Mousehair stock material | FerrariChat

Mousehair stock material

Discussion in '308/328' started by yelcab, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I recently found that World Upholstery can sell the Ferrari mousehair fabric for the rear deck in a meter stock.... at an eye watering price. A meter is enough to do 3 or more vehicles rear decks and I only need enough for 1. Is there anybody that is willing to share the piece if I bought it?

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Perhaps you should try asking these guys, just in case, before opening your wallet; don't know if they have it, but definitively worth a try.

https://www.interniautomaieli.com/it/materiali.html

Rgds

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Denny at allferrariparts.com also used to offer it. Denny has retired, but the company goes on. Might contact them as well.

I bought material from world upholstery and didn't like it. Make sure to get a sample swatch before you buy.

D

4. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Someone from here did the mousehair on his dashboard and came out really nice, I just couldn’t find the pics.

5. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    If you are speaking of the mouse hair as used on dashes in the early 70's I'd never put it in anything it didn't come in OE. It fades pretty badly and it not terribly durable.

6. Michael Call

Michael Call Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2008
    S.L.C. Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D. Call
    Mousehair?? That material was only used on the dash of Daytona, 365 GTC/4, 365 GT4 2+2 and Dino. Lamborghini and Maserati also used "mousehair" in the period. 308 didn't have mousehair

Rifledriver likes this.
  7. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    forget that junky stuff im doing mine in leather the way should be Ferrari oem material no good gets much much dirty no possible way keep clean

8. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Maybe... can you post a sample pic of the material pls? Also PM me for price

9. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
  10. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
  11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    At the adress I gave to you in my first answer above; it is the famous "Zegna" cloth. The guys above in Italy, at Interni Auto Maieli had it at a very reasonable price; they still had some last year; I would get in touch with them first and foremost.

Rgds

12. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Asking around about the Zegna material used around 328 rear windows would be a start. Assigning it a name used to describe mousehair looking material used in the early 70's is bound to cause confusion.

13. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Or ask Matt at Reoriginals.

14. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    yelcab, here's some comments from an old thread regarding the hard to find Zenga fabric. It's the EXACT material used by Ferrari. Hope this helps.

15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes, absolutely: the "Zegna" cloth". It is the same "Zegna" than the one of the suits, i.e, "Ermenegildo Zegna"; I think I lifted the enclosed pic from this forum, but there were others like that at the beginning of the eighties
    As you wrote, "mousehair" is a completly different thing, that is found on the dashboard of Dinos, etc...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    "Zegna", not "Zenga" as in "Ermenegildo Zegna", the tailor...that made suits. And the adress in the thread above is indeed "Interni Auto Maieli" in Italy...they still had some last year.

Rgds

Rosey likes this.
  17. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I just contacted Mario. Merci beaucoup mon ami. Je vais a Paris cette ete'. J'espere vous voir.

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    With great pleasure...

(the Zegna cloth was really not that expensive, ,even "affordable" I would say; I hope they still have some in stock)

Rgds

19. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Their website is terrible... what's the point if they only post pictures and no info...

20. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand

It is not really cheap Bruno. But some sell it by and make x2 with the price !

Maieli stil have stock few month ago. I bought it on end of 2018 from them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks for the spell check. Passing through Paris next month but only for a day. Wish I had time to chat with you but I’m on a tour with a tight schedule. Eventually making our way to Israel and Jordan. Cheers nerofer.

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, who knows, Mark? Perhaps you'll get an hour or two, and I'll be there on that day. Just P.M me, just in case...
    Rgds

Thomas Magnum likes this.
  23. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Yes the black material is available as someone ordered. The Zegna BEIGE material was the color most commonly used in 308's, what the OP is searching for, and has been NLA for quite some time now.

24. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I'd be tempted to do it all in leather as was optional from Ferrari.

waymar likes this.
  25. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I've redone the rear in black vinyl that (pretty much) matches the dash material... Some like it, some felt it's too non-OEM. Personally I'm happy with it. Far better than the ripped and stained tweed I pulled off.