Alternative to Ricambi for OEM Ferrari Parts? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alternative to Ricambi for OEM Ferrari Parts?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by makethemsaywow, Jul 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ha, this is the best advertising for Ricambi and they didn't pay anything. :D

2. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I've bought most of my parts from Ricambi. I'll give an example of why - when prepping my car for the track I had noticed I would get an occasional backfire on decel, so went over the exhaust in detail (fearing dreaded cracked headers) but found one of the exhaust donuts leaking slightly on the cat bypass pipe. As I have a '95 f355 with 2.7 motronic, it's a one year only part and they were showing out of stock (or call), so I called and asked. They didn't have the part but said they'd see if they could get one and call me back. Around 20 minutes later, Daniel called me back and said he found one in stock at another parts dealer and, rather than obtain the part and give himself a markup, gave me the contact info of the dealer directly to purchase the part. So, he got no money out of the deal, spent the time to look up part availability at other vendors and helped me out. That's why they're the first stop for me. The only time I remember buying elsewhere is when I needed a clutch disk and they only offered the clutch/pressure plate as a package. Otherwise they're the first place I go to.

They're also one state away so most orders are at my house in 2-3 days, which is outstanding imo.

surfwolf, f355spider and thorn like this.
  3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    yeah... I guess this thread took a direction the OP did not expect.

or...

nice guy does not always finish last.

or...

customer is not always right.

surfwolf likes this.
  4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Clearly Ricambi doesn't need any advertising. Daniel's reputation and outstanding customer service speaks for itself and is advertised on here regularly by people that buy from Ricambi (me being one of them).

I don't shop around. I don't know if I'm paying more at Ricambi. I don't know if I can get a better deal elsewhere, nor do I care because you can't put a price tag on a relationship built on trust and loyalty. There's more to a transaction than the monetary aspect of it.

I use Daniel for all of my needs, and the only time I use someone else is when he doesn't have what I need.

surfwolf, tbakowsky and rob lay like this.
  5. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    #55 Zcobra1, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    I buy parts from both Ricambi and Eurospares, depends on cost and mostly use Eurospares for high dollar items as that Offsets the shipping and duty. I just bought a F1 pump and heat exchanger from Eurospares while my car was in the shop I ordered on Friday evening, ( Saturday in the U.K.) and it was delivered Fed Ex, delivery guaranteed by 10:30 am on Tuesday....ya Tuesday...for $58 shipping. Got the goods to my installer by noon, he was pretty impressed ! As was I.
    Duty cost me $29, after all said and done, almost $200 saved.

To add, both Ricambi and Eurospares are quick and helpful on questions, obviously with the time difference getting answers from Eurospares is time dependent, however I found the service and problem resolution to not be a issue with Eurospares and rate them equal.

makethemsaywow likes this.
  6. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    Update: I've got another Ferrari OEM parts shopping list for my 458 and revisited the comparison between @Ricambi America and scuderiacarparts.com. Here's the breakdown.

Part A: Ricambi $1350, SCP $980
    Part B: Ricambi $290, SCP $210
    Part C: Ricambi $880, SCP $570
    Part D: Ricambi $1055, SCP $800

Shipping: Ricambi $50, SCP $105
    Insurance: Ricambi $0, SCP $35
    Duties and Taxes: Ricambi $0, SCP $180

TOTAL: Ricambi $3625, SCP $2880

Even with the heavy shipping and customs fees, scuderiacarparts.com is $745 cheaper, a 20% savings over Ricambi.

I opted to buy from scuderiacarparts.com again. Their customer experience has changed - now, you are quoted estimated shipping and import costs prior to placing the purchase. In my case, the actual costs remained the same post-purchase and I received my lock-in confirmation email within 24 hours.

All 4 parts were marked “In Stock”. I placed my order on 2/11. I received a DHL tracking number on 2/12 with a delivery ETA of 2/18. This is significantly faster than my previous experience during the summer (~3 week turnaround) and on par with my previous experiences with Ricambi.

I will report back once the package arrives to confirm the accuracy of the delivery estimate and that SCP is still delivering new Ferrari OEM parts.

7. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    ENOUGH ALREADY!
    STOP THIS CRAP NOW!
    YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!
    WOW - Like a little kid.....

Enzojr likes this.
  8. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Seems Like you are a shill for SCP with an axe to grind.
    Now I understand why some people think Ferrari owners are spoiled petulant children....

9. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    "Part A" doesn't fit into Ferrari's part number syntax.....hmmmm:rolleyes:o_O:D

Let it die already, the consensus among the boards has already judged you as a fraud and an ignoramus. Order your parts from wherever you want. Daniel took care of you and you are still crying like a little *****.

10. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Let me see, bananas are cheaper by .10 a pound, but the store is 5 miles further away ;)
    I am so confused what shall I do.
    I buy my stuff from Ricambi, I found them on here .....Fchat ...and people on here are happy/pleased with Daniel and his staff.
    Until he (Daniel) screws me he gets top marks in my book, and my service.

surfwolf likes this.
  11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Maybe you should have bought a Lambo?

:)
    BT

12. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Certainly acts like an average Gallardo owner.........

13. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    From your posts you need a lot of parts for your car, and 458s are relatively new, being only 1 model since new. Was it an insurance recovery that you're rebuilding, or you just bought one that wasn't cared for previously?

Honest question, I'm contemplating a 458 myself. Personally I don't care who you buy parts from.

14. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    #64 Continental AutoSports, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    If you were to call five different Ferrari parts vendors (myself included!), for ANY part on ANY Ferrari, you'd get five different prices and five different lead times. I've personally dealt with SCP and @Ricambi America numerous times, however I prefer Ricambi because of their physical location. I've never had problems with either vendor but comparing the pricing from one Ferrari parts vendor to another is almost like comparing apples and oranges. You're also leaving out many different variables that contribute to a purchase...including customer service. In finality, I think every member who posted to this thread has a vendor preference and that's their right, but I think it smart not to bash an individual vendor just because their pricing may be higher or you had ONE negative experience when the consensus is overwhelmingly positive.

It is expected for you to make your own decision, but don't drag Ricambi through the mud because you have an axe to grind.

brian.s, Nuvolari, surfwolf and 2 others like this.
  15. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Amen.

16. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    The 458 is an excellent high-use Ferrari. I strongly recommend it if you're looking for a car that you can drive significant miles with minimal downtime for service/repairs. With the DCT, chain drive, and generally better thought-out overall design that avoids engine-out work, there are practically no "big" services (brakes are the biggest that come to mind).

As for my particular 458, it's a no-paintwork, no-stories car with all Ferrari dealer service records since new and an easily sellable spec. I am happy to be working with a dealer service department who is friendly to parts sourced by the customer. @Ricambi America tends to be 20-30% off the dealer and SCP has been greater than 50% off; because of these savings, I've decided to adopt a more proactive approach to maintaining my 458. The next owner of my car will be pleased to buy from an owner like me.

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Unless they have to personally interact with you.

INRange and surfwolf like this.
  18. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Would be curious to know the OP profession or Business or what he charges per billable hr.. probably not giving out many freebies to afford such a beautiful machine.

19. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    The package arrived early. I've opened it and 3 of 4 parts are wrapped in Ferrari packaging with the Ferrari parts sticker in the right place. The last item arrived without the packaging (not sure if it's because it's a larger item). I will reach out to SCP about this. Driving it all down to the dealer shortly to get their seal of approval and to have them installed.

Order placed on 2/11 @ 12:59PM PT, order received on 2/14 @ 2:30PM PT.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #70 308 milano, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    So you’re purchasing the parts and driving them down to the dealership to have them install? Bet you’re their favorite person!

21. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’ll bet you he’s not :p

surfwolf likes this.
  22. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    The master technician has given the parts his initial thumbs up. Conclusive word will come after the parts are successfully installed.

I showed the full SCP invoice to my service advisor and the master tech. They appreciated the transparency, and were both quite impressed by the pricing and turnaround time. We were all smiles as the requested labor hours for their full service recommendations list was approved by me and I saved just under $3,000 sourcing and delivering the parts myself.

23. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Regardless of where you purchase your parts, supplying parts to ANY shop is bad form. Shops provide a warranty for their work and the parts markup affords them the ability to provide said warranty.

It would be equally improper to bring a steak to your favorite restaurant and expect they cook it and warranty the outcome.

It's hard to believe an authorized Ferrari dealer would allow this, not to mention it's likely a violation of the franchise agreement.

24. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    people are saying WOW what an _SS!

25. bludvl

bludvl Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    Dallas,TX