Colors by the numbers | FerrariChat

Colors by the numbers

Discussion in '308/328' started by kidryno, Feb 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kidryno

kidryno Karting

Dec 22, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Any way to find out how many 308s left the factory in certain colors? I’m trying to determine how many Grigio 308s were manufactured in 1983.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Furanku

Furanku Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Short answer is: no. That said, I just saw on another Ferrari related forum a scan of a letter from Ferrari stating that about 8% of the 308 produced in 1985 were Grey. There is a good chance that this figure includes silver cars too.

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Same answer as my pal Furanku above: NO. Many figures are given here and there, but usually without any source, so these are impossible to cross-check, and probably are repeated along the years and places without anyone being able to confirm by going back to the original source, usually unknown.
    In some countries, the importer may have more information, such as the U.K where Maranello Concessionaires has kept well documented archives that can still be accessed today.
    It is significant to say that the factory itself (= Ferrari, Maranello), in said letter mentioned above by Furanku, dated 1991, says that "this information is very difficult to ascertain"...

Rgds

4. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    And this document is about Grey, not Grigio. So could be included Argento 308 ...