Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    No, but to be honest I think it was already the case for the Pista...

MANDALAY and SmokinV10 like this.
  2. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Very nice. I was thinking of how good it should look in a light shade of grey, but a darker one like Silverstone or CdF might also work just as well. Hopefully the new SF 5-spokes rims will be available for the F8.

Anthony Capone likes this.
  3. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    It's not only possible, it is the whole idea behind a facelift - save costs by reusing the existing sheetmetal (and associated stamping dies and assembly jigs) but update the look and feel of the car. From the 488, they kept not just the roof but the front and rear fenders, the doors and all the glass except the engine cover.

Having said that the car looks pretty good. The rework on the rear is particularly impressive. They completely changed the look while keeping the same fenders and nicely converted the holes where the taillights were to a ducktail spoiler.

RWP137 and SAT4RE like this.
  4. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What makes you think that? You haven’t seen the price tag yet. Initially these will be as hard to get as the Pista for most buyers.

Anthony Capone and 09Scuderia like this.
  5. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'd think with such a price increase compared to the 488 GTB they would lose potential customers and at the same time "devaluate" the exclusivity of the Pista.
    I'm no Ferrari marketing guru though ;)

6. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Time will tell and this is the GTB/S replacement to help sell more units.....Pista allocations have been accounted for, F8 will simply fill the gap left by GTB/S. It will likely be low in total number given it will have a relatively short production run before the real replacement ..

09Scuderia likes this.
  7. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    This is a matter of taste, of course, but to my eye it's just another rehashed Italia that looks more like every other car in its class. I've never gotten over the hack out of the side for the air intake.

But given that it's superbly done.

TopspeedPT and m5shiv like this.
  8. LosCules

LosCules Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Naufal A.
    Focusing on the area where the rear quarter panel and the rear spoiler merged.. It gives me a McLaren 720S vibe..

jehu999, Motorwerks and m5shiv like this.
  9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Agree - it's the rear lights much lower and inboard from where they were originally on the 488. Rear end looks a little squished down with a lot of detail.

The "hole" where the 488 lights lived is at the "end plate" of the spoiler in the new car, the triangle formed by the split lines to the fender and bumper. Clever rework of the rear but look takes some getting used to.

dcmetro likes this.
  10. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It doesn't scream out must have to me. I have a 458 Italia and a 488 GTB so I'm fine with that.

11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Does anyone think the existence of the F8 will shorten the Pista lifecycle?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

rp456 likes this.
  12. Giallo77

Giallo77 Karting

Feb 24, 2005
    Switzerland
    Absolutely agree! In my eyes the back ist plain ugly an does not fit the sideline - like the front, in a minor degree...

themediocore, Maggio23 and day355 like this.
  13. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I don't think so, they will be produced in parallel until the new platform arrives.

14. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    My guess is it will.
    Pent up demand from disappointed potential Pista owners will probably ensure F8 is a sales success and production line will be devoted solely to F8's at some point in 2020.

09Scuderia likes this.
  15. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I think all along the Pista was going to be a short production run. So while not limited in number, limited in time more so than usual.

rp456, 09Scuderia and dmark1 like this.
  16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I see what you mean.

Also, it looks very much inspired by the 3rd TR iteration - the 512M - I think. Remember how they tacked on the 4 taillights on that car to presage the new design language of upcoming models.

Even the wheels are kind of similar with the twisted spoke look.

Garretto, E_Man, subirg and 3 others like this.
  17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    If you like the look of the 488, you will love the F8. It dramatically improves the front and the back when viewed directly from behind is an aesthetic enhancement. From the side, the flow to the rear is awkward.

The F8 is an interim step to boost sales until the dramatically new models are introduced in a couple of years. The 488 and the F8 will then see a precipitous drop in value.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    F8 and Pista being based on the same platform with very few differences, it will be very easy for Ferrari to produce both cars on the same line; we don't know the price of the F8 yet but what I'm sure of is that the Pista is a very good cash maker. So unless the demand for the Pista would be fading (which would be strange after all the hype) I do not see why Ferrari would decide to exclusively produce F8 rather than a mix.

thornboys likes this.
  19. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    randkin, PeterL, E_Man and 12 others like this.
  20. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
    I'm looking at a 488 and I don't love the F8.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

bobw and babgh like this.
  21. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am not sure how allocations will go on these. I don't want to give up a Spider to get a coupe with 50 more hp but I do like the styling changes although it's just a facelift as expected. It will make a lot of people that didn't get a Pista happy and I will talk to my salesman about getting one.

22. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    First generation of the 458 that i love. They fixed everything i didnt like about the 458/488

elmadi, G. Pepper and Roland1688 like this.
  23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Front really not attractive:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Wonder of they were trying to channel the 355 vibes with rear duck tail spoiler? And the F355 Berlinetta with the name and added vents and such in the rear bumper.

Juvendude and mkultra like this.
  24. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    The decision, I suspect, will be driven by marketing rather than manufacturing limitations.

Anthony Capone and ajr550 like this.
  25. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    You may well be right.As I said just my guess.As always time will tell.