compomotive wheels | Page 2 | FerrariChat

compomotive wheels

Discussion in '308/328' started by Sigmacars, Dec 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Front 10.1kg, rear 10.5 kg. 10.1 / 0.454 = 22.25 lbs. I was using bathroom scales (decent ones from my practice), but for such a low weight, your measurements are probably closer to the mark.

miketuason likes this.
  2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Patrick, the difference on the front wheel is mine is only .79lbs or .36kg lighter than yours.
    Sounds about right since yours is 7” wide and mine is 8”

3. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    No mate, mine's 8". I think the difference is in the (lack of) accuracy of the scales - or possibly you guys being on the wrong side of the globe affecting gravity. :p

miketuason likes this.
  4. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I do not know what my backspacing and offsets are. It will be a while until I can measure them, since we are in the middle of winter, and the car is bundled up for winter. When the wheels were made, they were probably these series 2 specs or very close. Back then, Compomotive made the wheels after you ordered them.

StartedFromTheBottom likes this.
  5. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    So what is my spec then if I want to order the wheels from Compomotive for my early 1988 328.

6. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    Exactly my car but i have the luck for Eu laws and thus EU look :p ok back then it was crazy each country laws so also France cars don’t look nice with the yellow lenses if I’m honest...

How about a deal:
    Your wheels for my EU Mirrors?! I have one pair for safety left :p
    Honestly please if you have the chance... get a pair of the EU mirrors... those US cubes destroy the whole aesthetic of the car...

Compomotive doesn’t produce them anymore!! I even texted the sales department of them few months ago and he told me that He’ll come
    Back at me if there’s any set turning up... so hey I’m first one in queue!!! :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login The alternative is to order at
    Image wheels uk. They do customizing as well but comments about them have been slightly different in my previous thread already quoted here... so I’ll wait a bit more to go for them. Probably until the next tire change. If somebody goes for them in his 328 with upgrade suspension and bigger offset please post the pics of the car and final specs of the wheels that have been ordered would be a gread help.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    OK, between earthquakes and snow, I measured my Compomotive wheels on my 1989 328, with ABS and suspension updates, so it is a Series II.

Front: 8x17 at bead, actual overall 9x18.25, backspacing 6”, tires 225/45R17
    Rear: 9x17 at bead, actual overall 10x18.50, backspacing 7”, tires 255/45R17

StartedFromTheBottom likes this.
  8. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Added offset:
    Front: 8x17 at bead, actual overall 9x18.25, backspacing 6”, 1.5” positive offset, tires 225/45R17

Rear: 9x17 at bead, actual overall 10x18.50, backspacing 7”, 2” positive offset, tires 255/45R17

9. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Any update from Compomotives?

10. StartedFromTheBottom

StartedFromTheBottom Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 9, 2016
    Europe
    No i guess the guy just wanted to be kind and left me in hope... if i said I’m interested in 10 sets might have been different :D

Meanwhile i got a set of Koenig 17” 308/328 which are actually also nice... but have been expensive and i even don’t know whether they’ll fit my series 2 328. Anyway i decided to stay with stock for a while longer...
    Thinking about placing the Koenig on bringatrailer... we’ll see :) Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app