Renault F1 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Renault F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Apr 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    20 years or so? they will be lucky to make 2025 unless they really get to grips with it ..Yes as Ross B said it is bit by bit approach but they need some really BIG dramatic changes to save the ship from sinking fast.

stavura, Bas, LVP488 and 2 others like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ghosn resigns as CEO of Renault two months after arrest.

Renault elects Michelin CEO Senard as new chairman.

DF1 and 375+ like this.
  3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ghosn will be a hard act to follow in the automotive undustry, just like Iacocca was

4. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Drop the mandatory hybrid engines and go full fossil fuel (turbo and non-turbo) vs full electric vs hydrogen vs hybrid...whatever...minimal rules beyond cubic inch displacement/equivalent. Let each team chose what they want to run. Have a weight limit and a limit aero complexity. Stop restricting how many engines or trans you can use. Three types of tires for everyone...soft hard and wet. Make the entry costs the same for everyone, but the prize money goes on results. The smartest teams and engineers will get the most wins for the buck. The audience will have multiple technologies to cheer for. And have open testing...no restrictions...every team makes their own decisions on how to use it.

Put the F1 Drivers Assoc. in charge of disciplining drivers, let the teams be in charge of monitoring themselves. Let the FIA run the venues and administer the money. Make it as simple as possible but let each team decide how much they want to spend for themselves.

Ryan... and greg328 like this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Sounds good, but it would be very difficult to write the technical rules for that, to give everyone a fair chance.

The rule makers have traditionally been very bad at making rules to mix different engines concepts; like turbo v. atmo; or ICE against turbine, etc ...

6. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  7. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    VERY excited to see the delta between these 2. I think it could be surprising to some.....

Kevin

stavura, DF1 and 375+ like this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I would be very happy to see Renault beat Red Bull in the WCC !

WilyB, DF1 and Nortonious like this.
  9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Absolutely. And DR to place well ahead of Vintage Max.

WilyB, DF1 and william like this.
  10. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'd like to see Honda succeed, but rather see RBR implode because of their treatment of DR.

Nortonious and DF1 like this.
  11. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    STR FTW
    an unlikely fantasy, but would be wonderful to see them outplace RBR. Honda and Renault both being competitive is good of course...is or wrong of me to wish problems on Merc? Just a DNF or two...or three.

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141568/ricciardo-risk-of-failure-greater-at-red-bull

New Renault Formula 1 driver Daniel Ricciardo says the "risk of failure" would have been greater if he stayed with Red Bull and its new engine partner Honda for 2019.

Ricciardo's shock Red Bull departure was the one of the biggest stories of last season as he opted to join the Renault works team despite enduring reliability problems with Renault's engines at his existing team.

Renault has swiftly improved since returning to F1 as a team in 2016, finishing fourth in the constructors' championship last year, but Ricciardo is still unlikely to challenge his former team or Mercedes and Ferrari for victories this season.

"There is a bit of a gamble with it but the more I think about it I don't see it too much as a gamble in terms of [comparison] with Red Bull," said Ricciardo.

"We're not coming in the team saying we're going to win so the expectation and the bar is not initially very high, whereas at Red Bull every year we kind of built ourselves up because we'd won in the past.

"Every year you kind of feel it's going to happen and the risk is being let down every year.

"I feel like the risk of failure [staying at Red Bull] is greater than coming here and having the risk of not winning, if that makes sense.

"Out of the two options they both have some risk, but with risk comes reward and because the growth here is potentially a lot bigger I feel that the reward can certainly be bigger here and the ability to become less frustrated is better here."

14. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Translation: I'm through playing second fiddle to Max;)

15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Additional translation: I don't have faith in Honda.

16. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland

What fair rules? Bring your fastest cars and your bravest drivers and to the victor goes the spoils. Racing!

17. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    The wife has me entered in some contest to attend the British gp as a guest of Renault

18. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Good luck! Too bad it wasn't with a Brit team, but Williams would make you pay $100k to collect your prize.

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Formula Libre ?

20. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Melbourne 2019

DR early retirement and Sainz with an overheating issue (MGU- K).

21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Hey Daniel, RedBull gives you wiiings. Unfortunately you lost yours.:p

22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Chinese GP 2019...1000th race

[Racefans] Renault introduce new MGU-K to fix reliability problems. All 4 drivers will use a new specification of MGU-K this weekends GP.

375+ likes this.
  23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    How will this work via MGU-K allocation? Does this mean that Sainz will be on his 3rd unit and the other 3 on their 2nd? I hope it is successful there is a long season ahead.

william likes this.
  24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I despair with Renault's racing strategy.
    Here is a major car manufacturer entering the Big Game of F1, but the company behind the team don't seem really commited.
    After 6 years in the hybrid formula, Renault is still lagging behind.
    Their power units are both less powerful, and less reliable than the opposition, and their chassis are below average too.
    After Abiteboul's reassurance that things were changing, I expected some improvement this year.

25. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1