Price ranges | FerrariChat

Price ranges

Discussion in '360/430' started by Steven Webber, Feb 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steven Webber

Steven Webber Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Full Name:
    Steven Webber
    Hello,

I have been doing a lot of reading and research for my first ferrari. I am looking at either a 360 or 430. I am noticing a huge difference in prices. 360s are between 65-100k and 430s go for 95-140k.

Can anyone tell me why there is such a dinference between the. Ottoman end pricing and tip end. Like I understand milage, condition, transmission etc all play a factor, but is 65 for a 360 or 95 for a 430 too good to be true?

2. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I just purchased a 2008 430 F1 Spider with 30K miles (I like cars that have been driven) for $117K. Car had all service records, new clutch, engine mounts and exhaust brackets replaced (common problems with the 430). This purchase was through a dealer. Hope this helps.

3. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    This is a loaded question, and has been discussed in depth throughout this forum. It's best to search for those other threads. In short, there are a ton of technical advancements between the 360 and the F430 that may make the F430 seem like a bargain, even at a higher price. The difference in low-end pricing to high-end pricing for either model does take into account the things you mentioned, plus color combination, number of previous owners, service history, whether or not it's been in an accident, etc.

4. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Don't forget pricing optimism.

KC360 FL likes this.
  5. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    That would fall under the "etc." part

6. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    430 is a newer model - and still new enough that it benefits from the glow of being almost current (or at least recent). Hence significantly higher price.
    360 is now old hat. Too old to be new and too new to be classic.

430 is also a significantly improved machine.

However, the 360 is pretty much full depreciated, while the 430 is not. As all of the used 458s come available, the 430 will drop in price by quite a bit, whereas the 360s should remain more stable as they slowly fade into the classic classification.

In my opinion, the 360 is by far the better looking car. 20 years from now, that will be very important. Ferrari desirability is basically driven by looks and rarity.

KC360 FL likes this.
  7. Steven Webber

Steven Webber Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Full Name:
    Steven Webber
    Thanks for all the help. I have read many of the threads over the past few months and looked at many cars online.

I really like the 360, the pointy headlights of the 430 aren't as sexy as the 360s and the 360 rear is a lot nicer than the 430 (In my opinion)

I am definitely intrigued more by the interior of the 430 as it is a lot more modern. And I like the rims of the 430, but the 430 rims can be places on the 360 also.

I am 6'5 and 235Lbs, so my size may play a roll in my final decision. I have driven a 458 before, I really enjoyed it, but the seats hurt my butt after 4hrs. I am going to fly to LA in April and am going to rent a 430 for a few days to see how I fit and how I like it. Haven't been able to find a place where I can rent a 360 to try it out. Does anyone have any suggestions on figuring this out?

Thanks in advance for the assistance. I really appreciate this forum and can't wait to share my knowledge with others as I obtain it.

cavlino likes this.
  8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I think that there a couple of exotic rental places in Vegas that rent 360s.

9. Steven Webber

Steven Webber Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    Kelowna, BC, Canada
    Full Name:
    Steven Webber
    Thanks, I'll have to take a second look. I did see one listed online but when I asked him he said it is no longer available.

I did see one available to rent right on the strip last time I was down (2.5years ago). Hopefully there is still one there.

I truly do like the look of the 360 better and as many have stated here and before, they have already bottomed out on the depreciation.

I always dreamed about owning a 355 spider when I was a kid. But in my research I have been scared away by the engine out service costs.