The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know | FerrariChat

The 15 New Models by 2022 - What We Know

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Forza Scuderia, Feb 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    As Ferrari has announced and shed some light on 15 New Models by 2022 as well as much valuable intelligence on the launch roadmap having been discussed on various but disparate pages here,
    it might be helpful to have a summary of our best information and reasonable surmising about their timelines and characteristics.

1. Direct near-term replacement of 488. Code name 142M-FL. The third and final act of the game changing 458/488 platform. Not simply a mild restyling of the 488, this model will combine a modified version of the Pista twin-turbocharged V-8 tuned to deliver 720 hp and tilted more toward on-road enjoyment than lap times. Styling heavily influenced by J50 and SP38 with horizontal headlights, quad circle rear lights and reported 'stepped' F40 style translucent engine cover. Interior significantly evolved along the lines of 812 interior versus F12 interior with more modern and angular design language. MSRP approx $350k USD with popular options. Regular production. Approx 18-24 month production run. Name unknown. To be shown at 2019 Geneva. Confidence level 95%.

2. 142M-FL Spider. Convertible hardtop version of above car. Launch date a few months after or simultaneously with above car. Confidence level 85%

3. F173 Perhaps the most significant regular production car in Ferrari's history and certainly its highest performing. This car will usher in the hybrid KERS era of Ferrari across almost all regular production cars ultimately. This is a statement car meant to blow away anyone who might be unmoved at the prospect of a hybrid future for Ferrari. Mid-engine V-8 Twin turbo hybrid with Kers. 850-950 hp.Faster than a LaFerrari by every measure. Sub 1:20 lap time at Fiorano. 2.2 seconds to 60mph. Radical new design language described as looking like a "space ship" compared to current models. Similarly radical interior design. Likely Head Up Display and other quantum leap Driver Machine Interface technologies introduced. In many ways will be one of the greatest 'values' in performance car history as it will deliver LaFerrari performance for a third of the price.
    Estimated base price approx $475K before options and approaching $600k with popular options. Prospective launch date May 2019 at Monaco. Name unknown but could have Monaco or Grand Prix tie in given launch date. From 2021 on if you want a mid-engine Ferrari V-8 this will be the entry price. Confidence level 90%.

4. F173 Spider version of above. Prospective 2020 Launch. Confidence level 65%.

5. F40 Icona. There have been only glimmers of intelligence hinted at for this car but from sources that deserve the utmost respect. Again a car to overwhelm any holdouts on hybrid era. Hopefully exactly what it sounds like... a giant rear-wing sporting modern incarnation of the iconic fire-breathing F40. If built, would likely be on F173 platform with another 100hp through enhanced electric turbo and even more dramatic race car level bodywork. Would be seen by many as perhaps the ultimate Icona. Limited production. Price $1.8 million USD. Unlike most Icona models limited to 499 pieces this one could be built to numbered pieces totaling 1,315 ... the same as the original F40. Prospective August 2019 launch. Confidence level 70% due to limited intelligence available thus far.

6. 812 Spider. Folding hard top similar to 488 mechanism except without vents. Otherwise mechanically and cosmetically identical to 812 Superfast. Regular production of 18-24 months run.
    Estimated $435k base price and $550k with desired options. Prospective Launch November 2019.
    Confidence level 90% due to highly respected members and sources.

7. Portofino Coupe. Heavily restyled Portofino hardtop. The 'Wraith' of the Ferrari 8-cylinder GT line.
    Only lightly discussed but from respected sources. Estimated base price of $245K. Prospective launch late 2019 or early 2020. Confidence level 65%.

8. 812 'TDF.' Yes a somehow more powerful blistering naturally aspirated large V-12 track oriented version of the prodigious 812 Superfast. As one of, if not the last of, its kind this will be a high priced limited edition car. Likely Limited to 799 pieces. Probably priced at $750,000 or more and approaching $1-million for Tailor Made cars. Prospective launch date 2020. Confidence level 80%.

9. 812 TDF Aperta. Even more limited production hardtop convertible version of above car. This could be one of the grand finale swan songs of the naturally aspirated unassisted V-12. Perhaps limited to 499 pieces or less. Base price could be $1.2-million. Confidence level 60%. Speculation.

10. Classic 250 series styled V-12 Icona. A modern version of the legendary 250 series from the 1950's and 1960's. An homage to the 250 GTO, 250 TR and 250 TDF era. Not a recreation. These will be a brand new modern interpretation of the gentlemens' track-to-street GT using modern styling incorporating iconic signature elements from those classic cars. Will likely use 812 engine and may even be offered with maunual shift in addition to paddle shift. Production limited to 499 each body style. Priced at $1.8 million. Prospective launch 2020. Confidence level 95%.

