What ever happened to Joe Ford and the 375MM? Seems he is involved in another case of a stolen car. | FerrariChat

What ever happened to Joe Ford and the 375MM? Seems he is involved in another case of a stolen car.

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by GBTR6, Aug 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GBTR6

GBTR6 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2011
    Titletown, USA
    Full Name:
    Perry Rondou
  2. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
  3. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Its hard to dismiss the case as a nothing when its been all the way to the Wisconsin Court of Appeal and they have agreed with the plaintiffs legal points. As for Joe Ford, he seems like an interesting character and the 375 #0384AM thread was a fascinating case and exposed the best and worst of everyone involved. I mean considering that he takes a risk on buying a stake in a litigation over a car which shows that he is either a brave investor or something less tasteful. Otherwise the other side in the #0384AM case was capable of anything to get their pay day and makes one wonder the lengths they might have gone to. What Rick Workman may or may not do is an interesting question but my read of the case it will come down to everyone being pretty innocent of knowingly committing a crime all the way back to whomever used the fake papers to export a stolen car. Everyone since had papers that to all intents and purposes made the car legitimately owned based on the supporting documents and any wrongdoing relies on one assuming it was actually stolen in the first place and not somehow sold . Will be fascinating to watch.

4. IXLR84FUN

IXLR84FUN Rookie

Apr 10, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ralph Conner
    Seems a blue Print of Ocean Joe's Swaters Desecration. Does anyone have a link to the initial lawsuit Wisconsin filed in 2017 by him as an owner ? Would be great reading as the cast of players must be the same. I know its not Ferrari material, but goes to show when someone wants to target a rich owner with a rare car. Sort of an amoral shake down. I am sure his eyes will be on a GTO next .

5. Tom Glowacki

Tom Glowacki Rookie

May 9, 2004
    You can go to the Wisconsin Circuit Court Access Program: https://wcca.wicourts.gov/, and after agreeing to the conditions of use, so a simple search for the names. Unfortunately, Wisconsin's site is not like the Federal Pacer system in that the actual documents are not on line.

6. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    While I feel Mr Ford could handle affairs better, is it fair that someone can have a car stolen without any possibility of justice? It could readily be argued that the thief and potentially any purchaser that knowingly purchased a stolen car should be charged even if Mr. Workman could be considered a lawful purchaser

7. IXLR84FUN

IXLR84FUN Rookie

Apr 10, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ralph Conner
    Although we know it's not Ferrari news, in a way it's about old car ownership. We should ask Ocean Joe to explain the case, and post the suit. Then explain why a stolen car can be sold ( as the news says he bought part of it) . Surely he needs a cheer leading section, Timmmmmmy you were in that cheering section with medals to show, can you raise OJ for a comment ?

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    While some here may find this OT car saga entertaining or interesting, perhaps further discussions or opinion sharing about it should be carried out somewhere other than this forum section.

dan5974 and Bryanp like this.
  9. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Thats a bit rough isn't it? I just feel that if you have something stolen from you, you should either get the stolen items returned and/or be compensated for your loss. I have made it clear I don't personally like nor approve of Joes methods although I neither have any personal connection nor any support for his cause. I just feel that people shouldn't be able to steal something without concern.

hagen111 and JL350 like this.
  10. Patrick Faucompre

Mar 3, 2005

It would be very interesting to know who are the brokers in Europe.
    American expatriate, maybe? Friend before, enemy now of Joe Ford?
    You know, the guy with multiple identities...
    I wouldn't be surprised if we have here a replay of #0384 AM.

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  11. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    All fair points. I do remember all the many varied identities, some of them were absolutely hilarious. Anyone else remember Mbzgurl or the various other BS that surrounded every party in that case?

12. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    The illustrious Chris Gardner?

13. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  14. IXLR84FUN

IXLR84FUN Rookie

Apr 10, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ralph Conner
    Ford is still a target in the 375 Plus fiasco , under the gun of Zach ' The Hammer'' Gottesman for zeroing Ford allies Debbie and David Clark of their contract price of 10% of the proceeds of the sale. Kristie Kleve is named as a defendant in that case, headed for our Ohio Court in September. So, the 375 fiasco is still warm, and Ford is at it again with the same victims, same story line just a different make car.

15. cheesey2

cheesey2 Rookie

May 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ivars Blumenau
    #15 cheesey2, Aug 15, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Stolen property is constantly sold... it's a simple process of forging the necessary documents... buyer beware... no one traces previous owner history... forged documents have no history of prior owners lineage

16. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    One would think there must be some type of test to be convicted of receiving, be it knowing the seller is a thief OR prior knowledge of a theft but I am sure that test depends on the jurisdiction.

17. cheesey2

cheesey2 Rookie

May 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ivars Blumenau
    puncture an inflated ego :=)

18. IXLR84FUN

IXLR84FUN Rookie

Apr 10, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ralph Conner
    Conman and Candy Crush Saga

https://www.courthousenews.com/ohio-lawsuit-recounts-one-ferraris-long-and-winding-road/

Although the Ferrari 375 is no longer the real subject here, the Saga continues . In summary, Kristine Lawson deemed at zero interest in the 0384 AM by the High Court Judge in the UK. This has moved to Lawson and sisters launching against all the Ohio attorneys for not advising her correctly to the legality of the Ford contract. One lawyer Tim Smith Esq. is said to have played Candy Crush Saga on his ipad in the courtroom during the hearings.

Joseph L. Ford III , our Ocean Joe, as the article mentions as ‘’a South Florida Hustler and Conman’’, has filed bankruptcy in South Florida . He’s stated to be owing numerous FC posters in this thread millions with assets listed as an unrestored MGB and some Big Clams Shells . Shortly before filing bankruptcy last month Ford transferred his assets to his ‘’same-name-son’’ Joe Ford Jr, who financed the Ferrari fight to the London court. His son was part of a South Florida credit insurance scam that netted 85M before the FTC in case 17-cv-60907 shut it down and seized most visible assets.

There was a huge amount of confidential information used by Ford to further his creditability and diminish his adversarial partners , much of that was posted on this FC site. This brings to mind the danger of internet as a tool to spread criminal intent with the posting of serial numbers and owners personal information. I see that Ford entered the arena of Ferrari Owners, fanned a fire, decimated Swaters and wrote an online fake news story that ran years based on his illegal acts. Welcome to the new and dangerous world of the haves and the have nots.

19. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Coming to a theater near you: 330LMB. Or John Andrew's 275GTB. Watch this space!

IXLR84FUN and 375+ like this.
  20. Sturm59

Sturm59 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2019
    Hi guys,
    sorry for disturbing... Does some one know Joe Ford's email adress?

21. IXLR84FUN

IXLR84FUN Rookie

Apr 10, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Ralph Conner
    Just thought I’d post after checking our Ohio court Ferrari cases records while waiting in that old courthouse where it all started on the 375 plus Years ago. Kristie Lawson, Ray Lawson , Debbie and Dave Clark , Charlie Morse forced Ocean Joe into bankruptcy , 9:2019-bk-10309 (flsb), and all Got paid off under a million. The court took Oceans house he got off of Swaters’s back in the 375 settlement. The court forced a sale after 540 days in bankruptcy , 600 filings and a discharge close, Ford got caught out by Dr. Rick Workman of the GTO owners club. Ocean Joe conjured a mimic Swaters style shakedown on Rick. Same playbook I think as the Swaters defacing. Ocean Joe now has a $22’000’000 claim against him for conspiracy to commit fraud against Rick. Looks like triple damages I think or Ferrari karma. If I am reading the bankruptcy complaint right, seems it’s now in a federal court in Florida headed for deeper water.