Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The last phrase is factually erroneous. The Portofino is based on a brand new platform. Ferrari has done a third iteration of the "same" car before though: Testarossa - 512 TR - 512M.

Regarding the design, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I like it a lot and don't miss Pininfarina one iota.

anishka, MRJW, TifosiUSA and 5 others like this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    3% would be a good surprise given the recent trend of Ferrari prices...
    The 488 offered 100 hp for 5% more than the 458, and now we'd be grateful to get 50 hp for a 3% increase :D

3. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    big italian dealer

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  4. F12_fanatic

F12_fanatic Rookie

Nov 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mano
    personally never judge the car by photos, you may even change your perception once you see it on the street.
    The matter of the fact is as human beings we tend to get bored "most of the case's" when a model of a car takes 5 years. you would tend to see a newer version of it.
    I think they nail the design this time but the inside got a little back-date maybe they want to add a touch of flare for interior lovers and this wouldn't be flashy
    Great job overall in the end its almost impossible to get everyones taste.

Performance statistics - better than 488
    Brake - Already great even if its 488 brakes
    Exterior - Great almost like a concept n better imo than 488
    Interior - Classy

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I believe they are both Special Series

6. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Didn't Ferrari more or less say that the F8 would pick up where Pista pricing started? So that is a base of $370 plus options. A poverty spec F8 will be in the low to mid $400s....and they will sell all of them.

roma1280 likes this.
  7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It's not a Special Series ,and further only 3% increase from 488..if true it's a winner.

8. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Doubt it. It's replacing the 488. Why would they price it at the same price as the Pista with none of the CF or "rarity"?

It's going to probably start at $265K.

9. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    nice update to already nice car but not the game changer it needs to be vs 720s.
    imo, refresh of 488 means the next all new model will be revolutionary. hybrid?
    btw, wonder if it will push 458 value downwards?

gqa likes this.
  10. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Definitely not cancelling the Pista for this. The rear end is unusually ugly and what's with the new dash? It's like a hodge podge of Ferrari parts mixed up just so they could say that they tried something different.

11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That would not make much sense to have different models similarly priced - a basic rule to increase sales is to widen the addressable market.
    The Pista is on a different market than the 488 GTB / spider, people are willing to pay for its exclusivity; if the F8 wants to be the successor of the 488 it needs to be in a similar price bracket.
    Making the F8 as expensive as the Pista is what would hurt the Pista, while giving it the same performance cannot be an issue.

Anthony Capone likes this.
  12. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I like it but I'm not trading my 488 Spider -- yet. One of the nicest new features -- the vented rear window -- would be eliminated in a Spider.

bobw likes this.
  13. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    a refined 488 or maybe.....a more rambunctious 488 it looks like. Either way I like it. I wish it had rear wheel steer though

14. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    This is why I will keep my 458 Spider forever. Beautiful clean lines. I also like the angles, scoops and more outrageous designs like this car and the 488. So will always have a choice of classic and new in my garage. The 458 Spider is a never sell car. They can bury me in it.

15. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Rear wheel steering was what I expected from the Pista - but both Pista and F8 are actually very close to the original 488, so no chance.
    Ferrari representatives have been arguing that rear wheel steering is useless for rear-mid engine cars, I'm curious to see if they will introduce it on the next generation (beginning with the BB) which would make their argument questionable...

Nicky_Santoro and Roland1688 like this.
  16. F430 Driver

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    Interesting. I didn't realize ferrari reps were taking that stance on the mid engines. For all the cars I have driven that have it (Lambo, GT3 RS) it works incredibly well. If I were a betting man I'd say they are going to have RWS in the mid engines at some point in the next decade or perhaps much sooner. Still not a dealbreaker just yet unless you are going to track the car and going for track times.

17. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Wow this thing looks awesome. Really tightened up the bodywork. Bravo Ferrari!

18. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I like it better than the 488, especially the front and rear.

Personally also think this looks way better than a 720s but I am not a fan of mclaren styling.

19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Personnally I was really impressed when I drove a GT3 on track, and I also read how efficient it's been on the F12 tdf (unfortunately I did never get the opportunity to drive one, and I drove the 812 only on the road).
    The lack of it left me with the feeling that the Pista was a very limited rework of the 488, not helped by a rather high price. The good thing for Ferrari is that I'm very alone thinking this ;)

day355 likes this.
  20. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Looks exactly as expected and really good. It will do well and I have asked for one. Not a keeper but a wonderful car in prospect for a year. I bet it arrives at the same time as my TM PS....

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  21. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #147 m5shiv, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    I think you mean Oh, Lowie Vermeersch, wherefore art thou ?

Eilig likes this.
  22. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My favorite design on this platform.

23. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    So, as a fan of McLaren, I went through the following cycle: bought a 12c, loved it, lost my shorts on the trade. 650: loved it, lost my shorts on the trade. 675LT, BOTH coupe and spider. Loved them both, lost my shorts on the trades. When the 720s came out, I said ENOUGH! McLaren cannibalizes its products by constantly trotting out the newer, faster version.

Historically, Ferrari was not prone to this phenomenon. Now, however, I begin to have my doubts. The Pista is now rendered moot by this reskin. Yes, I'm aware that some Pista owners will keep their orders in...but the secondary market for the Pista (in other words, the premium on second hand cars) is going to be a hard sell when you can order and spec an equally powerful, arguably more comfortable, F8, without someone else's cooties all over it.

Full disclosure: I have a 2019 488 Coupe. Not at all motivated to chase the facelift; I'm not able to use 1/10th of the car's capability on the street, so I don't feel a strong need to lose my shorts, again, on a trade so that I can have a slightly revised nose and tail. However, I will confess that I am seriously considering buying another Speciale now that I see where this is all headed.

This will be very interesting to watch...

randkin, Solid State, ScottS and 6 others like this.
  24. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark

Just from those pics I would say the Performante blows it away looks wise. Not even close. And the McLaren isn't even in the same league.

cridom60 likes this.