488 Replacement | Page 102 | FerrariChat

488 Replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I would say that 7-8k is enough. If you go over 10k, you are not even exempt from EU's environmental regulations regarding small scale manufacturers. Then again, what do I know?

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    No, it isn't supposed to include the Gestione Sportiva, only the car maker. Even though with manufacturers the lines are a bit blurred.

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    More often than not, Ferraris win their group tests. I know that doesn't mean much, but most expert drivers prefer them also. I don't claim to be such a driver, even though I have heard good words about my helsmsanship by one Valentino Balboni...

4. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    That would be nice but the CEO is on record saying it would not cost much to exceed the 10k threshold. Sounds like less than 10 million euro,

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4237157-ferrari-n-v-race-ceo-louis-camilleri-q4-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

They will exceed that this year, probably. I think 12-13k annual production is going to be here in the blink of an eye.

5. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Yes, that's crazy because even the Ferrari SUV which is still far from horizon, already has its name announced ("Purosangue").

6. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    That’ll be disappointing as the 458 and 488 already look similar from the sides.

7. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    We speak about a restyling, not complete brand new re-design. Like the last Lamborghini Huracan evolution's. This is a facelift.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    EU customers are being severely cheated by all the rules manufacturer's have to build under to sell cars there. Italy should leave the EU and their endless rules behind like the UK wants to do. No more Ferrari for Germany and then see how long until the rules get more realistic... :D

ferrarifanatic25 and Napoli like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    So if the 488 FL has four round tail lights perhaps the 488 replacement - big brother will get six round tail lights.

Automoblog and Solid State like this.
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    like the old 365 GT 2+2 and 365 BB ;)

maximilien and of2worlds like this.
  11. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Much more different than Huracan evo

12. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I had not the slightest intention of belittling the work that Ferrari has done on the new 488FL and I have no doubt that something really special will come out. Believe me I love Ferrari enough not to confuse it with a Lamborghini. It was just to point out that you can not expect a completely new car, but an upgrade. There will be time and space to see a completely new V8. All this has already been widely said by many here.

sampelligrino likes this.
  13. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Same as with every release. Ferrari does nothing and then the koolaid from prior owners gets poured early and often right up to release. Four tail lights!!!! Here's my money. While I'm at it maybe up the one car every 18 months to five cars a year regardless. :)

14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Could they choose the name of a driving road since this model is about "fun to drive"? They showed the Nivolet Pass (Gran Paradiso, Italy) in the presentation but..it doesn't sound particularly nice.
    Stelvio is already taken and..I'm already out of ideas!

kandi likes this.
  15. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    The Ferrari Napoleon?! :)

F140C and day355 like this.
  16. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Well spotted and if anyone is willing to comment on this, I find it unusual, almost weird that they're using such shade in a show car!

F140C likes this.
  17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    As I noted earlier; it is a huge compliment from Ferrari management that they would select his 'tailor made' paint color for their show car.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Interesting. In our market the 488 came in 10% cheaper than the 458 and full electric seats became standard

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

One great thing looking at it from our side and every country that drives on the correct side :) this BB LaFerrari beater AT LEAST we will see them on the road and not just a car show.

F2003-GA likes this.
  20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Hum , my dealer ( which is the biggest Ferrari dealer network here ) told me last week the entire FL allocation is spoken for.

21. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Sound like nonsense. My dealer in London has just started taking orders.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

488 GTB > PISTA, engine air intake relocated to the back next to the tail light , so where is the air intake going if there are 4 tail lights ?

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #2549 MANDALAY, Feb 24, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Different market, you get more cars and quicker. The 488 GTB was a 2 year wait on release. I bought in 2017 March and delivered August 2018

24. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    That‘s funny but just another sample how different their market strategies are.
    Perhaps the Australians bashed the turbo‘s introduction more than we did...;)