1/18 news | Page 41 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wayting on mine, please Etienne, how is the ride height? can you show a profil picture? And the front and rear hood, do they fit perfectly?

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It's a Tecnomodel, if the only thing wrong with it is the wheel size we can pray the lord!

gt4me likes this.
  3. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    The car is actually a little high. I compressed the suspensions and then glued the triangles!
    The front hood is pretty good. The rear much less ... So I slightly modified the chassis (where the spare wheel is installed) for a better fit.
    The painting is probably a little too dark, but difficult to compare with the current photos and those of 1971, sometimes quite different. The quality of this painting is not perfect, but it has an aspect can be quite close to that of the race cars of the 70s ?
    Soon pictures, when I finish.

Some pictures of Le Mans 71, with different shades of blue
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

4. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thanks...i have some concerns about thye modell, hope mine willç be ok, especially the panels fitting and hopefully it doesn't sit too high! last week i had to adjust my p4 front suspension, and i really didn't want to do the same to the 512...can't understand why GMP can't do this properly, their 312PBs are simply perfect!!

6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I wanted one of these 512 M models........until I saw photos. For me it is a let down (too many problems), and not at all up to the very high standard of their 312PB models. I'm sure many collectors will still buy the 512M models, but also many will not.

7. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

No one should ever use color photos to judge the correct shade on any color. You need paint chips and or correct color codes. Photos always have far too many problems, and can only be used as nothing more than a very basic guide.

gt4me likes this.
  8. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Agree 100%, I have different photos of my own cars that look a completely different colour due to light differences.

9. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    etienne and Lusso123 like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Very nice! we'll as lawrence Stroll if he can borrow us the real car so we can try out the colour!! :)

11. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    NürScud, etienne and Lusso123 like this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Looks great Etienne..i think it's a very nice model, the colour scheme is fantastic..can't realy see the fiting of the engine cove ron your pictures but that will probably vary from model to model, as for the stance you said you changed it a bit right, so your car is a bit lower than the original?

14. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Still hard to say, but it seems that it lacks the agressive styling and stance of the real thing. I'll probably buy one anyway and display it with the body parts off, along a CMR example which is sealed anyway. Saves me a lot of money in the process.

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thing is i don't really like any of the 2 CMR versions..although the GELO one is imo more atractive....still waiting on that profile picture from Etienne to make up my mind....

16. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    The lower tub sides and the lower nose sections should have been made separate parts so they could have been chromed-for this price point that is a deal breaker for me.

17. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    I confirm : looks great ! and I am very happy to have ordered it 1 year ago. Yes, a bit lower than the original, but no photo to compare. New pics soon...

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Did you remove the springs to lower it, as we had to do in the 330 p4?

19. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    It seems very dificult on the 512M. I did not try.

20. siemensmotors

siemensmotors Rookie

Oct 30, 2017
    thank you marshall,
    i was thinking about their 250 gto, but i am not sure about the wheels, looks big. i want to replace my cmc gto because of shape, but i can’t deciede which one is the best in 1:18. bbr, mg or amalgam...

21. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  22. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

You're welcome. In terms of choosing between any of those three, and wanting the "best." That is a tough one. None of them are exactly the "best." In my opinion, there is no true "best" 1:18 250 GTO. Some are better than others, but none completely hit the mark in all areas. In my own collection I have two 1:18 GTO's...... BBR "Press Day" car, and a standard Kyosho with no livery. I also will build & add a 1:12 MFH GTO one of these days.

CMC.... has a lot of detail, but is not a good model, and is of a poorly done non factory re-bodied car.
    BBR.... overall very good, with excellent fit & finish and fine detailing, but body not 100%. The tires are very good, actually close to if not exact for the time. These cars had big tires.
    MG..... Don't bother with.
    Amalgam.....this has a great body, but many other flaws. Weak detailing in many areas, wheels & knock offs not good, and it is over priced and over produced, not limited. If you love it, then buy it, otherwise stay away.
    Kyosho.....Well worth having. Not perfect, but overall it's very, very good, and a good value.

PAT30 and etienne like this.
  23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<cmr body is actualy pretty decent for the price, biggest problem for me is lack of detail from the back, like gearbox and other stuff, but for the price, it's pretty decent and makes me wonder!!! i think i can get a RARE model for the same price as the GMP, and while i love the GMP, the stance of the car and poor fiting of the engine cover is making me mad!!! why the heck did they screw that up!!!! if you look at prototyp+e images it looked very good!!!!! i wonder if they will correct this issue in the nº12 car?