Interesting 3 car comparison | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Interesting 3 car comparison

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by pdxjim488, Feb 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I have a speciale. I wouldn't hesitate to get rid of it for a Pista. Just not so inclined at the moment. Will see in the future though.

2. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    7800! ;)

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    no personal and no ego battle at all. Just to point out if you stay in your powerband, lag of turbo and slow response getting out of question. If and only if you track your cars you drive them different than on the roads.

You point F and P cars superior engine over Mc, i just cant confirme. In my books an engine is way more about response and lag, that is just a minor point, there are way more things, that an engine makes to shine over an other. And again it depends where you wanna use your cars.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #104 Shadowfax, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Thats cool then. Wasnt sure if u were infering i had no idea about how to keep an engine in the power band. It is tricky in the 600 because the band is so breif and below that band is very little torque. Very surprising given its a 3.8 twin turbod v8. Normally that degree of lag youd expect in a 2.0 4cyl wrx or something like that.
    The F and P engine isnt finicky, having a much wider spread of torque across the band and the power within that band is easy to modulate. I think if you drive a 600 on circuit you will know exactly what im talking about. Im not saying its a bad car - just the engine should be on par with others in that catagory, and it just isnt.

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    True. But its a fairly solid/meaty 7800.:cool:

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada

Shadowfax likes this.
  7. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    #107 xskier, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    i cant speak for the 600lt as i was just sitting in it and did 2 short laps. the car doesnt intrest me, i think the engine is a detuned 650engine.
    But what in can compare is the 2Rs vs the 720s, and i can garantie you the 2Rs does not have a wider spread of torque as the 720s. It s starts eralier on the 2rs around 2000rpm but stops around 7000rpm where the 720s starts around 3000rpm to around 8000rpm. If you look at the band of 700nm of torque the 720s has a wider band.
    If you look at 750nm of torque band the 2rs has a wider spread. now intresting if you look at the peak hp delevery you will notice when the 2rs delivers 700hp the torque droped already under 700nm. The 720s is different, peak 720hp is achieves with peak torque 750nm, at high revs. To completly different caracteristis of power delivery, but simular wide of powerband. Below from my manuel the gt2rs curve, will ad the 720s later

Attached Files:

8. Nilesh

Nilesh Rookie

Jan 21, 2011
    London, UK
    I dont think the time comparisons are worth anything in this comparison. The timed laps weren't consistent, different lines etc. You would need a much more 'experienced' racing car driver to get a real analysis of the capable lap times.

Still great to watch!

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This is often the case with these write ups. Take it for what it's worth.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I believe a lot of the negativity on the Pista is the process many of us had to undertake to get one. This should not slight the car which seems to be truly amazing. I saw one in the flesh last week and it was awesome. Silver, red interior and carbon everywhere. I don't think you will miss the Speciale but it would certainly be nice to have both.