812 Allocations | Page 3 | FerrariChat

812 Allocations

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by TNF, Jan 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    In the Ferrari world its quite ok to get bumped around for a few months but if it get much longer I would get stern with them.

2. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    It might get harder as the production shifts to the spider.

I basically agree. It can take a few months for them to approve your order. I'm sure the dealer would love to sell you the car ASAP so just stay in touch and see what happens. I am sure it will work out in the end.

KenU likes this.
  3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Do you have any special order options on your 812? If so that is most often the reason for a delay. All special order options need to be approved by the factory before the order can officially proceed. Also Even after the factory approves your special order your dealer needs to have an open allocation waiting to use for your order.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm thinking it has a lot to do with your relationship with the dealer paired with the dealers's allocations.

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Personally believe the 812 will see increased flipping. It was another instantly 'sold out' car when released as the hype was possible last of the unassisted NA V12's and also the demand from dealers to buy one to get the Pista and rumored VS (which is the goal of many 812 orders). Its unfortunate but I don't believe it will be the keeper enthusiasts like to see such a car become. Hope I am proven wrong but don't think so.

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    812 will depreciate like most Ferrari front engined V12's

Caeruleus11 and BaronM69 like this.
  7. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    It's just as much of a keeper than a 550 or 575m are.
    It's a Ferrari, it is a very good car, it looks great.
    Whoever buys a standard Ferrari thinking they will make money off of it is a fool.
    There used to be a time where people were buying Ferraris to enjoy them.

Makuono, KenU, Solid State and 4 others like this.
  8. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    The 812 may not be a “keeper” in a near-term financial sense, but it’s definitely a keeper for me emotionally. Best car I’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makuono, junc, tfazio and 9 others like this.
  9. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    If you buy it to keep, drive, and enjoy, and never sell, market value is meaningless. The only value that is important is intrinsic value.

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Keep in mind my post above only addresses member RJ post: "Hope owners are holding / will hold on to their cars. Always find it a little upsetting when they get traded so quickly after delivery".

In this regard, I offered the observation that many posted here that their purchase was specifically for VS and Pista allocations with desire to immediately flip for the new allocations when available. This was higher than usual due to those chasing the potential for Ferrari's mega desired last non-assisted NA V12 and the self hugely hyped Pista.

Completely agree about subsequent posts of intrinsic value and depreciation. For those who purchase like the rest of us, to own and drive, it is a fantastic car that owners will love and be quite proud.

BaronM69, ajr550, R J and 1 other person like this.
  11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe

Different car but my CaiiTHS also got accepted and it goes into 10G status, then it got bumped 4 months not due to the dealer but due to the 70th cars that were being produced ahead. Now my LussoT is already been in the system for a few months and got bumped a month and it might go another, who knows. They say certain production months and days but sometimes things just move around.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Im sorry... you said it will depreciate like all front engine v12... I think you mean like all new cars... including all ferraris.

Makuono likes this.
  13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Where can you mind an 812 for 50k behind sticker... now if it has 40k worth of paint options and nonsense then that doesnt count.

Shouw me a 420k MSRP car with 500 miles for sale for 370 and ill write a check right now for it. You can negotiate whatever you want below that and keep the rest

14. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
    Thank you for sharing your experience.

This makes me feel better about what is happening to me.

I always feel like my dealer is making excuses. But I see now that these delays sometimes happen and are truly out of their control.

Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I'm repeating a deal someone got on a high sticker car True low sticker cars don't have much room but wait soon they will have especially when the spider is announced

16. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Well said. Honestly, Ferrari dealers deal with a lot of suboptimal **** rolling downhill. It’s easy to want to shoot the messenger.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The Ferrari process can be maddening at times. Stay in touch with the dealer and to some extent go with the flow. I think you will end up happy. :)

Bundy likes this.
  18. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    What is the consensuses?
    Is it possible for a first time Ferrari buyer to get an allocation for 812 if waiting long periods of time is not an issue? What if the buyer is ok to spend on Tailor Made and other expensive options?

19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    It is going to depend on your dealer and your dealers relationship. Also, it will depend on how man other customers want tailor made appointments. I think the dealer only gets 3 appointments a year. So they really have to maximize the appointments

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. JasonN

JasonN Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason

21. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    To your first part, I think the answer is yes. If you can wait and if you can avoid feeling upset when others get 812s from this dealer before you. To the second part, I think they try to keep Tailor Made to clients they already have a relationship with, especially repeat clients. Of course, anything is possible. If you want to get a bit more assurance you will get that 812, you may wish to consider buying a pre owned V12 model such as F12. That might also help with getting the Tailor Made appointment.

gowthamn likes this.