AMP Video on my car | FerrariChat

AMP Video on my car

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Feb 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    ktu, cwilson13, ATLdoghouse and 2 others like this.
  2. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
  3. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Tom.....really nice piece you did there, and one thing you said that (for me at least) is SO important... when
    you said you DRIVE the car. To me, if you are not going to drive it, buy a picture and hang it on the wall.

EXCELLENT STUFF THERE !!!!

4. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Nice job Tom, done exactly as it should be.

Ciao,
    George

5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Totally agree! I don't drive it a!s much as I used to...mostly because of time, but every time I drive it ... I still pinch my self a bit.... until something breaks then I swear!

cwilson13 and ATLdoghouse like this.
  6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It's a great video - reminds me of the ones on Petrolicious.

I have my own 328 video from AMP, made 7 years ago while the track was still under construction! The Ferrari community was invited to see the track, basically complete for the first time, and we were offered rides around the track in our own cars, but with their guys driving since there was still work going on. When my turn came, I surrendered the passenger seat to my young friend Kevin Mosley, since he had a video camera. Here is Kevin's video, with Jeremy Porter at the wheel:

ATLdoghouse likes this.
  7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Kevin actually shot two videos on that trip; he mounted another camera on the rear deck pointing backwards, and hoped that it wouldn't fall off (it didn't).

It took a while for Jeremy to get used to the shifter, because he had been driving paddle-shifter cars all morning long!

8. ARFNSX

ARFNSX Rookie

Mar 8, 2005
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I remember that track when it was that new/raw. I see turn 11 was resurfaced but I use to drive over a HUGE bump before that.

BTW Nice videos!

9. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hello All.

Looks like this could turn into the AMP video thread! :)

This is a video of my Merak SS with the new exhaust system being put through some paces at AMP. This exhaust system was developed by .the Merak Group and the AMP track was.perfect for testing things out. I think you can see Tom's car parked in a few shots and some video magic right at the end of the clip.

Ciao,
    George

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I forgot about this as my own tribute to the Late Niki Lauda. .... one of main reasons I love Ferrari today.