Lusso Values | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lusso Values

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by vraa, Feb 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. Buy one, extend the warranty and drive the sodding thing...buy condition.

635CSI likes this.
  2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Wait did your sales guy just say that the Lusso prices are going up? What a claim. Almost as bad as the Porsche sales guy that told me a car covered in melted rubber marks was "never tracked".

3. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A Lusso at under £200k in the UK gains a whole new interest level (it touches the Bentley market) though it is fair to say the FF, say a 2012 is proving a hard sell with any miles, yet on the surface is a relative bargain. As a new car it is clearly overpriced as the initial drop is notable. All a shame really as personally I think the concept of a useable V12 (or the V8) Lusso and the opportunity to experience a Ferrari more often is a great idea. But despite the 7 year surviving and 4 year warranty , extendable, people do not put big mileage on their Ferraris. Fear of becoming unsaleable ??? Maybe they need to change approach, you can get the next hyper car only if you have a Lusso with 100k miles on it. Joking.
    In the end for most people a Ferrari is a sports car and there is limited desire for a 2+2, people take the SUV . Though give Ferrari credit they have stuck at it for 50 years !

deltona and BarryK like this.
  4. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They get lower mileage than expected simply because people with $300-350K to spend on a single car typically have:

1) probably 4-5 cars
    2) don't have a normal, long commute to work
    3) fly most places

There simply isn't much opportunity to use them. Heck, I probably only drive 5-6K miles per year and I probably would not just have a Lusso as my only car.

ricmat, Bmill and montpellier like this.
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    u cant have an ff or lusso as only car - they require a decent amount of time in the shop

ScottS and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Why do you think they are so fragile ? I assume a ppi to get a bumper to bumper warranty with Ferrari is a must right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    really not sure - its just a ferrari - takes time to diagnose things, gets parts etc...i feel like every 90 days it has to go get checked out for something

and lately im more likely to get into an SUV or something - driving the cars has become a bit of a chore...

ScottS and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    This sounds like a challenge and I accept
    I just got rid of my LX470 and will daily drive the FF once it arrives lol

AMN likes this.
  9. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    +1
    Mainly as Ferrari has no loaners...

ScottS likes this.
  10. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    its a chore for sure especially driving in the NYC area. The roads are just incredibly terrible this time of the year. Sad to hear you say every 90 days, but i have a gut feeling this is very true unfortunately. I am in the hunt for an FF for a quasi daily driver and will undoubtedly put a min. of 5000 miles per year just on my commute. Thankfully i have other cars but having to bring it in for service every three or four months Sucks!

11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I semi-daily my from-new Lusso and it has been great. A year old soon and about 7k miles on it. I’ll lose a bit but will keep it 5 years or so until the replacement (unless that’s a V8 then I’ll pass). Paid £275k and expect to sell at 5 years 30k miles at £150k. My 5 year old 30k mile FF (in metallic red) sold at £130k last year. 5 years further on £150k should be about right for a 1 owner Atelier car in silverstone I reckon. £125k over 5 years is similar annual depreciation to a Range Rover over 3 years (about £20k pa).

FFantastic, R J and deltona like this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    As in ur only car? Thats not sensible. Good luck

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Maybe im being a bit dramatic but its at a shop all the time. Potholes are a disaster and we haven’t even had much snow.

14. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    As your only car defintely no way....its a ferrari and will inevitably have something popping up couple of times per year....

yes our winter has been amazingly tolerable and with very little snow.. and the roads are ridiculously dangerous (LIE & Northerstate) . i find it exhausting driving any of my cars as not to hit monster crater pot holes.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    At least twice a day i hit a pothole in one of my suvs and i think to myself- that wld be a bent rim/flat in the ff.

16. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    LOL i think the same exact thing! (maserati qp & 575M)

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Ha. My QP ate rims like cookie monster

ScottS likes this.
  18. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Are ferrari rims just soft?

19. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    A Porsche Cayenne diesel is perhaps the best urban street fighter around. Why would anyone want to drive a sports car in our urban jungles we call cities?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

ricmat likes this.
  20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I live in 35 miles north of nyc and its terrible

Texas Forever likes this.
  21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I know I've read in one of your posts sometime ago and can't remember, what year is your FF?

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002

23. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks! I'm toying with the idea of getting a FF for a daily, but I will have a backup car. I've looked at some 2012's, but if I buy it will probably be in the 2014-16 range.

I thought the 2012's would be desirable because I understand that the first ones all came fully loaded. On the other hand, I would like the panoramic roof.

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Romo’s car is a must have!

25. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I have a 4 car garage so we are forced to drive only one car each.
    My wife has one space for her car so she drives her Lusso exclusively, everywhere, in any weather ( rough lately here).
    In 5 months of ownership she put over 5k miles, expected about 10k miles/year.
    So far it is bulletproof reliable but if need be, LFSC gives her a Ghibli loaner ( used it twice for installation of some extra accessories like laser jammer, etc).IT’s treated just like any other “normal car”, Whole Foods, Costco, Yoga classes, etc.
    The other 2 spaces are used by our sons cars.