11. Mid-Engine V-6. From a price, driving experience and performance perspective this will be for many buyers the effective ultimate successor to the 488. This will replace the 488 at the same price point ... low to mid $300k range. Hybrid KERS V-6 Twin Turbo. 750-780hp.
    All new platform and design language vs. 488. The mid-engine Ferrari line will be effectively bifurcated with the 8-cylinder F173 at 900+ hp for $550k and this 6-cylinder car at 750hp for $350k.
    Prospective launch date 2021. Confidence level 95%.

12. Spider version of 6-cylinder mid-engine car described above. Launch in late 2021.
    Confidence level 90%.

13. GTC 4 Lusso replacement. 4-seater with 8-cylinder turbo hybrid AWD and AWS. 750hp.
    Restyled more as muscular fastback compared to current truncated rear. $325k base. Prospective launch date 2021. Confidence level 65%.

14. Purosangue FUV. Twin turbo hybrid V-8 generating 800hp. High-riding high-performance on and off the road. Could be modern 4-seat spiritual successor to Italdesign Parkour concept which is as low and sleek as an SUV could be. Or could be more conventional solution ala Aston Martin DBX production prototype currently testing. Will have 4-seats but innovative solution for doors giving access to all 4 seats but reading as a 2-door. Company says will be the highest performing vehicle in its category i.e. above Urus and Cayenne Turbo. Scheduled launch 2022. Pricing estimate is $275k base and $325k with popular options. Confidence level is 95%.

15. Hypercar successor to LaFerrari. V-12 hybrid KERS. Usable 60-mile electric-only range. Hopefully but not necessarily a still naturally aspirated ICE. Should be the first Ferrari to break the 1,000 hp barrier. Likely 1,100 to 1,200 bhp. Should also break the 2.0 seconds to 60mph barrier reaching it in 1.8. Astonishing AM Valkerie-esque level performance while being a more usable car.
    Will have Head-Up Display and other quantum leap Driver Machine Interface performance technologies. Limited production 499 pieces. $2.2 million likely price point. Prospective launch date is 2022 coinciding with Ferrari's 75th year. Confidence level is 95%.

krash, TP98, davetilstone and 45 others like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Wow’! Let’s see if all this comes true. Very nice post.

Ekirst458Italia likes this.
  3. daflk

daflk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for summary. Very useful: let’s see if we can get a sticky and amend as time goes on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Interesting - thanks for putting it together - it seems almost worth having in general rather than 458/488 specific

Can't wait to see its accuracy over the next few years

jjmalez and Ekirst458Italia like this.
  5. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Amazing post, even if August 2019 (for the F40 Icona launch) seems way too early in my opinion. I would put my money on late 2020 or early-mid 2021.

Caeruleus11 and Ekirst458Italia like this.
  6. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    What are the basis of the confidence level? and your background are?

7. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Thanx for summary Forza Scuderia (wahts your real name buddy ?) …

Is there already a name availabele for the 142M-FL ?

I heared that 488 Sport was mentionned ?

8. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    I think we all have to adjust our calibration to the cadence of new models barreling out of the Ferrari development pipeline. This isn't the closely held Ferrari of LDM. This is a new world.
    This now public company has a stated goal to literally double profits within 3 years! Of the 15 models by 2022 ... 5 of them are coming THIS year! The company is adding the Icona Line plus an SUV line as well as a brand new second mid-engine super car car line. It stands to reason there will be at least one ICONA launch each year. 2019 is The Year of the Hybrid primarily and of 8-cylinder cars. The company is also under pressure from activist shareholders to increase profits in the 8-cylinder category. What better way to do that than a seven figure 8-cylinder car that will sell out in a few hours? An Icona F40 hybrid V8 TT is the more probable ICONA launch this year. And there has been intelligence pointing to this as well...
    2020 is the Year of the V12, launching a fusillade of 12-cylinder cars starting with the 812 Spider and then 812 TDF and I believe culminating in the Modern Design 250 GT or GTO Icona.

9. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Amazingly the name of the 142M-FL has remained secret.
    This is speculation on my part but I will be surprised if it will be called 488 Sport.

I also beIieve those viewing this car as a ho-hum rehashed 488 will be proven wrong by the high desirability of this car. I believe there is a complacency surrounding this car that is ill-advised.
    By the time you read the EVO review it will have sold out its production run.

Remember these words. This is everyone's last chance to buy a factory fresh custom specced
    mid-engine V-8 Ferrari for under a half a million dollars. Ever. Let that sink in.

10. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Ferr9000 said that, in 2019, we'll see the number 8 twice and the number 12 once. That means FL in March, Big Brother in May and 812 Spider in November. He's been correct about everything so far, so I would trust him on this as well.

11. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    One of the most respected and accurate members absolutely. I'm not sure the post you are paraphrasing refutes my theory. It could be referring to only non-icona cars. That being said the F40 Icona could very well arrive in 2020 rather than this year...or not at all. If the source you cite posts further on this car specifically then I would go with that guidance rather than my interpretation of the intelligence I've gathered thus far.

12. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    are race cars ( gt/xx) excluded their normal production car list? There may be a chance of getting a xx version of the f173 and also a high performance speciale version?

13. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    Where was F40 Icona first mentioned ? thx

14. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Race cars are excluded from the 15 whether they are GT XX F1 or any other category. There are 15 production consumer cars coming from now through 2022.

One can only speculate about XX or Speciale versions of the F173.
    My personal theory is that there will not be. The LaFerrari successor will likely get an XX. And just as there was no Speciale version of the LaFerrari made for the street I would think there will be no Speciale version of the 173. The F173 is itself a super car. There is a small chance that there may not even be a convertible version of it. There probably will be because the demand for one would be substantial but it is not known at this juncture. The F40 Icona, should it be made, would itself serve as an ultimate performance version of the F173. Caveat that on this particular subtopic these are just my theories and speculation.

15. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Nice write up!! Seems like almost a new era for Ferrari with hybrid tech trickling down + SUV + 6 cyl coming, but then again I'm just new so maybe every 5-10 years it feels that way

Very curious to see the modular platform and also what Ferrari does with the 488 FL due any minute

Ekirst458Italia likes this.
  16. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    It was hinted at by in-the-know members a few months ago.
    Members that have significant credibility.

polishhammer83 likes this.
  17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well I am up for the 142M FL spider if I can get one. Just wonder when they will start producing them.

18. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great post well written thank you!

19. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    exceptional post....welcome to the new world of Ferrari, more exclusivity, more short-run special editions....and a whole new pricing scheme. Folks who were grumpy about the Pista process and pricing will have a lot of new things to complain about (I kid..I kid)

Winston Wolf, DGPF and ewright like this.
  20. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    The best way to do this would be: work harder, get the money ready for Ferrari. LOL

21. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I wonder what Ferrari will actually do with their production quantities. Will the non special edition cars be hard to buy new as a new customer to the brand, or will production numbers be high enough that anyone who wants one can get one relatively early?

22. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Well in just a few short years they went from 7K to 10K... do you think they're in the business or turning down money? ;)

23. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Great and very interesting post. Regardless of the accuracy we know the quantity of models because Ferrari has stated that. The question in my mind is....how as a Ferrari enthusiast do you navigate through all that? Previously, having a pathway through most or all of the various models plus attending events and other supporting activities such as pilota has always allowed you to build a case for getting the rarer cars that most people want to drive and own. With so many models will the idea still be that you are expected to buy them all to gain access to the much rarer cars or the fact that there will be more ‘rare’ cars means that the pathway might be more linked to what you have bought?

For example, buy an 812 and an 812 Spider can be had, have an 812 spider then a TDF can be had . But to get the Icona F40 you need to have bought the BB and maybe the BB spider etc. To buy everything becomes difficult because it’s not just a question of “I can afford it” but also, “there are so many of these things that I can’t keep track of what I am ordering and what is coming and going!” In the end to buy all of this stuff risks the buyer reaching a point of saturation - there is so much happening that you cannot enjoy each car as you might like.

If Ferrari’s idea is to have more purchase pathways than the current ‘one’ that is a very interesting and no-doubt profitable idea, and probably forces the customer base to be more selective and buy what they want to drive not what they think might ‘increase’ in value. If this is indeed their plan, how do people think this plays out? Did being a committed Ferrari customer just get better, worse, easier or harder?

24. Roger Lee

Roger Lee Rookie

Feb 19, 2019
    what about mid engine v6 hybrid with 30 mpg under 250k with minimal options?

am I delusional or too poor to own Ferrari?

25. Forza Scuderia

Jan 13, 2015
    Any car where the production is limited to a certain number ... any of the Icona models, the LaFerrari successor, 812 TDF equivalents and so on where they are limited to say 799 or 499 or 299 cars ... you pretty much need to be one of the following ... a) a world famous athlete or
    b) a world famous celebrity or c) an extremely wealthy individual who has already purchased a dozen or more Ferraris brand new from the factory in the last five to ten years. These cars are for Ferrari's best customers or those who by their mere ownership will gain the brand free additional media coverage. Even if you are worth say $20-million dollars and you have say 3 Ferraris from the factory in the past 5 years ... you still aren't a top customer. It's a pecking order and you probably won't make the cut. If you are a new customer and not world famous ... you can pretty much forget it in terms of being able to get one of these cars no matter how much money you have.

paulchua and scuderia-seat like this.