Gtc4 lusso problems | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Gtc4 lusso problems

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Asthenia, Jan 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Asthenia, Not wishing to doubt the assertion or be so disrespectful as to suggest it may not be true but as yours, as far as I'm aware, is the first case published on here and the statement could severely impact on the value and integrity of the Lusso may we see some evidence of this especially as you say it is the second time it has happened.

2. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    I will send it to you in pm. I have emails. In french tho

3. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Very kind of you as this is an important issue which may give a 'heads up' to many on here.

4. FFantastic

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Having read your email I apologise for any suggestion of doubt my post may have implied. The comment from your dealer that suggests a design fault failure due to stress and that in his experience it is not uncommon (paraphrasing) is very worrying. Certainly an encouragement to obtain a power train warranty once the guarantee has expired.

Do you use the launch mode often or at all? Can you think of any reason why your car has experienced this twice, perhaps prior to your ownership it was used rather more vigorously than normal.

5. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    We
    Well I have never used launch control ever. I wouldn’t do it out of respect for the car. Plus back in the day my dad had a M6 V10 and they said you could only do 3 LC before the clutch was gone. So that always sticked in my mind.
    In winter i let it idle until minimal 40 degrees celcius before departure. Plus i rarely rev it all the way. Mostly 4-5000 rpm. Every now and then 7000rpm.. but again, out of respect of the car, i don’t do it often.

Antway my dad revs his F12 all the time and it never broke down.
    Not even after 60.000 km..

6. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Plus, as I said.. i do track with my bmw m4 and fun driving with my GT3 991.. lusso is my daily.. just that car that you can use every day and still be faster than 99% of other cars.. but i drive it carefully and with respect.I would’t have any problem admitting if i didn’t..

7. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Anomaly then? weird that it would not be a manufacturing defect if normal driving conditions would cause that

8. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Do any of you know if i can ask for compensation? Lost my car for 2 months due to these 2 gearbox replacements..

At least I want them to extend the warranty to 2 years on the new gearbox.. i was told it costs 20k so.. if it breaks out of warranty (my warranty ends november 2019) you could be screwed for 20k

9. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Allright guys.. little update about my piece of **** lusso..

As you may remember: car towed 19 january for 2nd gearbox replacement.
    It is now april, the finally installed a gearbox and.. wait for it.. took it for a test drive.
    All of a sudden, out of the blue, my front gearbox appears to be broken too..
    (Never had an issue there, amazes me that they wouldn’t have seen this when the first checked the car.. anyway.. will probably have it back at the end of the month.

So, in total, lost my car for 5 months in 1 year due to repairs.. this is, most certainly, the worst car i have ever owned. Coming from a bmw m4 which does track and never breaks, a lamborghini aventador (rock solid) , a porsche gt3, solid but needs a little more oil.
    My dad’s f12 went solid after 6 months.. before he also had a lot of issues.

Compensation? After asking almost 10
    Times, they gave me 1 year extra power warranty.. do you guys think this is appropriate? Plus what does this warranty retail for?

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    **** happens and sometimes you end up with a lemon, there is no rule for that.
    Wife's Lusso is 7 months old now and has 7k miles, rock solid, bulletproof reliable.
    My brother was tired with problems in his 2 Range Rovers in a row so he got himself a Lexus LS500, he ended up driving an entry level piece of crap econobox loaner all the time, since his "ultra reliable" car was constantly in service.
    Sometimes it's just a bad luck......

Bundy likes this.
  11. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017

12. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    I agree.. but for a brand like ferrari, costumer service seems like something to focus on.

I was at a marriage yesterday and I talked to 2 race pilots and they also claim that there are a lot of problems with the lusso..
    hope none of you guys have to go there..

13. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Anyone else had gearbox issues?

14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Did they change the gearbox between the FF and Lusso? This seems really bizarre.

15. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    I have an email where they state that I am not alone..

16. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Unusual, I believe this is the same transmission used for the last few v12’s including the F12 and FF, just different ratios, without a lot of issues, maybe a bad batch. When was your car produced?

17. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Sell it.

18. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    As far as I know the only difference is the rear wheel steering (and software of course), if that in any way can cause this issue?

19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    That seems like it could be a possibility if they are blaming undue physical stresses for the failures. After all, the transmission is a transaxle located between the rear wheels.

Screen grab:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    No were near the OP's level of issue but I have received in the post just this week 2 re-call letters from Maranello on our '19 V8T. One concerning door opening and one concerning the fuel system. The latter warning of possible vehicle fire.

21. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    I make you gut price my frènd!
    Even chàz one year extra power warranty.. 230.000 euros vat inclüdet..
    you bai?

22. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    I received this one aswell.. nothing to worry about.. the door thing is a quick fix. Fire risk is something else. But i bet they’ll never admit gearbox issues.

Since my gearbox was replaced and broke again, it’s obvious that the gearbox is ****.

Ferrari dealer told me that this (3rd gearbox) now has a different part Number. So the guy said that this one is a remodelled advanczd (better? ) gearbox? Could be to keep me happy? Who knows..

23. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Dude, I'm just so sorry your experience has been so poor.
    It's embarrassing for all of us who buy into the Ferrari myth.
    These cars have enriched our lives, brought us new friends and much more besides.
    In the end though, a company took your money for what should have been a wonderful experience and provided you with inferior goods and services.
    A very poor performance indeed.

24. Asthenia

Asthenia Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    So, big news, MY ENGINE IS BROKEN.. what the actual ****?

7 months of **** and counting..
    there is a fellow Belgian guy facing the same **** as me and he filed a lawsuit against ferrari. This is the article.

https://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190715_04510797
    I talked to him and he wants me to go into the lawsuit with him since we are facing the same problems.
    The dealer told me that ferrari would compensate me for 10k if I buy a new (more expensive car. Making me lose even mor.
    I still love ferrari don’t get me wrong. I’d love a new ferrari. But in this case i believe that I am entitled to a compensation for giving me such a Lemon car..
    in the usa apparently there is a law that states that you should get a new one. Then 10k for 7 months of misery in 17 months of ownership seems like nothing..
    thoughts?
    Any of you finally have **** with the lusso?

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    They can F off. Unacceptable.