Levante: sensations, reliability, issues? | FerrariChat

Levante: sensations, reliability, issues?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Sunshine1, Feb 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    I owned a Quattroporte, now owning a Ghibli S (my wife's daily driver).

My daily driver is a Range Rover Supercharged (lease expiring later this year) and I love it (gorgeous classy design, power, capabilities). I recently had a close look at the levante when I bought the Ghibli Slast month and it's growing on me a lot: sexy beautiful design (especially the front and the profile, the rear is ordinary unlike the Range Rover), Italian class, sound (a symphony with the S version and up), luxury, best of class handling, ... I would pick the S (a lot more powerful than the base) if I had to make a choice.

For those who own a Levante, what can you say about owning such vehicle over several years (sensations, reliability, issues, ...)?

Thank you.

2. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Had a Levante S for some 6 months and really enjoyed it. I came from a Q’porte ‘08 (which I still keep...). Very comfortable (not as your RR, but still very good). Long distance at high speed (German autobahn) w/o any problems and handles very well. Nice interior but important to get full leather with contrast stitching and alcantara headliner. Not as advanced re interior electronics compared to the Germans but this doesn’t bother me. Big plus (for me) was that it’s different, nicely designed and quite rare. Unfortunately, I totaled it last summer so can vouch for passive safety. Moved to an Alfa Stelvio QF which is hilarious!!! Worth considering if you like a (much) more sporty SUV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAFE4NOW, Makuono and Nembo1777 like this.
  3. Sunshine1

Sunshine1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2011
    Miami
    Thank you for your message. Are you ok following the accident?

The Levante is indeed a nice change compared to most SUVs (design, and especially with the sound and performances of the S and GTS versions, the Trofeo being out of my league for a 2nd car). The Stelvio' design is just ok for me.

CETH and SAFE4NOW like this.
  4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Drive the Levante S , THEN drive the Levante GTS... Range Rover what???? LOL

Like others have suggested, consider the upgraded interior, and stereo options!

The 2019 models are fantastic , they made everything from the 2018 better...

Sensation - You will feel like you are driving an Italian sedan, the sounds a Maserati should make, are being made!
    Reliability - Other than tires between 12-15k miles , annual services, front brakes between 12-15k miles, rear brakes at 18-24k miles, not many have been in for
    " issues " Every make/model of every vehicle made will have one off nuances though.

The GTS may honestly be too powerful , said no owner ever!

GL in advance , be sure to report back which one you choose.

S

5. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Anybody feedback on the Trofeo? The top range now becomes available in Europe, whereas it only was available in the US thus far.