is not about that for me, it is about engagement. I will need to make some changes to the car, but I am joining the drivers club, as a senior (one advantage to getting older) next week.

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I put in my application yesterday, I did not realize I would need to be approved by a committee. I have never belonged to anything before so this is new to me.

13. cayman13

cayman13 Karting

Nov 18, 2014
    Very cool. I have a 718 with gearshift and would love to know what changes you are making to the car. I have been thinking of it as well. Best,

14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am pulling the ECU today, needs to be unlocked before it can be tuned, I should have around GTS (with 93 octane) power after everything is installed, downpipe and exhaust, smaller (my cars came with 20's) lightweight wheels and different tires I like the RE70's. Also new pedals I don't like rubber covered ones, and a short shift kit, I have a Numeric in one of my 911's, but I will probably go with the OEM unit for this car. And of course a sprint booster throttle controller, since I hate drive by wire delay.

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I probably should have asked you if you care about warranty, which mean nothing to me. My cars almost never see the dealer again (some exceptions like my Ferrari's), since most dealers service area are not used to cars that have been modified. If you want to preserve your warranty, then I would stick with bolt on stuff like a downpipe and exhaust, the throttle controller will help reduce the feel of both the drive by wire and the turbo lag. Short shifts kits and changing pedals is a personal choice, and if you go catless and do what I suggested above, you will feel a significant difference in the car, get better sound and keep your warranty in force.