2019 F1 car liveries / leaks etc | Page 11 | FerrariChat

2019 F1 car liveries / leaks etc

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Feb 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    While I loved the look of the spy shot livery, the final version still looks great.

2. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Well, Vettel led in hockenheim 2018, then under zero pressure buried the car into a wall.

I guess I was watching a different formula than you the last two seasons...coz in the formula I watched Hamilton & Mercedes drove pretty faultlessly, Vettel+ferrari practically gifted the championship away in the second half.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hockenheim he slid off under suspected oil (not a statement from Ferrari or Vettel, but rather photographers at the track spotting a leaking williams...who retired a lap later). First on the scene. Nothing he could've done.

Hamilton had the luxury of a faster car. It's easier not to lose your head in such a car. Vettel made bad mistakes he shouldn't be making. To a certain extent I understand why he made them, but he made too many. Schumacher always said he allowed himself to make 1 mistake per season. Vettel used all his up for the rest of his career it seems.

Isobel, stavura and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  4. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Vettel made too many mistakes and it's clear he's no Schumacher but this is right. Hamilton had to take fewer risks because his car was better.

Isobel, stavura, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    As I said. :)

I've been a Vettel supporter here for god knows how long...and I was as disappointed as anyone else here when he made some incredibly questionable mistakes. IF he wins the title this year, he can be forgiven.

stavura and Sharknose like this.
  6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Sorry, but that is utter bullocks...he wasn’t first on any scene, nor was there any oil on track...a few cars were there with him / drove the same line immediately ahead and after him and had no issues. He bungled it on his own.

Not sure where all this is coming from, I watched the same race from start to finish...

Anyways, I’m going to leave it to Leclerc to further validate the mediocrity that is Vettel. Ricci showed him up in dominating fashion in equal equipment, if Leclerc does the same well, that’s all she wrote...

7. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hockenheim has been discussed to death. It's over and all we can do is see what this year brings.

freshmeat likes this.
  8. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I hope leclerc does well but I think the people here who think he is going to be some kind of immediate savior are smoking some of the good stuff. I don’t think he will beat Vettel this year. In fact, let’s see whether or not he even beats Kimi’s numbers from last year (building in Kimi’s DNFs that were not at all his fault). That said maybe I’m wrong and, if so, it would probably be a good thing for Ferrari in terms of both constructor and driver championship

william likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Which ever way you look at it, falling off the track on your own when you are leading looks rather clumsy for a 4 times WDC.

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's a tradition among tifosi to greet (some) new drivers at Maranello as if they were the new Messiah.

Only time will tell.

Nuvolari likes this.
  11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    It needs the green snake, unless it is a subliminal message that this is war. Wartime badge was single colored.

12. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Oh, please. Ham took fewer risks because he's a vastly better driver than SV.

william likes this.
  13. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Single color is ok. Image Unavailable, Please Login I just meant that the big Alfa Romeo logo in their new livery lost the surrounding circle so the logo looks out of place. This year trend is "Paint adds weight" :D but it is strange to strip down its own brand logo. Pre-test livery was OK.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I agree that it needs the circle, and I liked the matte hearts and clover.

kandi likes this.
  15. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Really can’t stand the blue stripe on the alfa. Should have been all white and red imo