New Additions to our boat... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Additions to our boat...

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by SCFerrari, Feb 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikesufka

mikesufka F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2006
    Crosslake, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike Sufka
    Rob -

Great story and project. Please keep us posted. Congratulations to you and your success.

MDS

ronfrohock and SCFerrari like this.
  2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  3. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Sure.. thanks for asking,

Picking out replacement carpet for the boat - looks like we are going with Fabrica 'Chez' - same oatmeal white color as existing... trying to get that ordered and installed in a couple of weeks.

Tender - As usual, every couple of days I find another boat brand to focus in on and evaluate. I was almost ready to buy the Nor- Tech and order it like we want it, but they took a long time to get a price back with Yamaha power in lieu of Mercurys and meanwhile we went and looked at some alternative boats that we won't have to wait 4 months for.. So now it's down to a new 34 Nor-tech, a 36 Pursuit, a 32 Boston Whaler or a 35 Scout.. I still think it's more fun looking for boats like this than actually buying one..

Bar Project - They've taken up the teak decking on the Lido deck and starting to cut the supports for the previous bar off tomorrow. It's going as scheduled. By the end of this coming week, we will have the new support for the bar in place and they will start putting Teak back... Meanwhile, the new floor plate base for the bar is being water-jetted, the bar stools are being made, the bar stool supports are being made, the bar itself is being made, and the tops are being fabricated. Appliances are on the way.. All of this will take a few weeks to come together, but everything is in the works.

Audio/video - The Kalaidascape Movie server is ordered, the Crestron equipment is ordered, the new outdoor movie projector and screen are all on the way, new Mid=Atlantic rack is installed, Speakers being built at James, Subwoofers delivered, wires are all being finished up.. boat is a mess with all the ceiling panels down everywhere...

New Jet skis are on the way, waiting of new blocks to be built now.

New name signage is supposed to be installed this week. That will be fun to see..

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Wow! You sure have been busy.
    I really like what your doing with the new bar, especially the innovative seating. I wonder, do you pm all of this yourself of do you have an assistant?
    Can’t wait to see the results and the new signage.
    Very exciting.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

SCFerrari likes this.
  5. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for the compliment - I get pretty involved and basically PM most of the work.. The captain on the boat is doing a great job managing the subs doing the electrical, flooring and welding and helping out a lot.. I'm building the bar up in South Carolina and taking it down this weekend. Building it out of synthetic plastic basically.. and will use a wrap for final color.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NYC Fred and Ryan S. like this.
  6. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Are you using Styrene? I’ve read that it’s important to balance styrene, especially in high heat and uv applications.

7. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Synboard - it’s pvc- I’ve got it all over my house outdoors and it’s fine for high heat full sun -

Ryan S. likes this.
  8. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    You go over the top with everything, Rob! It’s awesome. Boat is beautiful, and looks like it’ll be getting better.
    Find a tender yet? While the NorTech is in a league of its own, the others are great boats. What’s the plan for the tender? More family than fishing?
    There are a lot of awesome CC’s out there now. Invincible builds an awesome boat, as well as Onslow Bay. I think they are up near you. I know the tournament guys best on them pretty good.

9. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks Troy,

Re: Tender, now I've moved back to looking for something in stock ... I'm down to two boats, a 368 S Pursuit and 38 Tiara Sport - both new.. going to see them again this weekend.

lighted signs are going on tomorrow!! Template for location has taken up the afternoon texts and phone calls.. Last picture shows sign too high, we moved it down centered on the area.

More soon,

Rob

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Kelowna likes this.
  11. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    For the all around usage I’d have to lean towards the Pursuit. Both are nice boats.

NbyNW likes this.
  12. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well.. bad news.. The sign backlighting wasn't perfectly done and my Captain sent it back to be improved upon... So no pictures of nameplate to share.

Bar area has new frame for bar scribed to vessel and about to weld it down. What a mess but I love 'before' pictures.

Ryan S. likes this.
  13. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    In Ceiling subwoofers custom made by James - I have these in my house and they are great. They are completely hidden except for a small port that matches the trim of the recessed lights. Will send final pic when complete.

ronfrohock likes this.
  14. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
  15. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It’s awesome to see your work. And I would vote for the Pursuit also. My wife agrees. It looks ready for fishing and sand bar fun.

16. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    #42 ronfrohock, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Make sure you power them up and sweep them through the frequencies to listen for buzzing before and while you button everything up. It would be a shame to complete the install only to find a buzz at frequency (s).

You might also want to add some Owens Corning 703 above the Bass Modules to trap or limit the bass from entering the space above them.

https://www.acoustimac.com/acoustic-insulation-materials/acoustic-insulation/owens-corning-acoustic-insulation

SCFerrari likes this.
  17. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
  18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wonderful thread, thanks for sharing! Your home addition and pool thread is incredible as well.

I will take a wild guess before he replies and say it's a pun on a 6-axis CNC machine. Maybe he's in that business...not sure, but it was the first thing that came to my mind. Like the Haas F1 guy.

SCFerrari likes this.
  19. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Well... We've finally picked out a tender for sure today.... Different than we thought earlier this week, but happy with the choice. It's a perfect no compromise choice that addresses our desires for a fishing boat that doubles as a elegant excursion boat for us and charter guests. After looking at dozens of boats and hundreds if not thousands of listings over the last 60 days, here's the finalist.

A new Pursuit DC 365

Below is a link to the site for anyone interested. It's a great boat and happy with the choice.

http://www.pursuitboats.com/DC365.php

UroTrash, Kelowna and ronfrohock like this.
  20. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    UroTrash likes this.
  21. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Beautiful. Great choice. The more closed in cabin is nice as is the open bow seating area. Those three motors at the back look like fun too!

SCFerrari likes this.
  22. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Really good advise - thanks for that and we will test it out for sure..

23. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Let's just say my holdings company has a similar name to the boat name.. :)

daviday likes this.
  24. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Wow, that’s quite the tender! Best of both worlds.
    Just awesome!

SCFerrari likes this.