Shop Manual - 2012 458 Italia | FerrariChat

Shop Manual - 2012 458 Italia

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Atilla39, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Atilla39

Atilla39 Rookie

Jan 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Atilla H. Smith
    Hi,
    I am looking for a proper shop manual for a 2012 458 Italia. I have tried buying what appear to be credible e-version of shop manuals off the internet - but all 3 were junk - didn't even include basics like lifting points, oil change , caliper bolt torque's, etc.
    Does anyone have first hand experience with having bought and used a good 458 Italia shop manual ? either paper or e-version on a thumb drive. I don't need to straighten the frame, weld to the chassis, balance the crank - just average reasonable work as a shop w/ several 458 customers. I now understand that Ferrari doesn't make these available, just like McLaren, and probably for the same reason - so there is such thing as a copy of a factory shop manual as these scam artists on the internet advertise.

Many thanks to all, all input sincerely appreciated.
    Allen

2. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    I have a shop manual for the 458 but it is probably the same as you have already found mine is 2000 pages on a dvd.
    The problem with all Italian shop manuals (you should read a MV Agusta manual) is that they are not like a Haynes manual that you would find for a Corvette or Toyota. They are vague and in a sense just a reminder for an already trained tech on a particular
    procedure for the model in question. They are not a step by step manual never have been. The translation from Italian
    to English has always been comical, I swear the same guy who translated my 308 GT4 manual that I owned back in the late 80s translated the WSM for my 458. My 348, 355 and 512 manuals were all the same. My 458 manual does not even show any specs, procedures, tongue specs. etc. on rebuilding an engine. It gives the procedure for removing it but that is it. I guess they expect not to ever have to rebuild one LOL. Ferrari has always been secretive on their infor but they much worse today.

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

i feel your pain. I guess I am lucky to have a relative complete 360 service manual, compared to the 458 ones. I have the same 458 shop manual as you do probably.

That got me thinking. I have a "friend" who's kinda look up to me and admires me as a role model. He's a neighbor actually and watches me wrenching my car all the time.

He has a few lambos and a few rolls royces. He asks me to do basic maintenance stuff such as oil change on a regular basis. Once, he asked me if I can service a bugatti as he's about to buy one. holi smoke, i told him there's no way I can have shop manual for that car, nor a way that I can find a diagnostic scan tool for it. I dont know how to change oil for that car!

4. SF Technical

SF Technical Rookie

Jul 26, 2018
  5. Atilla39

Atilla39 Rookie

Jan 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    Atilla H. Smith

Many thanks for your insights - fortunately, I have a great shop, Scuderia Performante near by in Malvern PA, owned by Anthony & Tony and staffed by all former Ferrari tech's including 2 Master Tech's - so if I get in trouble I call them.

Thanks again,
    Allen

6. SF Technical

SF Technical Rookie

Jul 26, 2018
    Tony and Anthony are both great!! I am sure they will take good care of you.
    Regards,
    Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app