FF values. What's going on? | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    You are probably right, I will likely be back - and not for a GTC4 because I am just not a fan of the refined styling cues - but for another FF at some point down the line. I think Chris Harris said it great in one of his reviews of his own personal FF - each time you drive the car it is truly an occasion, moreso than any German car can possibly offer. Just starting the car always puts a smile on my face.

uhn2000, iloveferrari, otakki and 2 others like this.
  2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    me too!

3. sharon amos

sharon amos Karting

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    sharon amos
    Instead of redoing this dash, what I did in my 458 is I purchased a carbon fiber piece that goes over it. They made it extremely thin and once it’s on, you don’t notice that it’s not oem. It’s about a $700 piece instead of thousands to redo.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Excellent point, Jerry. I've overlooked that. You're entirely right. But truth be told, very low to low mileage Ferraris, the so-called garage queens, can also lead to hefty bills precisely due to their inactivity. I'm a strong advocate that mileage shouldn't make or break any deals, but maintenance history should. If we enjoy responsibly and take proper care of our Ferrari, handing it over to qualified staff in a timely fashion and won't settle or cut corners in maintenance, we'll be more than fine.

I still think that the causes of depreciation in a modern 2+2 Ferrari are complex and debatable. One thing imho is for sure: The California and the FF are a lot of car for their pre-owned pricetag (for the most part, of course!).

Kindest regards,

Nuno.

5. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Who has one pair of shoes? You should have a variety of vehicles for your different moods. If you have to pick just one, better to go with something that is in the middle of all the pros and cons.

6. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
  7. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Those FFs are old, higher miles, low optioned FFs which is why they are sitting around and the pricing is where it is at. If you looked at a 2014 and newer FF with the right colors and options, the price would be $175K+ (if you could even find one, as these are quickly sold). Can't use the undesirable editions of a model to make a value point. All nations......

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Hate the pano roof on 612. Looks like an LR4- too much glass. Works better on my 612. Wldnt buy an ff with pano. Never have anyone in rear seats as my kida wld rather take an suv if it means sitting in the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otakki likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I was comparing first model year ff vs first model s coupe.
    Listen we can discuss all day long how special and awesome the ff is; i get it.
    At the end of the day, not everything is in the numbers but when it comes to speed the mercedes are not far off and when it comes to tech, quality of the interior, no sticky button and all this the comparison is not in favor of the ff.
    Im don here bc i actually love the ff and its a fantastic car i strongly consider buying one.

10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks Nuno, thats a great point also. My now former 599 ran fantastic and I think a lot of that was I drove it regularly on the track :)

I have one pair, and they are very smelly!! JK! :p

Yeah, but that's life when you are looking for a deal on one of these cars, it might not have the options you want. I would definitely want it, but everyone has different opinions as ttforcefed just said.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  11. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Buying any used car is always a trade off you seldon get all the boxes checked. I was very lucky on my car I got everything I wanted but took 18 months of looking.

Brian L and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    I was amazed to find our used 2012 FF in exactly the spec I had configured three years earlier at the dealer. $395K MSRP for $194K about 3 years ago. They are a tremendous bargain, and I genuinely prefer the styling to the GTC4 Lusso. Loved the FF since day one.

13. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I believe that one at Miller sold, they just haven't removed the listing.

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Why are we still haggling natkingcolebasket69 over FF vs AMG?

He is done, and aren't we done?

15. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Welcome to a forum. Facts are replaced by opinions, then the dialogue begins ;)

16. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    I'm just posting so I can get my post counts up and away from the "karting" designation, hahaha

randkin and iloveferrari like this.
  17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    That's just awesome!

18. socalmaserfan

socalmaserfan Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hello everyone.
    Hope you are all well.
    I've been off the forum for a while but started reading again as I'm getting the itch......
    Regarding used values.....I thought I'd share some data on my personal ownership of a 2012 FF.
    Bought in October 2014 (10k miles) for $203k + 2 yrs Powercube warranty ($13k) + sales tax (7.75 CA) -> $232.74k
    Sold in October 2017 (29k miles) for $135k (was on the lot for 7 months...so technically only driven 29 months) - Consignment fee ($7.5k) -> $127.5k
    FYI...F dealerships around the country offered me $105k for the car.
    Total cost of ownership for 3 yrs -> $105.2k = $2922 a month
    Was it a painful process selling? Yes.....would I / will I probably do the same with a GTC4Lusso next year.....definitely.....ooohhh that V12.......
    Best,
    Sam

19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    The other way to analyze that information is 105.2k/19000 miles is $5.5/mile. A consistent number for ownership in that phase.

First owner cost assuming approx 370k Msrp-assuming trade in 195 is 175k/3 years approx 4861/month or $17.5 /mile. Range based on assumptions 4400-5000/month and 15-18/mile. Even if you drive the car less (3k miles total) the cost for 3 years as first owner are steeper - approx 4100/month and $50/mile.

Your data also shows another aspect of ownership- second owner cost vs first owner vs later ownership. In other words the actual cost of different sections of the depreciation curve.

I guess that’s why I live where I live on the depreciation zip code.

ScottS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

speef and socalmaserfan like this.
  20. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    Good analysis ! If you buy an FF now at $120-130k which is where they are, and drive it a lot you just can’t beat the value for performance, period. They will likely hover around $100k at full depreciation, hard to see them dip much below that. Only thing that can throw the numbers off is if you have a couple of costly repairs, which you can avoid if you can extend warranty at about $500/mo ($6k/year)

Scott concur ?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  21. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Brakes seem to be the outlier for the FF as far as cost, in most cases pads seem to be able to be replaced if there are no rotor damage

22. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    I believe the greatest potential costs of ownership in any 2008-2015 Ferrari are: carbon ceramic disc brakes (ask me how I know) and DCT sensor failures. It is a Ferrari afterall. Expensive to buy and expensive to maintain. I believe this shouldn't put people off buying a Ferrari from this era, as every era has its own problems and there are better things to worry in life!

I don't care if the FF drops like a rock in value. I don't care if the FF may have expensive failures and maintenances. I don't care if it will become a classic in the future or not. I love the FF!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

23. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Or just don't sell! Lol

24. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    I vote for a sticky on the ff /gtc4 issues pertaining to year, I think there are plenty questions that get posted here from time to time and a lot of knowledge shared. I’d be a shame not to capture it.

TeamF1Jr likes this.
  25. NoFFear

NoFFear Rookie

Feb 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    NoFFear
    In case y'all would like to know global prices (I live in Dubai), I'm buying my first Ferrari (FF) this weekend for $117k

2014 model
    15,000 km clocked
    Black w. Tan interior
    Suspension Lift
    Passenger display
    Ceramic Breaks
    HIFI
    Front Camera
    Ventilated Seats
    Tyre pressure sensors
    2 years remaining on Service package (which is transferable)

NO PANORAMIC ROOF

131 Inspection done at dealer and its clean.

randkin, FerrariTexas and G. Pepper like this.