Maserati 3500/straight 6 expert in Dallas? | FerrariChat

Maserati 3500/straight 6 expert in Dallas?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Wizz, Feb 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wizz

Wizz Rookie

May 24, 2014
    I'm looking at buying a 3500 GT engine, which is currently located in Dallas.
    I'm trying to locate a very reputable early Maserati engine expert or enthusiast who could go have a look at it for me.
    If you are, or know, such a person, I'd love to get a message.

Buying expensive things long distance is always a bit of a risk, and I just want someone to have a look and make sure that it exists, and seems to be as represented, and any insights that can be gleaned.
    It is in "barn find" condition, so I'm mainly looking for serial number verification for both internal and body-number codes, no cracks or damaged threads, bonus points for which version of the heads it has, anything unusual or noteworthy.

Thanks in advance for any volunteers or introductions~~

Jim

2. GLB

GLB Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    George Lawrence Brantingham
    You could contact Michael Luongo at Norwood Auto Italia. Mike has lots of Maserati experience, but I don't know if it extends to the inline sixes. If not, he would know who does know.

3. Wizz

Wizz Rookie

May 24, 2014
    Thanks, I've sent them a message.
    Still welcoming any other volunteers or pointers~
    Jim

4. jeffb99tx

jeffb99tx Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Robert Rogers at Shade Tree Enginetrics might do it for you. He is a very respected Italian car mechanic here in the Dallas area and knows quite a lot about these older cars. His number is 972-843-8134. He also has a web site you can review if you google it.
    Good luck,
    Jeff

5. Wizz

Wizz Rookie

May 24, 2014
    Thanks again for the tip.
    I just had a good chat today with Norwood, but it's great to have another name.
    Thanks for all the help.